Is Dan Henderson the best wrestler turned striker?

The guy had one hell of a punch. I can’t recall any other wrestler that became such a deadly striker. Romero is good but he’s more of athletically dangerous because me might just at you like a jaguar. Dan had killer power!

6 Likes

P4P Goat

3 Likes

Chuck was a collegiate wrestler. Hendo is probably my all time fave mma fighter.

6 Likes

Did he really become a striker? Or did he have simply have ungodly power in his right hand?
I dont recall him ever really throwing kicks (other than that little half kick/skip to get into H-bomb range) or any sort of advanced combos. Just pawing jab, skip in with his weight and unleash a right hand of destruction.

17 Likes

Chuck wasnt the wrestler dan was, but he used it to keep his striking effective.
And these days gaethje and chandler are good wrestlers who mostly stand and strike.
Gaethjes leg kicks are incredibly effective, and chandlers much more dynamic and fluid in his striking.

3 Likes

Off the top of my head yes. Michael Chandler and Justin Gaethje are pretty good too but I wouldn’t put them with Hendo.

3 Likes

JBJ

5 Likes

As he got older he almost always would box unless he absolutely had to wrestle.

1 Like

Pre USADA Hendricks wasn’t bad

7 Likes

Hendricks was similar to hendo.
Great wrestler, one punch power.

6 Likes

Rumble

2 Likes

Cejudo is a pretty good striker

6 Likes

Lol no

6 Likes

Chuck was not a world class wrestler like Hendo.

And while it’s certainly safe to say Chuck was more of an overall “striker” than Hendo – IMO it’s just as likely if not more likely that Hendo would have KOd Chuck had they fought.

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

LOL

He asked for it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hendo vs fedor/lombard/shogun amazing knockouts

1 Like

Chuck never KO’d Fedor

2 Likes