Is Dan Henderson the best wrestler turned striker?

Oh he didn’t kick eh?

3 Likes

In terms of technical skills Hendo isn’t the best. He was blessed with amazing power like Liddell.

Rampage, Pico, Kid Yamamoto were/are better

4 Likes

whats funny is they used to call him decision dan until he ran up a bunch of highlight reel KOs the first I recall was Renzo

6 Likes

With a left!

Hendo had uncanny power with both hands from seemingly any distance/angle.

3 Likes

Dillashaw is by far the best wrestler turned striker. To even compare him to a bunch of dive bar fighters like Chuck or Henderson is insulting

1 Like

smacked slap gif GIF

6 Likes

Lmao TJ Dillashart

Finally we agree on something. That his comment was stupid

2 Likes

Liddell KO’d future kickboxing legend Allistair Overeem and dropped Vitor Belfort. Nothing TJ Dillashart has ever done comes close to that

1 Like

Striking power =/= striking technique

1 Like

Nice to have both.

But the nature of a fight brings other variables into consideration.

I like to say “predictably unpredictable”.

3 Likes

Dan’s best asset was his iron skull…it opened up so many opportunities for his fists.

5 Likes

Dan ‘Decision’ Henderson was never known for his stand-up and was more of a Couture-esque grinder.

Then he seemed to turn a corner and started routinely landing bombs in fights.

3 Likes

Troof. I grew up watching him wrestle where he was known as the guy that always just found a way to win. One of those dudes down by 1 but getting run all over the mat and then right near the end he would get a drag behind off his opponents shot.

2 Likes

Chuck had that too.

2 Likes

Certainly!

Rashad Evans managed to add some competent striking to his wrestling as well.

2 Likes

I say Chuck was the better of the two but that Dan would’ve beat him in a fight. Chuck could fight going backwards and latterly. Dan barely went backwards and rarely moved laterally. As a striker you know that you can’t truly fight until you can fight moving backwards. Dan is an exception obviously but skill wise Chuck was better.

Dillashaw tainted his resume. He couldn’t have had that footwork with out help imo.
Dan exposed the rules.

4 Likes

Chuck was a lifelong striker who also wrestled. This thread is clearly about wrestlers who picked up striking while in MMA, hence the word “turned” being used.

3 Likes

Chuck Liddell.

2 Likes