Is Dan Henderson the best wrestler turned striker?

Wasn’t Henderson considered small by heavyweight standards?

1 Like

Did he have any fights at HW other than with Fedor?

He fought at MW and LHW so yeah he was small by HW standards.

2 Likes

Justin Gaethje might not have Hendo’s power but he’s a much better striker.

3 Likes

My bad, I thought he often fought open weight.

2 Likes

Chuck had better mma wrestling than Henderson, much harder to take down.

2 Likes

He might have had a few open weight fights in Pride but he was probably at his best around 185 lbs.

Hendo was the best in the world when he beat Bustamante IMO.

1 Like

I know hendo lost to big nog in pride. Not sure what Dan weighed that fight but surely Nog was a heavyweight.

I think they also fought in Rings with Dan winning a decision in that one.

Hendo had enough skill to use his power. That’s the key. Knowing what works. Overly technical doesn’t necessarily mean a better fighter.

3 Likes

Rampage

N

Cormier

Need to be atleast mentioned !

MR. C

1 Like

Hendo got out boxed by Rampage. Pico is light years ahead of Dan in terms of striking.

The question wasn’t who is the better fighter. It was the best wrestler that could strike

Hendo was not that great of a striker, technique wise. He hit like a truck though.

He couldn’t slip punches, jab or work the body. It was all hooks, overhands and uppercuts. Lol.

3 Likes

Shane Carwin was at least as devastating a puncher as Dan.

2 Likes

Cejudo? Dillashaw?

Dan’s greatest strength was his iron belief that he was the toughest man in the cage.

2 Likes

Daniel cornier? Show some respect to the real champ champ.

Dan is the truest goat in mma history. Has titles from multiple organizations all over the world and a career that spanned from the earliest days to the modern era.

4 Likes

Short answer, No! Hendo was not a striker. He was a “puncher” that kicked one midget in the head one time. That was the first time and last Hendo ever got his knee over his hip. Lol!

Hendo did more damage with less tools than maybe any other fighter. He was a NASCAR that could not pass left, could not pass right and had only one gear. Yet, he found a way to win by just driving straight over everyone. I fucking hated bisping as a fighter, but he has one of the top fight IQs and Hendo made him look stupid.

I did a few features with Hendo at the Temecula gym when he was getting ready for the Anderson fight and I was amazed at how broke down his body was and how piss poor he practiced, yet he could still hang with the best of them. He moved like his entire body was fused, yet everything on him looked like rock.

6 Likes

i like this thread

1 Like

Edit

Soul Pray GIF by Tennessee Ernie Ford