Is Dan Henderson the best wrestler turned striker?

Since coming to the UFC?

httpThis is not a striker

I don’t think he’s ever done that.

That is one fight out of 22. He outstruck Rua who is a 100% striker.

I don’t know. I think the chuck that fought randy the second time beats Dan Henderson. Both were almost impossible to hurt in their primes but where Dan is a better wrestler, chuck is a better striker with better set ups and com, using kicks etc. I think Dan would be forced to wrestle after missing h-bomb after h-bomb probably after landing one and making chuck weary of getting hit with it again. It’s have been a hell of a fight. Dan is a BAD dude

1 Like

That was his first UFC fight with 9 months of MMA training and a lifetime of wrestling. That’s my point. He joined the UFC barely knowing anything and became champion with very good striking

I’ve broken that fight down a few times on here…so I’m not going to FRAT.

Basically, I think if it goes the distance Chuck likely wins the decision.
He would look like he was doing more to control the fight and the pace in the eyes of the judges.

But I also think Hendo could catch him.
Hendo excels in the “ugly” moments of a fight – in transition, off a break, etc.
And Liddell would willingly sacrifice protecting himself to either defend a takedown or brace to get to his feet.
Those moments are prime opportunities for an H-Bomb.

Also, Chuck was always willing to take some to give some.
He kind of bet that he could take his opponent’s best punch, and they couldn’t take his.
He was usually right.
With Hendo… I’m not so sure that holds up.

I think it might be more likely that Hendo KO’s Chuck, than the other way around.
But also more likely that Chuck gets a decision than the other way around.

IMO

I guess. He’s been a striker for the absolute majority of his UFC fights.

Between him and Gaethje off the top of my head

Did Chuck dominate guys with his wrestling early on like Hendo did? Hendo almost exclusively wrestled guys for the first several years of his career - his KO of Renzo changed Hendo’s fighting style forever.

He was a wrestler his entire UFC career.

Hahahaha!!! Ok buddy.

Jon Jones , DC and Rumble Johnson were better.

Most improved? I think so.

Best? No.

Pretty sure we’ve talked about it before. It’s a great fight on paper

2 Likes

I’d go DC for best wrestler who could strike. Olympic level wrestler. Gotta head kick knock out, won the heavyweight title by KO. Remember when we called him Bro-cop?

2 Likes

Remember when Dan wrecked his daughter’s boyfriend’s knee?

Emelianegro

1 Like

Not the most politically correct nickname but whoever came up with Emelianegro should be in the mma HOF. It was absolutely perfect and so funny on so many different levels.

3 Likes

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia