Is faking a low blow now a technique?

It seems like 2+ years ago you rarely ever saw someone faking a low blow.

Now, it seems questionably commonplace. I think in certain gyms, or at least to certain individuals, faking a low blow is the MMA "buying time" equivalent of taking a knee when rocked in boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Certainly doesn't help me root for brown Phone Post 3.0

uh, yeah. Clearly a low blow. Not sure what Rogan was talking about.

Brown drops his elbow and defends the kick. It never hit his body.

Good gif. Yeah, he got hit on his right ball but good.

From the replay it looked legal but definitely looks low there

Res ipsa loquitar - 

thanks for the gif.....Now that I watched it 200 times, looks like a grazer. 

Oh, Is that what i need to do? I've only watched it 199 times and still don't see it... ok, ill watch it again.

Too much respect for him to say he "cheated" but i do have to say he did not appear to have taken a nut shot, there imo.

JunkieDog -
Res ipsa loquitar - 

thanks for the gif.....Now that I watched it 200 times, looks like a grazer. 

Oh, Is that what i need to do? I've only watched it 199 times and still don't see it... ok, ill watch it again.

Too much respect for him to say he "cheated" but i do have to say he did not appear to have taken a nut shot, there imo.
Big John said he HEARD his cup move. I'll take his word over some dude sitting at a PC. Phone Post 3.0

If the kick connects with your cup, you have to the right to get a break. Phone Post 3.0

definitely legit low blow.

I wonder if lawler is ever going to finish shading in that tramp stamp. Phone Post 3.0

Hughes did it years ago against GSP. It is hardly new. Boxers have done it for decades. Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes - Hughes did it years ago against GSP. It is hardly new. Boxers have done it for decades. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah that's part of why boxers wear their shorts up so high, it's so they can try to give the illusion of a groin shot when they get lit up to the belly. Phone Post 3.0

looked like he grazed the cup on the way up, op. poor sleuthing

The kick looks like a legit low blow to me. It hardly even touched Brown's abdomen.

Grazer.

And Brown tried to wave Big John off right away to get back in the fight.

It's like Joe often says on commentary it's not a straight nut shot but it grazes the cup which considering how hard some guys kick probably feels like a low blow. Phone Post 3.0

Kelvin Gastelum fan - grazed the fuck outta his nuts.
I saw the crotch move up and down with that kick: no homo. Phone Post 3.0

LOL ^

caposa - 

uh, yeah. Clearly a low blow. Not sure what Rogan was talking about.

Thanks for the GIF, but I don't see the nut shot.