Is Fedor the next Kimbo Slice???

BJJkilla - you should never watch MMA if you compare kimbo slice to fedor.

I see a few similarities that I haven't even mentioned, such as the fact that they both had moderate success in little known venues (Kimbo on the street and Fedor in Pride), but haven;t made it to the big show yet (UFC).

judges don't stop fights

JimShields - 

I see a few similarities that I haven't even mentioned, such as the fact that they both had moderate success in little known venues (Kimbo on the street and Fedor in Pride), but haven;t made it to the big show yet (UFC).

Wow...I rarely stoop to calling someone a troll...but comparing Pride FC to backyard youtube fights is pretty glaring evidence that you are a troll.

JimShields - 

Made it to the big show yet (UFC) smh. Please stop, Fedor does not have to make it to the UFC, if he calls Dana right now and says he wants it, he's in no debate about it. And Pride being a little venue smh. You seem like a UFC fan more then a MMA fan.

cboog -

Made it to the big show yet (UFC) smh. Please stop, Fedor does not have to make it to the UFC, if he calls Dana right now and says he wants it, he's in no debate about it. And Pride being a little venue smh. You seem like a UFC fan more then a MMA fan.

If Fedor wants to be the best he has to fight the best. He was the posterboy for an organization whose top fighters have had little success in the UFC. TUF fighters have had more success than the majority of Pride's fighters. After that, he gained some wins from UFC rejects (Sylvia, AA). Rogan has finally learned the truth and so should you guys!

Thank god my 24 hours is up so I can vote down this f'n troll again.

Wiggy - Yeah - Fedor = overhyped.

Yep. NO DOUBT.

Why the fuck do I even come here anymore....

That

Brasky - Thank god my 24 hours is up so I can vote down this f'n troll again.

You're abusing the voting function and should be voted down a as result. I am politely explaining my opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you should vote me down.

Come up with a good retort and then we'll talk. You belong in the "Strikeforce" of debate.

JimShields - Will Fedor suffer the same fate as Kimbo, an overhyped fighter who gets knocked out by a lesser known contender on CBS??? The similarities are striking!

fuck off already

Eeehhh...

First, I say again, OCTAGON control? COUNT THE CAGE'S SIDES.

Second, Arlovski and Sylvia were both UFC CHAMPIONS. Further, he defeated big Nog, another UFC CHAMPION, on two occasions. That means WINS against THREE Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight CHAMPIONS on FOUR occasions. I'm not even going to touch the TUF comment, because I don't really want to be devoting much more time to this.

Anyone else remember the days when this place used to be primarily the domain of fighters or people who trained in one (or more) aspects of the sport? I'm glad to see MMA's success, but I kinda miss those submissionfighting forum days...

Nathan Hatton - Eeehhh...

First, I say again, OCTAGON control? COUNT THE CAGE'S SIDES.

Second, Arlovski and Sylvia were both UFC CHAMPIONS. Further, he defeated big Nog, another UFC CHAMPION, on two occasions. That means WINS against THREE Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight CHAMPIONS on FOUR occasions. I'm not even going to touch the TUF comment, because I don't really want to be devoting much more time to this.

Anyone else remember the days when this place used to be primarily the domain of fighters or people who trained in one (or more) aspects of the sport? I'm glad to see MMA's success, but I kinda miss those submissionfighting forum days...

The UFC cage has 8 sides, hence the term Octagon control -- I realize that the Strikeforce cage has 6 sides, but the term still applies! Ask any of the refs responsible for scoring the fights!

I understand your point regarding UFC champs, but you have to understand that none of these were UFC champs at the time they were beaten by Fedor.

i do wonder why i keep coming here as well... with posts like this

JimShields - Will Fedor suffer the same fate as Kimbo, an overhyped fighter who gets knocked out by a lesser known contender on CBS??? The similarities are striking!

You stupid fuck.

Choken Necks - 

You stupid fuck.

Well, that was just plain mean. I'm trying to have a constructive debate. Constructively tell me why Fedor is more accomplished that Kimbo? Who has Fedor fought bareknuckle? Who has Fedor beat in their own backyard?

Almost responded to that, but then I realized I'd just be feeding the troll

STFU and go away

"JimShields" what a jerk.