Is Krav Maga b/s?

I was always under the impression that Krav was complete bullshit. But I was listening to Bas Rutten on Tim Ferriss podcast and he was pushing Krav for basic self-defense. Is this stuff actually legit?

2 Likes

Mostly yes, but there are some very good instructors that are hard to find. Most of the good ones ae former Israeli military and Mossad.

9 Likes

bionic GIF

6 Likes

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

3 Likes

I mean woman get taught it to fight off big men with knives and guns …

It must be legit…

Uploading: this-is-krav-maga.jpg…

2 Likes

I really wish these instructors would stop this nonscene and given these women false security, I to thinking that they can stop a male assailant, armedbor not

3 Likes

Bas is a huckster. He’s Dutch Ron Popeil.

Krav Maga is bullshit, he’s just involved in some scheme where pushing it is going to make him money.

4 Likes

8 Likes

jurassic park deal with it GIF

4 Likes

Next OP is going to post the Bas Rutten vs Brian Urlacher story…

He’s a little slow like that.

3 Likes

Honestly I lost a lot of moral respect when he started judging and talking shit about guys for using gear, then was filled through the fuckin eyeballs with opiods in his fight, not to mention he’s Dutch and Test can be sold and bought at your local GNC like creatine. Then when Chris Leben told his side of the story about not getting paid, 100% loss.

P.S. He lost to Kevin Randleman

6 Likes

It’s total bullshit if you’re Mickey Kelly in Sean Patrick Flannery’s, Born a Champion…

Krav Magoo my ass…

2 Likes

Beats the shit out of BJJ… literally

2 Likes
4 Likes

As far as opiods, some fighters can fight better with. I’m not talking the spike, but chewing some vicodin helps, but Bas had a fuckin morphine drip in between rounds.

2 Likes

I met Bas many years ago at an underground fight in Compton. My buddy is his doppelgänger. Looks just like him. Bas turns around and is face to face with my buddy. He stares him up and down and then cracks a huge smile and he says,” you are a good looking guy”. He then opens his trench coat revealing that it has loops for beers and he says ,” come on guys have a beer with the best looking two guys in the world”. He hands me and my buddy a beer and we had a blast drinking beers with Bas.

21 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen

1 Like

It was long enoug ago we didn’t have phones that had cameras. Fuck I doubt I even had a phone lol.

2 Likes

If it weren’t for Hollywood, nobody would even give a shit. You could beat up unarmed Palestinians with good old fashioned Chinese Boxing.

2 Likes

Lol

2 Likes