Is Penn Really Hawaiian???

It shows his dad a white guy and his moms last name is Shin and looks oriental...Maybe his mom is all hawaiian but if his dads white hes only half he seems pretty proud to be half..or is he adopted?

Shin is a common Korean last name. I believe his mom is Korean Hawaiian. I just cant understand how dark BJ is given that both his mom and dad are light skin.

720 -  I just cant understand how dark BJ is given that both his mom and dad are light skin.

he DOES live on an island and rarely wears a shirt

self-explanatory on the tan IMO

Step Dad IMO, Mom is Korean dad was Hawaiian...

"moms last name is Shin and looks oriental"

Like an "Oriental" rug?

I may be wrong, but very few people are truly "Hawaiian." People who claim to be Hawaiian are likely to have been born in Hawaii, but are not descendants of any native tribes.

My roommate sophomore year was "Hawaiian." Japanese mom and American dad, but born in Hawaii, hence, "Hawaiian."

THIS THREAD IS GENIUS

manny99 - I may be wrong, but very few people are truly "Hawaiian." People who claim to be Hawaiian are likely to have been born in Hawaii, but are not descendants of any native tribes.

My roommate sophomore year was "Hawaiian." Japanese mom and American dad, but born in Hawaii, hence, "Hawaiian."
There are still plenty of blood Hawaiians, my old man for instance but a lot of people with little or no Hawaiian blood, but that are born there consider themselves Hawaiian. I'm Hawaiian, but have never been so you could say I wasn't as well.

there's a lot of mix in hawaii....

i was confused when they showed his dad as a white man also,,, i was like, "what! he looks nothing like him"

by this logic, you gotta be Native to be American then, huh.

Technically anyone born in Hawaii, would be Hawaiian. If you are asking if he is native, then I would say since he has 1/16th native blood, he is hardly. However, when it comes to BJ's fans if he says "I'm native American", "Open your mouth so I can shit in it." or "Bend over and let me pee in your ass." they won't put up a fight.

Anything mixed with oriental = Filipino...think about it.

BJ is half White and half Korean. He was born and raised in Hilo, which makes him Hawaiian. Most people living there aren't native anyways.

Oldboy - 
manny99 - I may be wrong, but very few people are truly "Hawaiian." People who claim to be Hawaiian are likely to have been born in Hawaii, but are not descendants of any native tribes.

There are still plenty of blood Hawaiians, my old man for instance but a lot of people with little or no Hawaiian blood, but that are born there consider themselves Hawaiian. I'm Hawaiian, but have never been so you could say I wasn't as well.

I have no issue with him, or anyone else for that matter, calling themselves Hawaiian if they were simply born there. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to consider myself American because I'm certainly not at all Native. If you have actual Hawaiian blood, you are Hawaiian. If you were born in and live in Hawaii, you are Hawaiian. It's pretty simple.

stillmatic - BJ is half White and half Korean. He was born and raised in Hilo, which makes him Hawaiian. Most people living there aren't native anyways.

This is all I was trying to say.

If you put a baseball cap and sunglasses on that dude and substitute a native indian baby, he would be the real life version of Dale from King of the Hill.

I lived in Hawaii for three years. from everything I saw, NO ONE who didn't have native Hawaiian blood would ever call themselves Hawaiian. They were "local". Hawaiian always meant Hawaiian blood.

his mom is part hawaiin.. making him part hawaiian also.

being born in hawaii makes you hawaiian.