Is the "Machida Era" over?

W - L - D - NC - WTF

15 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1

SHOGUN ===== WIN.

TSGIGOR HAS SPOKEN!

Oy kak kharashoa!

Nobody except their fanboys thought there would be either a Forrest or Rashad era. I never thought there would be a Rampage era either.

That said, I thought Machida would beat Shogun. Machida era, I believed. Shogun has not looked the same since his Pride days. But now, wow! Only reason I did not put Machida as #1P4P, instead #4P4P, not tested enough. That is why I also have Brock below Fedor.

Machida will be back. Nobody stay undefeated forever against top rated competition.

Fightmetric is awesome. But unfortunately it isnt the judge.

TSG Igor GIFS for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kent paul - 
Wasa-B - 
kent paul - 

No it is not over but out of the current UFC Light Heavy Weight fights only Mauricio"Shogun"Rua looks like he has the style to beat Lyoto"TheDragon"Machida,

Thats what i was thinking too.

No other LHW has the style of Shogun. Maybe Vera but Vera hasnt shown he can put it altogether yet at the higher levels.

Good point mate but i dont think that Brandon"TheTruth"Vera has the same intensity or killer instinct that Maurico"Shogun"Rua has in the cage though?.

Vera is still a what if....unproven.

ChokeEmOut -  The Machida era = FARCE!

ouch

has anyone noted that Machida looked a bit loose early, maybe even over confident? I don't think that will happen again..

Its the wake up call he needed, can't wait for the re-match..

Also to watch Shogun in the future win or lose is going to be awesome so many good match ups possible...

yes no one has mentioned that Machida never looked rocked at any stage, plus the only time the fight looked close to ending was Machida;s flurry in the 3rd round.

Thank Joe "bandwagon jumper" Rogan for this brilliant and creative sentence. "OMG the Machida era!! WTFBBQ!!"
I don't blame him, he had to hype him somehow for the casual fan.

Machida's more traditional technique and success is very cool and great for the sport. Much better than seeing the 1000th bjj or muay thai guy, but you don't say something like that so soon. Machida's technique is awesome, probably the best in ufc, but he doesn't pack a big KO power so unless he can get perfectly timed counters its not going to happen easily.
A guy like Shogun is stronger (look at those kicks, Kanehara in pride probably still aches from being soccer kicked by him) and almost on Lyoto's level in tech and timing. I was not surprised the fight was so even, but i was hoping for a ko.

the machida error is a better term

congrats to the TRUE LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD : MARUICIO "SHOGUN" RUA!

Now that the "era" is over, all the bandwagoning noobs are in Shogun's era. Hehe.

Machida will be back, and suddenly drinking pee is mystical again!

www.petitiononline.com/ugshogun/petition.html 

all will be forgiven if machida win decisively in the rematch.

It should of never started. They should of kept his boring ass relegated to the undercards and prelims like they did with Okami. Machida holding the belt and winning 5 rd snoozefests for any extended period of time won't be good for the ufc. I hate this guy so much and after he got that bs decision it's just makes me even more pissed off. I won't buy ppv's with this guy on it in the future.

Steelersfan 24 7 - It should of never started. They should of kept his boring ass relegated to the undercards and prelims like they did with Okami. Machida holding the belt and winning 5 rd snoozefests for any extended period of time won't be good for the ufc. I hate this guy so much and after he got that bs decision it's just makes me even more pissed off. I won't buy ppv's with this guy on it in the future.

I disagree. Did you hear the crowd? Casual fans LOVE the guy. he stands and bangs, which Dana loves. If dana just convince him that he needs to throw flurries Dana would never let him lose the belt.

It just shows what a revolving door the championship at LHW is.

frontrowbrian -  The Machida Era has only begun.

Constantly getting your takedown stuffed, scoring leg kicks, and never rocking your opponent with strikes is NOT how you TAKE  a championship from someone. And OMG.. Lyoto had a BRUISE on his ribcage! OMG.. A BRUISE! And a split lip.. OMG he bled a bit.... Lyoto got murdered.

February 6th.. UFC 109... the Machida bangwagon will be full again. People like me never left it.

So, once you win the championship, you're allowed to just sit back, land even less strikes with less damage and let the judges award you a decision?