Is the "Machida Era" over?

If it's like a GSP thing after Matt Serra and he comes back crazy strong, no sweat.

If he's lackluster in his next fight and squeaks out another win, I'll be scared to come on here.

Machida/Rua was a great fight.. 

Everyone put down your pitchforks and celebrate OUR victory.

Li Mu Bai - Thank Joe "bandwagon jumper" Rogan for this brilliant and creative sentence. "OMG the Machida era!! WTFBBQ!!"

I don't blame him, he had to hype him somehow for the casual fan.

yup i was surprised when Joe said this too. He hyped up Machida as this unstoppable karate master.

Then in the next fight does a compete 180 and hypes up Shogun without mentioning any of Machida's strikes when they both threw punches.

Too many people bought into this machida hype including the bettings odds makers. I can see lyoto as a small favourite given Shogun's bad gas tank in the first few fights but 6-1 odds? Did they ever bother to pick up a Pride DVD?

I'd say the bias in commentating made all this drama. If they hadn't been going on about the leg kicks, when you watch it it looks like Machida got the better of a lot of exchanges.

I think it was close and Shogun might have got it on rounds, but it's not all the drama here about him dominating the fight. He looked good against Machida, but didn't kick his ass. It's just no one has looked good against Machida before, so everyone's up in arms.

Let's see what Lyoto's next fight brings. Against who? Randy?

LoL Nice post 

I still think it's the Machida-zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz 

For all of they hype about Machida being invincible, that hype was definately proven wrong in this fight

And, since the who "Machida era" was basicly defined by this hype, I would have say that yes, its probably over.