Is the UFC really considering bringing Royce back?

On one hand Royce needs to be there, but on the other his current ability doesn't make him worthy of taking a spot from one of the younger Brazilian fighters who would look at this opportunity as a dream come true.

My solution would be to hold a fan fest again, but instead of Grappler's Quest have an "exhibition" 8-man tourney of old-school fighters including Royce. Do this on the day before the event following or leading up to the weigh-ins. Have the prize be a legend's championship with a large cash bonus. Because it would be a series of exhibition bouts, you could impose time limits, allow for gis or various other protections, change rules to make it safer for the older guys, etc. This way the fans can be entertained, the legends get recognition, and the fans aren't forced to watch any massacres that make the sport look bad.

Of course I said earlier Royce walks around at 184. But why pay attention now ?

Yeah they would need to go outside the UFC to find a fight that would be A) interesting to fans and B) fair to Royce... Sak or Shammy are the ideals, but both are HUGELY unlikely!

jjj2121 - 
iclimb513 - 
jjj2121 - 
Irregular John - 
PoWdA101 - UFC needs an old guy or "Masters" division. 
I really have no interest in watching old guys with no gas tanks fight each other, even for nostalgia's sake.

Why can't more people understand this?

The Hughes/Renzo fight was the closest thing to a "legends" fight we've had in recent years...it was dreadful.  No desire to watch has beens, most of whom are there simply to collect a check, fight again because I used to enjoy watching them fight.

What was frustrating about the Renzo fight is that if he had just learned how to check leg kicks, we might have seen a different fight altogether. Not saying Renzo would have won, but it would have been less of an embarrassment.
The fight was very, very slow paced and Renzo couldn't breathe at the end of it.  He was in no shape to fight, he was there to collect a check.

Do you have any idea about Renzo's financial situation? If you did, you'd know that money wasn't likely his motivation. He may have fought for reasons that you don't agree with, but I doubt if it was "to collect a check."

Another TUF newb displaying his ignorance, IMO.

KimboByGhettoplex - On one hand Royce needs to be there, but on the other his current ability doesn't make him worthy of taking a spot from one of the younger Brazilian fighters who would look at this opportunity as a dream come true.

My solution would be to hold a fan fest again, but instead of Grappler's Quest have an "exhibition" 8-man tourney of old-school fighters including Royce. Do this on the day before the event following or leading up to the weigh-ins. Have the prize be a legend's championship with a large cash bonus. Because it would be a series of exhibition bouts, you could impose time limits, allow for gis or various other protections, change rules to make it safer for the older guys, etc. This way the fans can be entertained, the legends get recognition, and the fans aren't forced to watch any massacres that make the sport look bad.

Quality idea... I'm down.

Royce-Oleg is great. BJJ X Sambo. Oleg is also the only man in MMA, NHB, or ADCC to ever submit Kerr. Although both were way over the hill already.

I think Royce/Coleman could be sick too.

Have Royce fight Renzo.

Are we actually having this discussion?

I hope they bring him back just once. Would be nice to see Royce against a decent fighter in Brazil. Phone Post

V GSP for the belt. Only match that makes sense

Finally someone says what everyone is thinking. This must happen