Islam beat short notice Dan Hooker and short notice Bobby Green

Yeah I get that but I just don’t believe that all of the top guys have ducked him

2 Likes

You know what that could be it, just talking about him makes them jump out of their seat

1 Like

[quote=“JackMerridew, post:19, topic:3727563, full:true”]

sleepy jet lag GIF by vrt

1 Like

True, but youre trying to use their records to say something about where Islam’s career isbatwhich makes no sense. Dan Hooker lost his last fight to Arnold Allen. How does that have anything to do with Islam?

Its a cheap tactic that has is overused on here. Usually to shit on champs with long winning streaks like Fedor, GSP, Jones, Khabib, etc. Youre not even doing it the right way. Lol.

[quote=“JackMerridew, post:19, topic:3727563, full:true”]

good-one-jim-carrey

No, I’m not. It makes sense – you just don’t understand it.

What is shows is those wins don’t hold up well. They aren’t the same as high quality wins over top 5 or even top 10 opponents nor do they carry the same weight.

Islam achieved a rank of #3 and potentially a title fight for wins over Hooker and Green. That’s the point here. If you have nothing to add to the discussion or just want to troll, I’ll happily ignore you.

1 Like

I actually was having a discussion with you, but as usual you didnt like my point and immediately started calling me a troll. Im a troll for responding to your post wi5hout attacking you personally? Okay buddy, i stop trolling you so that your thread can drop and go away with no responses. :roll_eyes:

You have already admitted to trolling here on another thread. I’m not new at this.

Nice try. :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t make the ranks. I just watch the fights. And I know after watching his last 3 he’s the real deal and I want to see him and Charles lol

2 Likes

I think he’s great as well. He just doesn’t have any wins over top opponents.

1 Like

If he was to win one more fight then so be it. He’ll do it lol

1 Like

Part of getting to the top should be facing those along the way. The rest of these guys have had to face each other and have the wounds to prove it.

Skipping the line is favorable because you can avoid those scars. No one should be skipping the line.

2 Likes

The people that don’t understand how good Islam is are like the people that did not understand how good Charles was a couple years ago. In time, you will see. Not everyone gets fast tracked to the big fights. Its not Islam’s fault Dariush pulled out the week of the fight. Its like when people cry about Khabib beating Iaquinta to win the title… it was not Khabib’s fault that Tony pulled out the week of the title fight. These things happen in MMA.

Oliveira vs Islam is 100% the next title fight to book. 10-0 vs 11-0, lets go.

1 Like

Who exactly should be next then?

Who next for the title shot?

Beneil Dariush
Rafael Dos Anjos
Gregor Gillespie
Conor McGregor
Rafael Fiziev

If it’s not Islam then it can only be RDA or chandler

He beat Chandler exactly 1 year ago now. Plus Chandler also “only” beat Dan Hooker and now an old Tony.

That would leave RDA.

Maybe the statisticians can pick apart why/why not RDA over Islam.

What happened to “I’ll happily ignore you”?:thinking:

Yeah, on that thread. Doesnt mean i do it on every thread. Show me the trolling here instead of on an old thread. Lol.

RDA is a legend but also an aging former champ, former LW Chiesa beat him three fights ago when they were both up a WW. I’d rather see the 10-0 kid get the title shot and let the winner of RDA vs Dariush get the next shot. Just my preference but someone else could make an argument for RDA.

I don’t think Gaethje deserved that second title fight at all coming off of one win. He is a 6-4 UFC LW and got short roads to the title because Dana loves his style. I say that as a Gaethje fan too.

1 Like