Islam beat short notice Dan Hooker and short notice Bobby Green

Tired of the same guys getting title shots over and over. Justin,Chandler, Poirier have all got recent title shots (Justin two of them).

Get some new blood in there like Islam. Otherwise it’s the same idiotic merry go round that the UFC loves. Like when Cain fought the same two guys for five years.

1 Like

I don’t question how good he is. That’s not what I’m saying.

Islam doesn’t have a win over anyone currently in the top 10 of UFC LW division and somehow he’s ranked #3. In no other sport would he be competing for a championship or randomly ranked so high.

3 Likes

He just fought. Next fight doesn’t have to be made immediately.

Islam should be fighting Dariush. Winner of that could fight Charles.

2 Likes

In other sports the rankings are determined by actual wins and losses or voted on by sports writers not just made up by the promoters like In the UFC. When Dana determines the rankings then it loses all legitimacy.

The UFC top 15 are a bit of a popularity contest. Conor has a single LW win and he has been in those rankings for years and years. Tony has a single win over a current top 15 LW and he is in the top 10 and on a four fight losing streak.

If you look at how easy Makhachev beat Green, Hooker, Tibau, Dober etc… then you will understand just how good he is.

I see your point to a degree though, these things about who should get the next shot and why are often complicated.

1 Like

It’s a joke.

Again, I don’t disagree he’s good.

Tony is #7 and Conor is #9 and they only have a single win over a single current top 15 ranked UFC LW in their careers. Tony’s last win was Cowboy three years ago and Cowboy has not won a fight since then.

At some point you got to let the younger guys get some of the big fights to keep a division moving.

Khabib did the same thing on his way to a title shot. Not saying he isn’t an amazing fighter, but you can’t deny that he never had to face anywhere close to the competition of Gaethje, Oliviera, or Poirier.

Lol @ a “troll” saying to somebody “I’m a troll, just let me troll bro”. Jesus Christ what a sharp decline in the quality of trolling we have seen on this board. Dude can’t even troll his way out of being called a troll.

Yeah and that’s being used by many as an argument against his undefeated record and all time great status.

Beneil Dariush beat both Moises and Dober a full 2 and 3 years before Islam did, respectively. He has a 15-4 record inside the UFC and is currently on a 7 fight win streak. His win over an aging Ferguson is worth more than any win on Islam’s record.

2 Likes

angry-little-girl-annoyed

1 Like

Beneil also got KOed by Hernandez Njem and Barboza, submitted by Chiesa. He has looked great and better than ever in his last seven fights, thats why I wanted him to show up and fight Makhachev but he didn’t. Looking forward to the Oliveira vs Makhachev title fight next. Maybe Dariush wins his comeback fight once he recovers from injury and gets the next title shot.

Yeah but why would we be talking about losses that happened before the current streak he is on. Islam was KO’d by Martins but I don’t care about that. The only reason we’re having this conversation is because Charles has nobody else to fight outside of Islam. Beneil is hurt, Chandler needs another win, Poirer just lost, etc…… if Charles had a clear challenger, Islam and Beneil would be fighting each other. The winner of that would challenge the champ. Beneil is the most deserving… he’s just injured

You mentioned some of his wins from years ago so I thought I’d highlight he had a couple losses right before those wins. Islam has not had multiple losses. He also showed up for the #1 contenders fight which is the reason I’m in favor of seeing him get a title shot now and Dariush can fight the next guy in line for a #1 contenders spot that will then go on to fight the winner of Charles vs Islam.

Charles vs Islam and Dariush vs Poirier works. RDA is booked vs Fiziev.

1 Like

Exactly. He doesn’t want to fight dariush now and turned down a fight with RDA, but wants an immediate title shot, lol.

Though his best leverage is the fact that Charles isn’t actually the champ and the title is vacant. But there’s a reason why Dana still wanted the dariush fight.

The same kind of fear that Islam has for RDA and Dariush? That kind of fear?!?!

It’s no different than people downplaying guys that have beaten Tony Ferguson recently.

This is why this is the perfect time to do a Charles/volk superfight. Both just recently fought. Both on 11-0 runs. Both champions. Just throw a belt in oliviera.

This gives time for an Islam/dariush fight.

Makes too much sense.

There is not a UFC fighter on the roster that would not want a UFC title fight after going 10-0 and having names refuse to fight you.

Hell, Pena just got a title shot after going 4-4.