Islam Makhachev Reveals UFC Rejected an Offer to Return in the Summer:

It was a close fight but the decision was correct. One judge gave Arman one round. So of nine round scored by the 3 judges, 8 of the rounds judged were Islam.

1 Like

Facts are facts, yes.
But U suit it to Ur own agenda.

Arman (hadnā€™t lost in 5 yrs , correct)

Islam debutā€™d, beating a 145er nobody that was convicted for throwing fights
(Leo Kuntz)

1 Like

Specifically we were talking about being fast-tracked to a title shot. The assertion was that Islam was fast tracked and JG had to earn his. The facts bear out that neither one of them were fast-tracked and arguably Islam had a tougher road to the title shot.

Agreed

My main argument is actually that Islam and his whole camp including mentor Khabib cherry pick fights. They ensure the balance of risk is as far in their favour as possible in terms of the location, IVs, weight advantage and opponents fight styles, short notice opponents etc and when the risk balance isnt as far their way as possible, they are known for cancelling and pulling out of fights for no good reason

1 Like

So we are past the idea of Islam being fast-tracked to a title shot, right?

Then we can move on to the cherry-picking of fights.

1 Like

What was the rank of fighter that Islam fought to win that title shot

Itā€™s what I have been talking about all along. I dont care less what tarded mma math you used for the fast tracking thing tbh. You totally ignored their opponents rankings at the times they fought and their rankings now so your point is not proven and I really dont care

1 Like

Oh ok. Youā€™re sticking to your feels. Got it.

2 Likes

Youā€™re sticking to confirmation bias and logic chopping/nit picking. Derp

So do the analysis and provide support for your assertion that he had an easier path. Without confirmation bias and logic chopping / nit picking. Or derp.

Mate its pretty simple - Gaethje fought multiple ex champions and fighters still ranked in the top 5 today on his run to the title. Other than Michael Johnson has he ever fought anyone that wasnt inside the top 10 when they fought?

For Islam - other than getting KOā€™d by tibau did he fight a single fighter inside the top 10 or 5 ranking before he got a title shot? Are any of them still there today? Arman - thats about it and again it was his debut. Dober is great I am a fan but fucking wake up mate.

You comparing Kajan and Bobby Green to Dustin and Tony Ferg? You are being a retard

So you donā€™t think Gaethje was fast tracked when he got a title shot when he was 4-2 in the UFC and had been in the promotion 3 years while Islam was 11-1 in the UFC and had been in the promotion for 8 years.

Next in line since 22? What do you mean, all he did is lose a title shot in 22, that was his only fight. I was talking about his first shot.

Gaethje is the only fighter in UFC history to be anywhere close to 8-4 in the promotion and is on the cusp of his 3rd title shot and he has never won the belt. They even let him fight for that gimmick belt when he was 1-1 in his last 2.

What other fighter in UFC history have you seen get 3 (4 if you count BMF) title shots without even 10 wins in the UFC?

1 Like

Thatā€™s not what Samoa asked me. You guys keep twisting this and it is lame af. I have a job gtg

That was Islamā€™s 4th win in 11 months to get the title shot and 4th finish and its not his fault Dariush didnā€™t show up and Gaethje and Dustin turned the fight down.

Even after finishing all of them Dana still tried to then get him to turn around on two weeks notice and take the RDA fight or said he was gonna take Islamā€™s title shot away.

You guys hate Khabib and Islam so bad you blame them for Dariush and Tony pulling out of fights with them and try to discredit them when they actually went 27-1 in the UFC LW division and smoked everyone.

You canā€™t spin 27-1 against them because Dariush pulled out of a fight.

1 Like

Iā€™ve provided ample evidence to show that neither one was fast-tracked.

Multiple ex champions? Which ex champion did he fight to get his title shot?

JG had to beat James Vick (legit contender), Barboza (1-2 going in), Cerrone (who was 4-5 in his last 9) and Ferguson (who was a legit contender)

Islam went 10-0 and beat Dober who was 6-1 in his past 7, Ramos (6-1 coming in) Tsarukyan (who hadnā€™t lost in 5 years and had won 12 straight) Hooker (not a big win) Kajan Johnson (6-1 coming in) and Bobby Green (not a big win).

2 Likes

Much like Islamā€¦

How can Islam be p4p No1 when he hasnā€™t even defended the belt against a LW and any top 10 LW at that

Do you people really lose sleep over a p4p fanboy rankingā€¦?

When they use to have women in the p4p lists it would make me mad and my blood boil

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Bucky is faking it heā€™s the biggest sheep herding Dagi groupie on the site on the DL.

Probably a bigger Islam fan than me.

1 Like