Islam Makhachev Reveals UFC Rejected an Offer to Return in the Summer:

You sure about that? He has 8M followers on instagram and his skills are highly regarded. He is the #1 ranked P4P fighter in the world so you can pretend he “won’t be a footnote” because you don’t like him but that has nothing to do with reality.

2 Likes

Also to note his Instagram is weird as fuck.

How many of those 8mil are BOTs

Such a manly DP pic

1 Like

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

He’s wrestling the best coach ever and your idol
robert-de-niro-finger-wag

Edit,
He is being repeat molested by his teacher, over and over again, he even has PTSD from the violent raping’s he received especially as a child

so fake

tenor

you guys are marks

Either its weird as fuck or just a normal metric of how popular a fighter is in 2024.

He wanted to make the absurd assertion that he won’t be a footnote for some reason and I just refuted it with data.

Makhachev has you guys really worked up here.

Khabib, DC, Abdulmanap, Javier etc… have been telling everyone who would listen that Makhachev would become great and it happened and for whatever reason you guys have just lost your shit over it.

I was rooting for Charles against Makhachev but the hate he catches is strange.

When Penn moved up he finished Hughes and almost beat GSP.
When Nunes moved up she KOed Cyborg.
When Cejudo moved up he captured the BW title.
When DC moved up he captured the HW title.
When Randy moved up he captured the HW title.
When GSP moved up he captured the MW title.
When Jones moved up he captured the HW title.

Champs moving up to challenge heavier champs are very dangerous fights the heavier champs. You also know Islam could not control Charles pulling out and he had to accept the Volk fight on short notice. You trying to ignore the reality of dangerous champs moving up is hilarious.

How fucking utterly laughable indeed.

Yeah he has a long ways to go in order to be in any kind of “greatest” conversation.

Sure he would have a way to go to be called greatest this or that but 14-1 in the UFC and 25-1 in MMA overall with 11 subs and 5 KO’s is a tough record to trash like some people try to do.

He ended Olivereira’s 11 UFC fight win streak and then ended Volk’s 12 UFC fight win streak back to back.

Mendez has said Islam plans to fight whatever LW challenger the UFC wants next and the hope would be to then get a WW title shot after that.

Islam seems to have no issue fighting anyone from FW, LW or WW.

He hasn’t defended against a LW and he has only wanted to fight Leon at WW. There is a significant difference between what you said and reality.

I think he beats every LW in the world. He hasn’t done it as champion yet. He needs to create a LW legacy as a champion.

1 Like

I didn’t say it. I just repeated what I heard Mendez say to Helen Yee.

He hasn’t defended vs a LW because Charles pulled out of the fight and he accepted Volk on short notice, again not really his fault.

Gaethje being 8-4 in the UFC but having already got two titles shots, I’d rather see Islam fight the WW champ than see Gaethje get a 3rd title shot right now. In general though, yeah I’m sick of champ vs champ fights slowing divisions down in UFC.

I’ll root for Charles to reclaim the LW title but beating Tsarukyan and Makhachev back to back is no easy task.

Cmon man. That list is silly.

1 Like

So add Islam to the list of champs who rolled over the existing champ even though he hadn’t had a top 5 win prior like Topuria, Connor (Mendes was top 5 but Connor had already gotten the title shot), Jones, Islam…who else? Perreira? Altho he didn’t roll over Izzy.

I think people make too much of “number of top 5 wins” when it comes to some fighters like Makhachev and Topruia climbing the ranks.

With names only taking 2 fights a year these days and often taking the right fights, we have idea how many “names” turn down fighters like Makhachev and Topuria while they are climbing the ranks, per Dana, a shitload.

True but you believe Dana? Ideally it happens.

Do I believe Dana that tons and tons of fighters turn down fights with guys like, Umar, Makhachev, etc… when they are climbing the ranks and running through guys but don’t have a name yet?

100%, happens all the time.

Umar is 16-0 and 28 now, I 100% believe a lot of names are turning down fights with him and thats why UFC had to book him against Almakhan who is making his UFC debut.