Islam vs Charles O. for the vacant belt NEEDS to happen next

Like c’mon. We saw chandler already. No one cares about Conman McTapper.

Islam is that guy pal. Make it happen

6 Likes

It’s a competitive fight, but look at the resume. In what way does he deserve a title fight?

7 Likes

It will be amazing

1 Like

He doesn’t

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

This is the best grappling matchup in mma ever.

3 Likes

I’m sounding like a broken record but…

Let Islam and Dariush fight a True #1 Contenders Fight

Stupid to get a Title Shot after Bobby Green and never fighting a Contender no matter how many wins it is

And give Oliveira his Fucking Belt and a Vacation

13 Likes

I’m riding with Charles hard in that fight, but I’m a bit worried. I know he’s on a different level now, but he’s been subbed by Miller and Pettis in the UFC. With the wrestling advantage Islam will be tough on the ground. Thankfully Charles has the striking advantage. I agree that Islam’s resume is weak, but he’s got the streak and he’s been dominating. I’m down to see him get the shot, or I like the Dariush suggestion

3 Likes

No one on Team Goatfucker has anything for Charles standing. So that results in Charles absolutely throwing caution to the wind. What are those guys going to do to him on the ground? He’s made a career out of submitting other grapplers.

There is no path to the title for any of them that goes through Charles Oliviera. The only way they sniff the title is if some other striker takes out Oliviera. They should be begging Conor to return to 155.

2 Likes

The Miller one was when Charles was super young and the Pettis and Lamas sub losses were a drained FW Charles.

Some think a good top grappler beats the good bottom grappler. That is usu true but Charles is exceptional on the ground but he is best in transitions imo. Against Islam, it will be a Islam on top, Charles in guard. But Charles could also catch Islam off a TD attempt too and won’t be scared to get taken down and is also a threat in the clinch.

3 Likes

Oliveira seemed to be physically weak and relied strictly on technique in the earlier part of his career. He’s probably the fighter that has made the biggest improvement to his career by focusing on his strength and conditioning. He’s lanky but very physically strong now at 155. You can really see it in the clinch where he is able to control his opponents and inflict damage.

7 Likes

As well as take shots and keep coming. Obviously flipped the switch on his confidence too.

Why Abu Dhabi?!??!

This fight should be in Vegas.

3 Likes

Has Islam even beaten a top 10 opponent? I know it’s not his fault, but if Dariush is his first top 10 opponent, then that fight needs to happen first.

4 Likes

I want it in Brazil personally

1 Like

That Charles is so hot right now

1 Like

Who does this fucker think he is?

2 Likes

I think its hilarious Khabib and Islam relentlessly reference Abu Dhabi. They know they scale is a huge problem for them, the odds are in their favor if its there.

Also, it took Islam 4 rounds to sub a non top 15 fighter Thiago Moises. I see him losing to Dariush much less beating Oliveira lol.

Islam needs this fight to not take place in Brazil to even have a chance at all.

To be fair, Moises is a high level bjj guy is he not?

2 Likes