Islam vs Charles O. for the vacant belt NEEDS to happen next

To be fair he is, but i wouldnt consider him in the same conversation as Dariush and Oliveira.

He has 1 sub in the UFC

1 Like

Yes I know Moises isn’t top level
Mma bjj. It’s still the fight to make tho - Islam vs Oliveira. One of the best grappling matchups we can see in mma esp due to their contrasting styles.

1 Like

They’re referencing Abu Dhabi because Islam is a huge there and the gate will entice the UFC to actially make the fight.

He beat Dan Hooker who was top 10…

you know the guy who Chandler beat to get his TS with his first ever UFC win, while Islam has 10 straight wins?

He also beat Arman who is better than anyone besides him in the top 5 including Olivera.

1 Like

The Hooker win for Chandler must have been Chandler’s MMA debut?

Chandler also beat Hooker when he was higher on the ranks than when Islam did.

Islam is ranked #4 and has 10 wins in a row. He’s already justified to have a TS. I see nothing but fear from Olivera fans.

2 Likes

Like me calling this to the fight to make? But yes Moises is still better than Charles.

So what if Moises caught Islam in 2015?

Olivera was tapping to strikes on his back to Felder in 2017.

Oliveira said he’s coming back in December in Brazil. Fuck the Abu Dhabi stuff. He deserves one at home.

Islam not fighting until October is dumb. Especially being booked against an injury prone opponent that far out. Get him booked for July or August against a top 10 and then on to Oliveira in December.

2 Likes

Olivera is holding out for Conor and wants absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

Went toe to toe with Chandler, Poirier and Gaethje but is afraid of Islam, who at best would lay and pray him. :rofl: you crack me up.

6 Likes

1 Like

This. Its like the young kids in BJJ. They can only rely on technique, but once they get strong, look out

1 Like

Shouldn’t be vacant. Charles got robbed

1 Like

Charles is a problem

3 Likes

Tony only went the distance too as he was willing to have his arm snapped. That is a GOAT worthy streak.

4 Likes

Seems like Islam wants the immediate title shot and doesn’t want to risk it over someone like Dariush.

3 Likes

After sleeping on it, I have no problem with Islam x Oliviera next. Team Dagestan pads their record with bums all the time. I have no problem with Oliviera doing the same. This will give Conor some extra time to heal anyhow.

1 Like

Why would Charles give Islam, the challenger, a fight where he wants it? Charles should fight him in Brazil. Let Charles have it where he wants, not some challenger. Seriously though, there’s other contenders that need to fight it out before Charles graces them with a fight.

7 Likes