Israel Adesanya can never surpass Anderson Silva

I like Izzy. Specially after he defended Joe Rogan recently. But let’s be honest. Izzy can never and will never surpass Anderson Silva as MW GOAT or overall GOAT

Izzy is just a very very good kick boxer. Anderson was a master of overall striking. All of it. Boxing. Kicking. Muay Thai. Everything. And on top of being the best overall striker in MMA history he was a black belt in BJJ. He did submit the Michael Jordan of BJJ after all

Anderson’s best wins -

Rich Franklin x2. Both were brutal finishes in which Anderson showcased incredible Muay Thai and overall striking

Dan Henderson. Silva submitted a PRIDE FC legend and did it stress free. Second round RNC. It was pure domination

Chael Sonnen x2. Anderson defeated a very high level wrestler twice. Meanwhile Izzy was out grappled by Jan Blachowicz

Vitor Belfort. I don’t think Izzy will ever beat a fighter with Vitor’s level of boxing

Nick Diaz. Anderson defeated one of the greatest boxers to ever fight in the UFC. He did test positive for steroids though afterwards sadly

On top of all that, Anderson moved up to 205 3 times. The DC fight doesn’t count he took that fight on 2 hours notice he just happened to be around and he was like oh shit yeah I’ll step in to save the card

In those 3 fights in which Anderson moved up in weight: first round TKO, first round KO, and first round TKO. That’s. Fucking. Impressive. We saw what happened to Izzy when he moved up to 205 just once lol

ufc 208 GIF

MW GOAT

18 Likes

Izzy’s most impressive win was his first win over Robert Whittaker. Is there anyone who thinks Silva would not have beaten him too?

2 Likes

Anderson’s BJJ is the biggest difference of why Izzy can never surpass Anderson. Silva’s submissions over Travis Luter, Dan henderson, and chael sonnen are all a thing of legend

4 Likes

Its a bit early to say he never will, Izzy has only been in the UFC for 4 years.

3 Likes

And already has his first loss due to his severe lack of grappling lol

1 Like

Izzy really shit the bed in the Yoel Fight. 25 min snoozefest :sleeping:

5 Likes

Agreed OP.

2 Likes

Anderson is a special talent, the same with Fedor and GSP.

Israel is great, a top 90 percentile talent and that’s enough for his own legend.

6 Likes

Anderson is my favorite of all time. I met him before he fought leben and it’s one of my favorite memories. He was kind of dogging me until his manager translated for me he was my favorite fighter. Anderson lit up after that and was so friendly. He didn’t think anyone in America would know who he was and was so happy to hear he already had fans. Watching him train before the leben fight is one of my favorite memories. He had two little guys with him and Ed Soares.
Anyways back from memory lane. Adesanya is just on a different level. Faster and sharper than Anderson ever was. I feel Anderson is a better entertainer but when it comes to standing technique Izzy has him beat just about everywhere. I think Anderson built the template for guys like Izzy and he’s carrying the torch forward with a new level of sharpness.

5 Likes

Anderson is like roy jones, made fighting look like an art

3 Likes

He barely got by 50 year old Silva on crutches.

Prime Silva would smoke Izzy quite easily.

6 Likes

Anderson Silva moved up and did this to the former LHW champion of the world. Could Izzy?

4 Likes

Forrest would mop the floor with Jan.

Man. This was a lifetime ago. I saw watched this fight live I knew Silva was going to win but I thought he’d win a decision 30-27 or even 26. I did not think he’d look like he came out of the Matrix and make this fight look like the biggest mismatch in combat sports history

The Anderson aura got to Izzy in that fight. Was a friendly fight and basically a sparring match. Again I am bigger Anderson fan than all of you combined but have to recognize reality. Hehe

3 Likes

This, Izzy took easy on him

4 Likes

Anderson may actually be the best boxer in UFC history (not including James toney) since he out boxed a professional boxer last year. I forget his name and no I’m not talking about Tito Ortiz lol

And let’s not pretend like Silva wasn’t a great kicker himself too

3 Likes

Absolut fuckin legend!

He probably wont, but its possible. Hes 32, quite active, has already done a lot in 4 years in the UFC and hasnt shown signs of decline yet.

1 Like

Grappling is the weakness of both of them, but Silva had a division full of grapplers to deal with and did. Imagine how many more highlights Silva would have had if he was blessed with this striker-heavy division that Israel has. Every fight would have looked like the Forrest Griffin one.