"It wasn't a choke, it was on the jaw."

I don’t think this is a valid complaint. What do you guys think? The last time someone said this to me I had their back, we were handfighting, I was obviously going for the rear naked, and I thought I had it pretty clean, it wasn’t like I clearly had a massive amount of jaw in between my upper and lower arm. Also, a lot of the time (all the time?) people are sticking their own jaw in there to try to defend the choke. It’s not my problem if you’re doing that and then tapping to jaw pressure. It’s a valid submission to me. What do you guys think?

Also, the guy went out of his way to try to invalidate the submission by saying it “wasn’t a choke - it was jaw pressure”.

8 Likes

A tap is a tap

37 Likes

Rape him next and see how confident he is after

10 Likes

You are playing in an inferior ruleset if this is an argument that can invalidate a submission.

5 Likes

It’s a silly beta bitch excuse for getting tapped. Anyone gets a rear naked on your jaw, you’re looking at months of having your jaw wired shut if you don’t tap. Much worse than just going to sleep, so yeah, jaw rnc’s are even more legit, imo.

5 Likes

If you’re using your chin or jaw to defend an rnc, you’re not actually defending the choke and shouldn’t act like it. That’s not a legitimate defense.

8 Likes

The correct response is:

What kind of pussy taps to jaw pressure?

13 Likes

Someone who likes their teeth?

5 Likes

I never tapped to jaw pressure and still have all my teeth. I did have someone tell me that Elliot would break my jaw if I did that but I never rolled with Elliot

1 Like

That’s the equivalent of not tapping to a kimura and your rolling partner deciding to let it go rather than ruin your shoulder joint for infinity.

Not something you should be bragging about.

7 Likes

I’m not bragging I’m stating what happened. They never showed me mercy, my head was just too big and strong for spaghetti arms to tap me without sinking it. I never tapped to calf slicers either but now I get weird pains in my calf’s. I don’t even train anymore I just end up here misclicking trying to go to the OG and always end up running into some elitist asshole

6 Likes

Lol, genuine actual lol @ the elitist asshole comment. I am, but not in regards to anything combat sport related, I was just stating a fact, you can make your “spagheti arms” comments all you want, your training partners were being soft on you because you were too dumb to tap.

Why don’t you show me all the UFC fights that ended by jaw tap?

I apologize, that was unnecessary

1 Like

No homo, but when i first started BJJ I ALMOST tapped to my partner’s leg squeeze while in his closed guard.

I new what a terrible precedent that would set if he knew i would tap to that.

“It was just leg pressure, bro”

3 Likes

Khabib x Connor
Anderson x hendo . He had it in the jaw and hendo gave the neck .
That’s a couple at the highest level off the top of my head .

2 Likes

The goal is to make you give up. So
Whether it was on the jaw or a noogie, you gave up.

That would be my response.

2 Likes

Lol ya as i was typing that i was remebering times i just bit down and weathered it and wondering how close i was to having my jaw snap

I didn’t say anything. Two senior belts were watching us and heard his comment and I know them well enough to know they didn’t agree with him. The three of us just silently disagreed with the guy.

In addition to, “The goal is to make you give up.”, which I completely agree with, I disagree with the guy’s stated position even more so because he chose to stick his own jaw in the way because he was concerned about my attack on his neck. If you jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, don’t blame me or try to invalidate my victory. Not that I’m too bothered by it. Only very slightly haha.

Like, I have the guy’s back, I’m working the choke, he sticks his jaw in, I know I could tap him by squeezing but I’ll just not attack. It’s some weird universal safe space when you put your jaw in a vice? Maybe we should slide over close to the window so that he can see the sunshine better and I’ll pat his head?

2 Likes

Thanks, how many successful jaw defenses in the UFC?