"It wasn't a choke, it was on the jaw."

How many fat guys tapped to exhaustion cause the arm around there hot dog necks obstructed their breathing.

1 Like

They didn’t call his ass out? Lame

If your defense puts you in another submission then your defense sucks.

2 Likes

Yup. And I had the choke too.

1 Like

Aoki has finished quite a few fights this way with his spaghetti arms.

1 Like

I think it was fine. The two senior belts are older, white collar guys. Don’t get me wrong, they are plenty “tough”, these aren’t white collar softies. The guy who tried to diminish the submission is in his early 20s. Also, the upper belts are really big dudes. Basically, they are intelligent guys that didn’t see cause to feel threatened or overly bothered. I could have said something if I’d cared enough. I know that when I was younger I’ve said things along the lines of, “I don’t care”, when someone told me it was all jaw, or a crank, or whatever. Sometimes the correction itself causes more damage than the initial infraction, “the cure is worse than the disease”.

2 Likes

I was rolling with a guy almost twice my size (I’m 5"6 135 of pure destruction) the fucker was a fitness instructor too. He squeezed his legs in guard and I tapped. Hurt like fuck, after he stopped laughing we agreed to keep it to technical manoeuvres and not just his massive strength advantage. I don’t think I ever got a sub on him, he was a machine.

1 Like

That bastard :grinning:

Mallrats Well Did He GIF - Mallrats Well Did He Game Show - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 Like

He was an animal, whenever he wasn’t in class he was on YouTube. He won his first tournament by fucken getting everyone, I wasn’t even invited to enter because I’m shite.

I’ve rolled with blues and purples, but I don’t think I recall anyone as dedicated to it as him, we where white belts, but only our instructor could get him. And that was good to watch. He’s about 155 and purple but a fantastic instructor.

Never rolled with a black or brown belt off the top of my head. There would be no point for them.

I would have to whipped my dick out and pissed in his fucking face to let him know how disgraceful he behaved. Shame on him. Shame on them for not standing up to his tyrannical cowardice.

1 Like

Gotta stick up for my instructors here. They were fine. We all knew the score and didn’t need to bop the guy on the head with it.

I watched a dudes face crumple once at a tournament because he wouldn’t tap to a face squeeze. I got the guy who did to you show me how he did it. He showed me two ways he does it. Squeezing the cheek(s), nose and other finer bones and/or trying to twist and tear their jaw from their face.

Aoki does it.

I’ve got guys with those same principles pretty consistently since. I’m not even that buff or anything.

It’s maybe a little bit jerky to do, but I’m kind of a jerk so it’s cool with me.

1 Like

A face crush is a dick move rolling, jaw pressure is fine if they refuse to give up their neck but you should squeeze gradually and with discretion with a respectful rolling partner. Competition it’s all good. Rip their fucking head off.

3 Likes

I’ll rip off your neck.

Gene Lebell does some very mean face locks

Edit: what I was thinking of

Nizope

I didn’t mean YOU, and I said it purely because I thought it sounded funny.

Around here I’m not sure if this is genuine or not, but I’m not sensing any sarcasm so apology accepted but hey, this is the Underground and even if you’re who I think you are there’s no need to apologize, it’s all good.

Of the contentious back and forths I’ve had in this place, this one doesn’t even make the cut for a top 20 ranking and I’ve only been here a month.

2 Likes