"It wasn't a choke, it was on the jaw."

I just want to make sure my technique is clean. Ive hit a D’arce several times for a tap and had my partner tell me it was a crank. I didnt take it as them trying to delegitimize my tap, I took it as I needed to clean up my technique so I even apologized.

It all depends on how you think the other person meant it. Was it legitimate feedback? Then take it as such and move on. Was the guy being a pussy? Then take it as such and move on. Dont get bent out of shape because a guy is being a pussy, youre going to run into pussies all the time, just dont be a dick.

I had a guy that I rolled with that would always bitch if I didnt do a tournament legal submission. I would hit calf slicers and he would be like, “thats illegal” to which I would reply “not in the streets son…”

1 Like

I made it a mission to repeatedly wrist lock everyone in our academy. I was called a dick more than once but I dont care. They called me a dick because I did a “dirty” move, not because I hurt them so I don’t care if they don’t approve of the technique. It ended up turning into a joke because I would wrist lock everyone I was capable of wrist locking instead of doing a more available submission. If I had an armbar almost complete, I woukd wristlock them instead. Good times. I miss rolling.

2 Likes

He was speaking from a position of wounded ego but it wasn’t a big deal. I like the guy. Only trained with him a couple times so I don’t know him well but I like the dude. It’s not a big issue. Thought I’d see what the OG thought about it.

face choke the fuker

Tucking chin is shit for defence

same woth clasped hand choke…you tuck to that and that os on you

I’m not who ever you think I am but cheers I was just a little grumpy this morning

No, but you should be cool to training partners unles they’re asking for it.

1 Like

You’re not the guy who own this site?

No it’s his dad

2 Likes

Lol

Neck cranks don’t count, taps to jaw pressure not neck pressure

“If you dont want me to choke your face then keep your face out of my choke.”

1 Like

If it looks like a choke it’s a choke.

I’ve had my jaw dislocated from someone applying jaw pressure. You don’t expect it until…pop!

Luckily it popped right back in place

1 Like

Got it. Look up and stick your neck out while defending. Smart.

I tapped to a leg squeeze once. Fucking guy is 6’7 265 and huge legs, squatted like 600. I’m in his guard on my knees on a tile kitchen floor. My buddy who is a good 250lbs comes up and jumps on my back as the other dickhead gives me everything he’s got. Every single bone in my back cracked in about 2 seconds and I basically went limp until my asshole friend got off of me.

2 Likes

lol

Then don’t cry when you tap to jaw pressure.

Ya ive probably been closer to disaster than i thought

5 Likes

I don’t have to worry about that. Because now I’m not going to tuck my chin anymore. Because that’s not how to defend a choke. I’m looking up to the sky like I’m trying to find a constellation, because I’m about to see stars from NOT TUCKING MY CHIN!