It's too late to be suddenly scandalized

Jack Carter -
TheGrandConjuration -
xfbdmf -
TheGrandConjuration -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

Disagree with pretty much the entire article, especially the last sentence and the comparison to Conor jumping the cage to get in Aldo’s face.

Khabib looked WAY worse than the UFC after the fight. 

And Khabib exiting the cage and criminally attacking people not involved in the fight is, at best, a silly comparison to Conor’s Aldo moment. 

Khabib should be stripped and fired. Sucks too, I would have loved to see if he could have put his trademark mauling on Ferguson. We may never find out...

what about the fact connor tried to jump out of the cage and threw the first sucker punch to a guy that wasnt even looking at him? Should that be punished??

Khabib had already jumped into the crowd and attacked Dillon at that point.. it looked like Khabibs corner man was going to join the fracas when Conor swung at him on the cage.

ok so because khabib already did it it makes it ok for connor to? So he is in the right for doing the exact same thing because a guy did it first? And yes it did look like he was going to join, does that excuse a sucker to the face of someone not looking? Great logic.

It wasn’t a sucker punch. The guy jumped into the cage and was rushing to Connor. Self-defense. 

you must have not seen the footage, the guy was trying to get to khabib. He was def still in the wrong but wasnt even looking at connor when he recieved the sucker.

Throwin'Knuckles -
yomamafool -
Jack Carter - 
TheGrandConjuration -
xfbdmf -
TheGrandConjuration -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

Disagree with pretty much the entire article, especially the last sentence and the comparison to Conor jumping the cage to get in Aldo’s face.

And Khabib exiting the cage and criminally attacking people not involved in the fight is, at best, a silly comparison to Conor’s Aldo moment. 

Khabib should be stripped and fired. Sucks too, I would have loved to see if he could have put his trademark mauling on Ferguson. We may never find out...

what about the fact connor tried to jump out of the cage and threw the first sucker punch to a guy that wasnt even looking at him? Should that be punished??

Khabib had already jumped into the crowd and attacked Dillon at that point.. it looked like Khabibs corner man was going to join the fracas when Conor swung at him on the cage.

ok so because khabib already did it it makes it ok for connor to? So he is in the right for doing the exact same thing because a guy did it first? And yes it did look like he was going to join, does that excuse a sucker to the face of someone not looking? Great logic.

It wasn’t a sucker punch. The guy jumped into the cage and was rushing to Connor. Self-defense. 

watch the video again. conor sucker punched dude that was climbing OUT of the cage

Yeah the same guy that was jumping the fence to help Khabib in the other guy continue jumping Dylan I don’t see what you guys don’t get it. Khabib and the other guy were already brawling with Connor’s team outside the cage.

Yea we know he was, doesnt change the fact it was a sucker punch. Also doesnt change the fact connor tried to jump out of the cage too. 

So everyone agrees with the op except Conor nut garglers 

Stipe -
JessDogg - 
Stipe - The guy in full on berserk mode attacking your teammate?

What are you supposed to do other than punch him in the split second you might have a chance? Challenge him to a duel first?

It is the fault of the guy charging if he gets punched from an angle he did not spot.

There’s many ways to debate this, care to be more specific?

I am unsure what about.

I think that if someone is in full berserk mode charging at your buddies, then the fight is on, and you’re justified in punching them. Whether they see you or not is their problem.

They’re the attackers. They need to be neutralized.

So I do not see how I’d fault Conor in swinging at those guys at such a particular moment. He did the right thing.

so from that same logic it was ok for khabibs cornermen to jump connor after since he suckered one of their guys right? Lol common man after all the shit connor did pre fight, bus, all his other offences and all the fouls he tried to pull during the fight and you still think he is in the right. I really think you are blinded by your love for this man. Atleast everyone knows jon jones is a piece of shit, yet mcgregor is just doing what is right? 

“That same logic” seems quite common - if you or your buddies are being jumped, of course you’ll be fighting. The guys that jumped you are the aggressors.

From that same logic it was definitely not OK for Khabib’s cornermen to jump conor. That is just a continuation (on their part) of bad choices which started the whole thing.

At that point Conor is not attacking anyone and is not a part of the fight. Moreover, the scuffle, which they’d started, has mostly settled.

So them jumping over just again starts the whole thing over. In a very ugly way.

Stipe - "That same logic" seems quite common - if you or your buddies are being jumped, of course you'll be fighting. The guys that jumped you are the aggressors.

From that same logic it was definitely not OK for Khabib’s cornermen to jump conor. That is just a continuation (on their part) of bad choices which started the whole thing.

At that point Conor is not attacking anyone and is not a part of the fight. Moreover, the scuffle, which they’d started, has mostly settled.

So them jumping over just again starts the whole thing over. In a very ugly way.

I agree they are in the wrong. Very much so. What I find hilarious is how you think connor was in the right for "defending" himself.... 2 seconds before he sucker punched him he tried to jump the cage to join the brawl.. the punch definitely wasnt self defense

logic672 - 

You would have to go through serious amounts of mental gymnastics to not agree 100 percent with this. 

Easy. Get rid of the unbeatable guy, thereby preserving McGregor as a draw.

TheGrandConjuration -
Stipe - "That same logic" seems quite common - if you or your buddies are being jumped, of course you'll be fighting. The guys that jumped you are the aggressors.

I agree they are in the wrong. Very much so. What I find hilarious is how you think connor was in the right for "defending" himself.... 2 seconds before he sucker punched him he tried to jump the cage to join the brawl.. the punch definitely wasnt self defense

Conman fans are just that dumb!!!

Conor pushed buttons that will result in guys like Khabib retaliating as soon as he felt he could without cancelling the fight (when the fight was over). Khabib’s cornermen were idiots for jumping in the cage and sucker-punching Conor.

It’s part of what happens when you promote the mayhem. More mayhem happens.

I largely agree with the OP post. It’s not the deplorable scandal it’s been made out to be. We’ve seen this kind of thing down the line in MMA and often cheered it.

This is one of my favourite memories of MMA:

Buy the ticket, take the ride, as Hunter S. Thompson used to say. Connor understands this, and his complicity in the escalations, clearly, and will just want to focus on making the rematch go to his advantage.

Let’s get on with it.

• “Khabib’s cornermen” – not sure if they were cornermen, but you get my meaning

The article had good point but seemed bitchy and catty to me. 

Throwin'Knuckles -
TheGrandConjuration -
Throwin'Knuckles -
yomamafool -
Jack Carter - 
TheGrandConjuration -
xfbdmf -
TheGrandConjuration -
ChristopherMoltisanti -

watch the video again. conor sucker punched dude that was climbing OUT of the cage

Yeah the same guy that was jumping the fence to help Khabib in the other guy continue jumping Dylan I don’t see what you guys don’t get it. Khabib and the other guy were already brawling with Connor’s team outside the cage.

Yea we know he was, doesnt change the fact it was a sucker punch. Also doesnt change the fact connor tried to jump out of the cage too. 

Doesn’t change the fact that if Khabib would’ve stayed in the cage none of this would have taken place.

I agree, but that still doesnt excuse connors actions for trying to do the exact same thing andd adding a sucker punch on top of that.

Throwin'Knuckles -
BubblesNS -

The article had good point but seemed bitchy and catty to me. 

Come on we’re talking about Elias Cepeda. Don’t tell me you really actually read the fucking article.

Lol. Skimmed it. But even the skim was bitchy

oranos - 
Chris -

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

The whole thing started when one of Khabib's team members in a blue jacket was walking up to the octagon and shoved Dillon Danis aside. Danis was like WTF? Right after Khabib sees Danis turn his attention on his teammate, he bolts and flies over the cage.

@0:11

LOL, looked like he barely grazed his shoulder. Danis has a history of being an agitator and was simply doing what he does best.

Never too late for WFA.

TheGrandConjuration - 

He was defending his buddies, yes.

And that is very much in the right.

Imagine yourself in a bar, a night out, and you see several crazies jumping your buddies.

Throwing a punch at any one of them is 100% the right thing to do at that moment, there is no real good alternative. And you’re under no obligation to come up with an idea on how to announce your intentions. And Chael is correct in saying the fight is already on, you do not have to play dumb and wait for their first actual punch if the fight is imminent.

Then imagine it all quiten down. You’re doing nothing, most of everyone is separated.

Then one of those crazies jumps and tries to sucker punch you.

That’s just another assault.

And that is exactly what happened. And you are not to blame for anything in that turn of events.

It was Fucken brawl, punches will be thrown and mistakes will be made. Let it go

Not sure if this ‘article’ is worse than the other article from op on Conor, the Aldo comparison is ridiculous, Conor screamed and made faces whilst Aldo laughed. Every thing from op is so poor it’s laughable, at least this time there’s enough Conor haters to at least lend some support to the cause.

ChristopherMoltisanti -
Chris -

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

Thank you for injecting some logic into this conversation.

The people here are acting like if you’re calling for Khabib’s punishment (rightfully so, imo) that you’re a Conor fanboy who’s bitter about the fight.

Khabib put on an extraordinary performance, then did the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. It was criminal, literally. Action should be taken against him.

Oh my god you’re the biggest puss..

ronda hype took 2 losses, tappy mcquitter is on his 3rd. so, who knows.