Izzy getting a title shot is a fucking joke

It’s sounding like this is going to happen and I think it’s an absolute farce. How do you get dominated by a guy to lose your belt, then sit out while the guy who beat you loses a razor close decision and end up with another title shot? Izzy’s lost 2 of his last 3 fights.

I don’t care if you don’t like Strickland, it could easily be argued he won that fight, and even if he didn’t, it was a hell of a lot closer than his fight with Izzy was. This is easily one of the most underserved title shots of all time if it happens, and it’s crazy to me that there isn’t more backlash.

11 Likes

Who cares. Whole division is a joke.

2 Likes

Maybe you should wait for official announcements before you make a thread complaining about it

5 Likes

UFC pushing that LGBT tranny narrative

2 Likes

Does Izzy have many fans? I don’t get the love he gets

1 Like

Izzy will beat DP and win any rematch

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

1 Like

If dricus beat izzy tho…

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

2 Likes

Should be DDP Strickland rematch. Izzy doesn’t deserve anything right now

5 Likes

This fight has hype. The whole African angle is a marketing wet dream.

4 Likes

8 Likes

This. If they do it, it will be because they need a main event for 305 in Australia.

I agree it is not necessarily right for the division but it is a big fight for the fans

3 Likes

I’d prefer to see Strickland get the title shot but they might be holding him back for the next shot or a rematch with Cannonier.

Division has some good fights coming up…
this title fight
Nickal fight
Chimaev vs Whittaker
Allen vs Curtis
Dolidze vs Hernandez
Craig vs Borralho
Perreira vs Muradov

Looking forward to what is next for Ferreira, Vieira, Aliskerov, Costa and Kopylov as well.

2 Likes

As Demetrious Johnson said, MMA is a popularity contest now.

2 Likes

It’s a business*

Yup, these are the fighters not matched up yet in the MW top 5

RACIALLY SUPERIOR NIGERIAN SUPERMEN!

4 Likes