Jake Paul, former UFC champion Tyron Woodley agree to boxing match: Sources

Come on mma fans you really can’t be rooting for Paul can you?

1 Like

I am the president of the Jake Paul top team…

2 Likes

Self appointed

Present day Woodley uses terms like “clout chaser” and “culture vulture”. Imagine the Woodley from Strikeforce saying dumb shit like that. Guess it’s time for mma fans to gather around Jake Paul.

1 Like

wtf GIF

7 Likes

Disney kid about to add x ufc champ to his resume

2 Likes

Woodley is the guy who blamed racism for him not being popular like GSP and then only answered Black Lives Matter for every question from mma press when he got his shit pushed in by Colby.

It would be hilarious and pathetic if he lost to Paul.

5 Likes

I definitely feel where you guys are coming from with Woodley but when that moment happened during triller and the coach was talking all that shit to Woodley I picked my side.

Lol

You think Woodley is going to land? He hasn’t even thrown that punch since about 2016.

Hopefully he doesn’t freeze up like usual waiting on the perfect chance that may never come.

2 Likes

Are you 12?

There aren’t sides. This isn’t MMA vs the world. Nobody has to blindly love everyone that does MMA because they’ll lose their MMA fan card if they don’t.

4 Likes

Jake wins. T-wood has been scared to throw a punch since usman.

Weird assumptions but why are you rooting for Paul? I feel it is a real fighter vs YouTuber thing going on. Guys train there whole life for a small amount of money and these guys come in making a ton. It’s changing the sport

I’m not rooting for Paul per se but I don’t particularly like Woodley as a person.

People always make arguments like this and I’ve always found them silly if not outright dumb.

Stuff like “oh, you’re not watching these local amateur level guys fight? You’re not a real
MMA fan!”

“You found a boring fight boring? You’re not a real fan!”

“You’re not cheering for an MMA guy somewhere else? I thought you were an MMA fan!”

You only made a small comment, not a huge deal, but it comes from somewhere silly.

If people like Jake Paul so be it. The Paul brothers and Woodley all seem unlikable. But I’m not going to cheer for a guy simply because he’s fighting in a different forum. He doesn’t represent MMA, he’s not the torch bearer of MMA, and the life and pride of a sport I’ve followed for decades is not on the line by any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly don’t give a shit that a bunch of people who already don’t watch MMA will suddenly try shitting on MMA if a YouTuber beats an ex-UFC fighter.

8 Likes

This would be devastating for the ufc if woodley loses.

Pay your fighters!

Please, please let a double KO happen!

4 Likes

This is what I’m afraid of. Woodley is definitely a more capable striker than Askren, but if he hesitates it can be an embarrassing night for him too.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters if he’s hesitant & shells up against the ropes or not. Woodley is just not a boxer. He has heavy hands, but he only sets those up because of the threat of the takedown. He waits until his opponent overcommits & rushes in with a couple counters. Paul actually has decent footwork & defense. I doubt Woodley has much boxing footwork & it’s going to show. He’ll be swinging inefficiently & start getting tagged up.

But hopefully we get to see this thing play out. I’ll be interested.

2 Likes

I can see Jake winning as well… Woodley has good hands but he isn’t a boxer and tends to be very hesitant to be aggressive due to fear of gassing. I can see a good round or so but Woodley gassing and Paul taking over

1 Like

Yes…l will be hoping Tyron knocks him the fuck out. But 40yr old Tyron gives me no confidence. He 2ill be in better condition than Ben tho.

Any true MMA fan who isn’t rooting for Woodley should go take a bath in dirty razor blades.

1 Like