Jake Paul Set To Face Hasim Rahman Jr

To be clear Im not defending or tearing apart anyones business strategy Im just calling out Jake for being a hypocrite. He is right that in reality UFC and MMA pay sucks but I find it funny when he uses their rationale to defend himself. He puts on his promoters hat and shit changes quickly.

If you read thay Jake Paul quote again it is something that Dana White would say including the F bombs. These 2 should drop the facade and admit their buddies especially since Jakes partner is the former UFC cfo.

1 Like

Who the fuck orders ppv these days? His fights go viral but his fan base just checks the clips on Instagram or tiktok.

1 Like

Fight a guy thatā€™s 22-0ā€¦ That makes zero sense for Paul.

Look at this quote, its something Dana would say and the fans would be in an uproar including Jake. You can even troll people by replacing Jakes name in it and insert Dana. The dummies on this site would bite so hard.

ā€œI think his team is, and we donā€™t give a f***,ā€ Paul said. ā€œIā€™m not paying the guy more. Iā€™m tired of these guys trying to overprice themselves. Weā€™re paying him 10 times more than heā€™s ever made, and now heā€™s trying to ask for 30 times more than what heā€™s ever made, all of a sudden, but thereā€™s a signed contract already. He already signed on the dotted line, and now heā€™s trying to go back and be like, ā€˜Well, Iā€™m not going to fight.ā€™

1 Like

Theres obviously a realistic limit to what people can get paid. I cant find where I read it but I think Rahman is getting around 300k for the fight, if he wants triple that Im guessing hes asking for a million.

Compare these numbers to an unknown mma fighters first fight in the UFC. Hows Jake talking out of both sides of his mouth with this? Of course hes going to tell an opponent to fuck off if theyā€™re asking for a ridiculous amount.

True or false, Jake has been overpaying people on MVP cards more than they could get elsewhere? I donā€™t know the answer but Im guessing its true. Just like his opponents have been getting their biggest payday when fighting him. Woodley was a defending champion and on the p4p list in mmaā€¦ yet he makes more in his first boxing match run by MVP promotions? Did the same happen with Askren?

2 Likes

I buy all the ufcs unless headlined by wmma

Would not pay for paul

1 Like

I have never seen him fight, didnā€™t even know his son boxed, just that he was better than Hasim Jr but by how much I donā€™t know, never seen either box. Just figured if he wants Hasim due to his dads name then why not Morrison then.

I am assuming Morrison kid is actually good?

1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy to me at $50+ a show. I donā€™t know how they justify that price tag.

1 Like

Yeah I thought they changed it to $75 or $79.99 not too long ago. Need to be one hell of a stacked PPV to even think about that price, which most are watered down.

And they complain about illegal streams,

You keep talking about the ā€œnumbersā€ referring to total purse but ignore the ā€œmultiplesā€ everyone else is talking about. I already laid out how he is talking about both sides of his mouth. It isnā€™t the UFCā€™s fault these guys are making sub $5K on the regional scene while boxers are making more. The UFC shouldnā€™t have to give a guy making $3,500 an increase to $300K just to go back and forth with Paul. That is how you go out of business. What they are doing though is still paying these guys a minimum of 4x what they previously made and upwards of 14x depending on a win and bonus. Do I think that is good money? No, but it doesnā€™t change the fact that it is the same business model that Jake is currently using.

What you seem to be insinuating is that the UFC pay these guys a multiple of hundreds of what they got just to be clear to the total of what Jake Paul pays ignoring that regional mma scene pays a pittance.

I am sure Jake is overpaying these people that still has nothing to do with him criticizing the UFC who is also overpaying many of their entry level fighters. The issue is that us fans think the pay is shit but it still doesnā€™t change that many of these unknown fighters were making nothing before entering the UFC. I already spelled it out for you that there are guys making $2K trying to enter the UFC where they can potentially make up to $12-14x that amount with 1 win. Did I say $2K is good money? No, I have clearly stated it is shit money. Did I say $30K for a fight is good money? No, it is clearly shit but in the context of the mma landscape it is good money.

Jake has no reason to overpay anyone and I agree with him. However, neither does the UFC and that is what Jake is to stubborn, dumb, and or trolling to agree on. The guy sounds like Dana White now with that quote.

I agree there is a realistic limit to what people are going to get paid. The issue is that the entry level UFC contracts are realistic to what these unknown fighters are getting paid based on what they were already making before going to the UFC. I already provided an example in Christian Aguilera.

Again, I am not disagreeing with Jakeā€™s pay strategy and I am not disagreeing with the UFCā€™s pay strategy because both of their pay floors are still multiple times higher than what these fighters make on the regionals. All I am saying is that Jake is using the UFC model of justifying his pay based on what these guys previously made.

You bring up Tyron Woodley making more than in the UFC which is correct but without his UFC run Jake wouldnā€™t have paid him that much and the proof is by looking at how much he paid Rahman. Rahman is more than likely being paid less than all of Jakeā€™s former opponents yet still getting the largest purse of his career. Why is that? Because he is less famous than the other guys Jake has fought. All of this is the same rationale that the UFC uses in justifying their pay scale.

To put it in layman terms if Rahman was making $3K on his last fight Jake wouldā€™ve probably paid him $30k to fight him as well because he knows paying him $300K wouldā€™ve been a bloodbath on his financials. He saw what he previously made, reviewed his B/E, OPEX etc and realized that the most he could do was $300K which is still generous compared to what Rahman previously made. This is no different than UFC/Zuffa except that mma regional pays less than being an uber driver.

Iā€™m sure Rahman is gonna be nice and drained by the time the fight starts. What weight is this fight at?

1 Like

Apparently itā€™s at Cruiserweight, and heā€™s only allowed to rehydrate to 215.

This thread just goes to show Jake Paul is one of the biggest names in combat sports

I think the PPV model has been totally outdated for years and an all inclusive subscription is needed asap

That said I love ufc and mma and I donā€™t like risking missing big moments due to a dodgy stream. I also see it as my contribution to the ufc overall but I know Iā€™m in the minority

1 Like

Too much current and future money on the line. Have a feeling itā€™s been arranged

1 Like

I think that he posted that originally like around the first Woodley fight.

Itā€™s a blatant conflict of interest to have a fighter promoting his own bouts.
Danny Green did that in Perth with his green machine promotion.
That was all fine and dandy until he brought in a past 40 years old Antonio Tarver who smacked the fuck out of him lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, im surprised no one has mentioned this.

1 Like

I think it speaks to the lack of promotion by UFC and ESPN.