Jake Paul versus Tyron Woodley the first booking in Paul/Showtime Boxing pact

Paul has stepped into a boxing ring in front of crowds and won boxing matches multiple times.

He’s certainly not a high-level boxer, but he’s a boxer whether you like it or not. And good enough to beat MMA fighters who aren’t boxers, either.

Fuck not til end of summer, that sucks.

Woodley has been striking and sparring a lot longer than Jake Paul. He is still in his 30’s I believe and has legitimate KO power.

Jake has fought a semi retarded YouTuber, a basketball player, and the worst striker in MMA history.

Jake looks really good for the short amount of time he’s been boxing I’ll give him that. And it seems he has legit power.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We haven’t even seen him take a punch yet. I think this is a great matchup.

1 Like

There’s thousands of 3-0 boxers across the world who’ve all faced other actual boxers rather than YouTubers, NBA Players & retired Wrestlers. Every one of them is more legit than Jake Paul is right now.

That doesn’t change much if he beats Woodley either, but it would at least show Paul deserves a shot against another 4-0 rookie boxer. Which of course, will never happen

Heard this advertised on the radio today, such a BS matchup

Why is it BS?

Because Tyron is at the end of his career and I don’t think his MMA striking translates to boxing success. I can see a situation where Paul wins. Paul should box a boxer

“Striking”. His footwork & defense are not up to par even for a guy like Paul. It’s obvious even in the pad work that was posted above. His feet are going to get out of position often & he’ll be off balance trying to land. He can’t just go straight back on defense & be effective. He can get away with all of that in MMA where a boxer could not get away with boxing footwork & stance in MMA. Legs would get eaten up like Conor’s did.

Tyron is still in his 30’s and only lost to the very best.

He is a 5 time UFC champion known for his punching power and has been sparring for many, many years. His own manager said: “He’s boxed his whole life. Training in boxing his whole life. There was a time when Tyron was in L.A. training with Freddie Roach so it’s not like you’re talking about somebody that doesn’t know how to box.”

Jake Paul has been training only 2 years with absolutely zero amateur background or fights and only has 3 fights on his record. Most boxers have many amateur bouts against cans and are not doing anything of note after just two years of training.

He has only fought a semi-retarded YouTuber, a basketball player, and the worst striker in MMA history.

And you are acting like this is some unfair “BS” matchup? WTF???

Not only that, people only want to see fight a boxer so he gets KO’d! What fun is there in that? This is much more fun havin this youtuber kid fight other guys who can fight but not boxers. He even said it himself. Jake vs MMA fighters, youtubers, and other stars/athletes is the perfect recipe for entertaining build ups and fights. He fights boxers and gets KO’d, yea boy that was a whole lotta fun.

1 Like

These MMA fighters are not beating Jake.

Well, they all think they can, so lets see it.

Woodley gonna get the Nate Marquardt treatment from Paul

I think Jake Paul’s selection is perfect. At his money level, you have to have a big name involved. But he only has 3 fights so you can’t pair him up with a big name boxer.

Pairing him up with bigger name MMA guys is perfect. In training Tyron has done more boxing and sparring than Jake Paul has at this point.

That being said, for the amount of time Jake has boxed he looks good. But I think we are jumping the gun a bit here. I think Woodley is going to be much more competitive than some of you are giving him credit for. Can Jake take a punch? We don’t know because he’s never been hit.

Jake hasn’t been boxing that long, but he is working his ass off and seems very dedicated. Also has natural talent and power. It’s a fun fight, should be entertaining.

Just read Mayweather is gonna be giving up around 40 lbs. how is that allowed?

Yes its an exhibition. Also that’s logan Paul not jake just in case you didn’t realize.

Just read Paul gets an immediate rematch if he loses which makes me believe the fix isn’t in

Yes I realized it’s the other brother. It’s funny how they will call it an exhibition but unless some fuckery is going on they will still be trying to knock each other out

We get it. You dislike Paul, just as I do.

He’s still a boxer.

I don’t think this fight would be fixed, but regardless, that clause means nothing in regards to a fix.