Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Targeted as Professional Fight, Not Exhibition

I would look to see if the ticket sales are trending.

Maybe they postpone the fight a month to increase ticket sales.

Ticket sales were down, its on Netflix so get a month free trial and you can watch

Hope it’s true. The Rampage fight getting cancelled and now this one too is good news.

1 Like

Isn’t Fury vs Usyk today?

1 Like

Always been a huge fan of Holyfield. Some great memories over the years and hate that his last fight was Vítor

1 Like

Paul, 27, and Tyson, 57, engage in an exhibition boxing match at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on July 20. The bout will be streamed globally by Netflix, but not come with a PPV price tag.

on Fox News with Sean Hannity April 2, Tyson said the fight would be an exhibition

This week Tyson and Paul responded to speculation the fight is rigged. But several notable figures in the world of boxing have suggested the bout is a sanctioned pro fight in name only.

"Purely an exhibition!‘’ George Foreman told USA TODAY Sports by text message. "Great for each man. Tyson can’t get hurt and Paul can have a good night as well.‘’

Winky Wright, a former two-time middleweight world champion, scoffed at the idea the fight will rise to the level of a sanctioned pro bout.

“This is not a real fight,’’ Wright told USA TODAY Sports. "They’re going to go out there and throw some good punches and try to hit each other. But at the end of the day, remember, it’s Mike Tyson (at 58 on the day of the fight)… I hope they have fun. I hope nobody gets hurt. And it is what it is.’’

Buddy McGirt, a former world champion, said of the of the fight being sanctioned as a pro bout, "You can believe that (expletive) if you want. I still don’t believe it’s a real fight.‘’

1 Like

It COULD be just a glorified hard sparring session… but why assume that? They both could want a real boxing bout. And that’s what they signed for. We’ll see then, but I hope it’s full on. I think both want that anyway.

How Jake vs James Toney would go?

Now? Easy fight for Jake. Shane on anyone who signs an approval for James to fight. He’s a cognitively impaired person.

1 Like

Anyone got side by side images of Paul’s weight gain/timeframe? Curious to see a before/after

The video I linked above shows one after the other.

j/k.

IDK - are matches like these drug tested?

Somebody should get Mike coked up if not.

1 Like