Jake Shields' Diet

Tom Lawlor - ..

i make my own smoothies at home with my magic bullett for the most part.

the ninja > magic bullet if we're talking infomercial kitchen blender doohickeys, but knowing you you're probably using a different magic bullet and making a different type of smoothie...

solidsnake - Let me know how it goes for you and same here, I can't eat raw vegetables of any kind whole. Ever try eating a whole grapefruit? It's bullshit and you look like an idiot with stuff on you / all over the place.

I just make 2 of each shake and have them in the fridge for the next 2 days. Then just slam the fruit one in the morning and the vegetable one later in the day. It kind of make you want to eat healthier in between shakes too.

Leghound, Cleaning is kind of a pain in the ass. After making 4 servings like I explained above, it separates into 3 parts where you have to wash all of the seeds out. It comes out pretty quickly after running the sink and just using your fingers.

I recommend it for people who have a hard time eating raw fruits and vegetables. It takes me about 40 minutes to cut all the items, juice them, then clean. Still not bad considering it lasts me 2 days and 4 meals.

I was raised by health-freak parents, so I've juiced just about everything imaginable in my life.

The hardcore juicers will say the enzymes die fairly quickly, so storing the juice for later drinking wouldn't be recommended by them (but they're weirdos anyway).

If you are doing it in place of meals, that should work out pretty well. But some people juice as a beverage to go with their meals, not factoring in how many calories and how much sugar there is in fruit and carrot juice.

But, for most people, juicing is highly recommended. I come from a line of diabetics, so I avoid it due to the surge and crash I get from it.

solidsnake - TTT for Shields and answers!

As cheesy as it sounds, I bought one of those Jack LaLanne Juicers and have been "juicing' for a month.

You drink 2 servings a day and throw in a sweet potato and some almonds and walnuts in during the day to keep your metabolism up. I still eat meat, so a piece of fish or chicken for protein.

Juice serving 1:

1 whole grapefruit
1 whole apple
1 whole orange or banana
1/2 pomegranate

Juice serving 2:

2 carrot sticks
1 big celery stick
1 whole tomato
broccoli or spinach

I've been able to buy about a week's worth of juicing items for around $26 per week.

The goal is to get 4 fruits and vegetables in you each day.

This will make you feel like a spring chicken for sure minus all of the salt, sugar and other additives you get from processed junk.

(does 13 consecutive back flips into a cartwheel while writing this post)

Interesting. I've never juiced. What's the taste like?

commie!

shields said this was the first fight he used supplements, he gained about 4-5 pounds of muscle from it.

shields said this was the first fight he used supplements, he gained about 4-5 pounds of muscle from it.

solidsnake - TTT for Shields and answers!

As cheesy as it sounds, I bought one of those Jack LaLanne Juicers and have been "juicing' for a month.

You drink 2 servings a day and throw in a sweet potato and some almonds and walnuts in during the day to keep your metabolism up. I still eat meat, so a piece of fish or chicken for protein.

Juice serving 1:

1 whole grapefruit
1 whole apple
1 whole orange or banana
1/2 pomegranate

Juice serving 2:

2 carrot sticks
1 big celery stick
1 whole tomato
broccoli or spinach

I've been able to buy about a week's worth of juicing items for around $26 per week.

The goal is to get 4 fruits and vegetables in you each day.

This will make you feel like a spring chicken for sure minus all of the salt, sugar and other additives you get from processed junk.

(does 13 consecutive back flips into a cartwheel while writing this post)

Might sound like a silly question but what do you store them in?

What do all you guys use to store pre-made juices/smoothies?

Vegan for Danzig

ttt for shields and vegetarians!

HAMMER - I played H20 Polo in college and I'm a lifelong athlete...Been a veggie since High School (no meat, fish, chicken, etc.).

Dude you have the body of a 12yr old vegetarian..Shields dont look like that my freng. lol

GenericAmerican - The hardcore juicers will say the enzymes die fairly quickly, so storing the juice for later drinking wouldn't be recommended by them (but they're weirdos anyway).

Sorry bro, 'hardcore juicers' made me lol. I know what you mean (been there myself) but never thought of using the words hardcore and juicer in the same sentence. :)

Thanks for the info GenericAmerican. I happen to know a sports agent who's also a hardcore juicer. He always busts out into crazy talk about juicing and the fountain of youth our something like that.

I actually had that magic bullet thing for a while, so I use those plastic cups with the screw on tight seal tops that came with it. I bet you can buy something like that at target.

Whatever you mix tastes pretty good as long as it's super cold. Left one out for a while and it tasted pretty flat. I'm still researching which combinations taste the best and consider myself the Barry Horowitz of juicing. Great initial effort, but can never seem to pull off the win. (see file photo below)

ttt

And also.....a quick little question......

Who is the most ripped fighter to have evr stepped up on a UFC scale (for weigh in) and I'm talking mostly "abs"....IMO I think the answer is Rob McDonald at UFC 58 Maybe a bluenamer could help us out with a picture.

And I also hear that GSPs diet is a closely guarded secret.

Not even his training partners know very much about it.

skooter - And also.....a quick little question......

Who is the most ripped fighter to have evr stepped up on a UFC scale (for weigh in) and I'm talking mostly "abs"....IMO I think the answer is Rob McDonald at UFC 58 Maybe a bluenamer could help us out with a picture.

GSP eats Mickey D's

jmmz - 
skooter - And also.....a quick little question......

GSP eats Mickey D's

i heard he eats lots of d's not just mikeys

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt