jake shields was very exciting

LiftStrong - 
goku - the fight wasnt really exciting but it definitely was not lay n pray or stand n stare

I thought the same thing. You cant really say it was an exciting ground fight. Even though there were a lot of transitions, there was only 1 submission attempt in the 20 or so minutes on the ground. For a fight to be an exciting ground fight, I like to see more attempts to finish the fight than that.

exciting ground game is more than just submission attempts.

newbyfan -  If that was exciting than you are weird. And I say weird because the other words are too offensive.
You're screen name says it all really. When you watch the sport more, and maybe even get involved in training (I know not all fans train) you will learn to appreciate grappling more.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
FranklinFailedMe - 
newbyfan -  If that was exciting than you are weird. And I say weird because the other words are too offensive.
You're screen name says it all really. When you watch the sport more, and maybe even get involved in training (I know not all fans train) you will learn to appreciate grappling more.

This is dumb.  I've been watching the sport for most of this decade.  It didn't make Shields-Miller any more exciting.  So now I need to go roll around half-naked with another dude to appreciate grappling more?

Yep.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
FranklinFailedMe - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
FranklinFailedMe - 

This is dumb.  I've been watching the sport for most of this decade.  It didn't make Shields-Miller any more exciting.  So now I need to go roll around half-naked with another dude to appreciate grappling more?

Yep.

Sorry, no go.  I have no desire to be a pro fighter, and grappling is not my idea of fun or excercise.  I guess I'll just be bored the next time a fight like that comes on.
Might I suggest a switch to a lesser complex sport, easier for you to appreciate like kickboxing?

if u dont like grappling or the ground game maybe you should watch something else

Exactly. I mean how ignorant do you have to be to complain about grappling when it makes up half of the sport.

I'm sure he complains about all the kicking going on in kickboxing too.

Herring In A Fur Coat - This is not to say I don't appreciate grappling at all.  I appreciate grappling in MMA when it leads to submission attempts or ground & pound.  Pure positional grappling is not in the least bit exciting.

On the face of it, that makes no sense. That's like saying you appreciate the KOs in Boxing, but don't like all the positioning that led up to it. If you don't recall any submission attempts or G&P, I'd suggest watching the fight for the first time and then comment. No offense, but that comment leads me to believe you didn't see the fight and are either trolling, or have an awful memory.

Fair enough.