James Vick retires

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzs9EnBOEQ/?igshid=st9a5eueon1

Glad he is retiring. Never liked him as a fighter or person because of the shit he talked. He lost the passion once he started getting his ass handed to him. Glad he realized he is not going to make it as a fighter and decided family first. When I pull up at the drive thru will be sure to give him a $5 Spot.  

6 Likes

Anyone have a link to his latest fight?? 

https://youtu.be/yWBtTLgcrw8

1 Like

His heel turn lost him a lot of support. Pretty sure it was a pick em when he fought Justin. He fell quickly but so much respect for getting in there. The Niko price up kick should have been the last shot he took. 

He is on my list of maybe 3 fighters that I actually enjoyed watching lose. I normally get bummed watching someone get KOed but vick was somehow able to talk that feeling out of me. I couldn't stand anything about him. 

Somehow Paul Felder couldn’t finish him.

Paul hasn’t finished a fight since Charles 3+ years ago, who is now on an 8 fight win streak.

Finish a damn fight Paul.

1 Like
Thai Dye -

His heel turn lost him a lot of support. Pretty sure it was a pick em when he fought Justin. He fell quickly but so much respect for getting in there. The Niko price up kick should have been the last shot he took. 

He was on like a 7 fight win streak and he said nobody above him in rankings wanted to fight him for years.  Justin Gaetje accepted a fight against him and Vick admitted he talked shit to build the fight and to try to get more big fights (had he won). He was trying to go McGregor/Colby/shit talking route and admitted afterwards it wasn’t his s t y l e. 

2 Likes
Thai Dye -

https://youtu.be/yWBtTLgcrw8

Thanks 

1 Like
MojoSoDope -

He is on my list of maybe 3 fighters that I actually enjoyed watching lose. I normally get bummed watching someone get KOed but vick was somehow able to talk that feeling out of me. I couldn't stand anything about him. 

Be honest, it’s because of Lloyd Irvin...

4 Likes
danybayamon23 -

Paul hasn’t finished a fight since Charles 3+ years ago, who is now on an 8 fight win streak.

Easier said than done.  Felder is kind of a point fighter at times, and Vick was a tough, tall, and tricky fighter at 155.  Before the Gaethje fight the odds were even.  I think that KO had an everlasting effect on him.  

danybayamon23 -

Yeah, Felder is not a finisher and it’s made him take a ton of extra damage and have a war with every top guy he faces. If you can’t get guys out of there at least 30% of the time you may want to reconsider doing a combat sport. Winning on toughness isn’t really winning. 

MojoSoDope -

Doesnt help that he was with TLI

Can’t say I was ever really a huge fan but respect to anyone who steps in there and respect to him for not making any excuses upon his retirement.  To even come near top ten in that division is an achievement in itself.

MojoSoDope -

Same. Went from calling justin the homer Simpson of mma, then he turned into the homer simpson of mma. The irony is fucking hilarious. 

knockoutfighter -
MojoSoDope -

Be honest, it’s because of Lloyd Irvin...

Earlier in his career every time his fight would be coming up on the card I'd say "I don't like this guy but I can't remember why". Then he'd walk out with Llimp Lloyd and I would remember.

2 Likes

Great job by that ref. He was staying close throughout at the end there.