Jason Dent

So I finally caught some of the TUF series this weekend and I kept thinking I've seen Jason Dent before. After a few episodes it came back to me, I've seen him fight in the XFO, October of 2004. He lost a decision to Jeff Curran.

That's not why I remember him though, I just remember standing in the back area watching fights and noticing someone standing next to us. So our group of friends say hello and start talking. He goes "I'm fighting in the main event tonight" and I just remember being really suprised, never would have thought he was a fighter.

So.. yeah that's it. Glad to see him doing well and win his first UFC fight.

that wasnt his first ufc fight.

okay, his latest UFC fight

Dent and Huerta - if i remember correct - won fight of the night at the Anaheim Penn vs Hughes card. that fight never made it to TV, but it was one of the more entertaining LW fights i've ever seen live.

Jason has a fight of the night and submission of the night... I wonder which fighter has won the most UFC bonuses.

^^^Lytle or Guida

Hazelett or Maia

He fought 2 or 3 times in the UFC before TUF maybe that is where you have seen him before.

Did you hear Rogan saying:

"Jason Dent carries around a lot of body fat @ 155lbs, I mean you don't see guys like Gray Maynard walking into the octagon like that"

Does anyone know if he can cut to 145 or 135?

PatrickFreitas - Dent and Huerta - if i remember correct - won fight of the night at the Anaheim Penn vs Hughes card. that fight never made it to TV, but it was one of the more entertaining LW fights i've ever seen live.

What?? I was totally unaware that Jason Dent has fought at UFC 63 and UFC 68 going to decisions against Roger Huerta and Glesion Tibua! That is pretty impressive and they did not even bother to mention on the show he had fought in the UFC already?

B3LI3VE - Did you hear Rogan saying:

"Jason Dent carries around a lot of body fat @ 155lbs, I mean you don't see guys like Gray Maynard walking into the octagon like that"

Does anyone know if he can cut to 145 or 135?

HAHA, Go Joe!!!!!!

Rogan: "I mean I know Jason Dent is in good shape but man, that guy carries around a lot of body fat for 155lbs. You know I can't think thats the optimum thing to do when your fighting at such a light weight class. I mean you got huge guys that cut down and literally have NO body fat to get to 155.

Goldy: I think thats what surprised many, you don't want to judge by the body type or shape, but I think a lot of the guys on the show thought the same thing Joe.

Rogan: Well theres some Heavyweights that fight like that where they don't have to worry about weight, and you know, and like Fedor, and he looks great.. he fights great at that weight with body fat on him, but Dent is at 155. I mean just look at a guy like Gray Maynard who is also at 155.

Goldy: Yep

Nice Guy,

I talked to him for a brief moment at the airport Sunday.

Kevin Curtis - Jason has a fight of the night and submission of the night... I wonder which fighter has won the most UFC bonuses.

There was a thread about this, I believe the winner was Guida or Spencer Fisher. 

He supposedly can't make 145, the nutrition guru's on the UG claim it's because he's in great shape, but has loose skin.

Struck me as a crock of shit, but I'm not an expert (also I got bored of the thread, so I never checked back on what the final verdict ended up being).

I saw a fledgling wikipedia page that had the UFC fight bonuses on it, but it was pretty rough and I haven't been able to find it since.

Jason Dent seems like the type of guy you don't want to start shit with at a bar.

Jason trained with us in Milwaukee for this fight. He came into the fight with some bad injuries.

Congrats Jason!

The thing that impresses me about Jason is that he is able to wear his opponents out and always know the time inside the cage. It seems he doesn't throw a single punch for 2 minutes, meanwhile the other fighters put their utmost effort into fighting, so by the end of the round he is able to break his opponents. Every fight I've seen him win it seems this is his strategy, take everything they got, then unleash his own fury afterwards. Its a really smart fighting style if you ask me.

congrats for jason dent ttt