Jean Pascal calls out Nick Diaz

Boxing only. None of that grappling business.

“The UFC fighters, they always say that they can fight, that they can box, but I don't see that,” Pascal tells the TMZ interviewer. “Nick Diaz talks a lot of trash and he never had someone who can talk back to him like I can do.”

“With boxing rules. I don't claim I can go on the floor,” Pascal continues. “On the floor with a man, that's not my thing.”

“I'm pretty sure that I can whoop his ass because I'm a fighter, not a UFC wrestler. Boxing is an art. I can tell Diaz, 'Why don't you come out of your redneck country and fight me in a real city like Montreal, cause that s--- can be sold out.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Former-World-Champ-Jean-Pascal-Calls-Out-Coward-Nick-Diaz-for-Boxing-Match-119273

Yawwwnn,

We do 37k Buys

As good as Pascal is his time has come and gone. It's the Diaz Brothers time now.

Diaz vs. Kovalev makes more sense.

I do enjoy that boxers are now pushing for cross over fights with mma guys and it's not just mma guys wanting to fight boxers (and looking desperate in the process). 

Everyone looking to cash in on the atttaction. 

CRE - As good as Pascal is his time has come and gone. It's the Diaz Brothers time now.

Diaz vs. Kovalev makes more sense.

Pascal would beat the weed out of him.

They only ever wanna box tho.... I want to see a boxer offer a 1 & 1... I'll fight you mma, then you box me...

Dugs95 - 

They only ever wanna box tho.... I want to see a boxer offer a 1 & 1... I'll fight you mma, then you box me...

Good idea. We'd need a tie-breaker though. Nick would be down for a triathlon against Pascal, I'm sure.

Would be fun to watch

Dugs95 -

Makes no sense.

MMA guys typically train boxing. Boxing guys don't train mma (grappling, knees, etc). 

That's like saying "hey, you speak a little Spanish. Can you translate this German for me?"

Dugs95 -

Haven't we had more high profile boxers fighting in MMA than vice versa? Ricardo Mayorga tried MMA a couple times, James Toney fought Couture, and Ray Mercer KO'd Sylvia, but I can't recall a former MMA champion even attempting to box.

Given we've had JDS, Jones, Conor, and Manuwa call out high-level boxers for a boxing match over the recent years, it'd be nice to actually see it happen for once.

Who?

Soul Gravy - Who?
You just don't follow boxing at all if you don't know who he is. One thing about Pascal is that he never ducked anyone. Even when he got K.Od by Kovalev, he still went and fought him a second time. He fought Froch, Hopkins twice. This is an interesting fight.

I heard Pascal's team was in talks with Diaz's team a while back but it never went anywhere.

Soul Gravy - Who?

Nick diaz, the older brother of the journyman fighter that beat Mcgregor twice. He hasn't fought in a while let alone won so he may be rusty, which could be why Pascal is calling him out

Pascal continues. “On the floor with a man, that's not my thing.”

I thought that was exactly his thing?

So he calls out a guy who's locked into a UFC contract to fight him in his sport on his turf. How ballsy. Would Nick have to have one hand tied behind his back too?

Shoot boxing rules in the octagon would be fun to see for these boxing/MMA crossovers.

trobinson21 -
Malvert the Janitor -
Dugs95 -

Makes no sense.

MMA guys typically train boxing. Boxing guys don't train mma (grappling, knees, etc). 

That's like saying "hey, you speak a little Spanish. Can you translate this German for me?"

True, but Carl Lewis wasn't calling out the decathlon guys for races 7 years after his prime either.

I don't think Nick has ever mentioned Pascal and he is super respectful of pro boxers anytime the topic comes up.

But let's not pretend Nick doesn't fancy himself a boxer. He's always going on and on about his boxing, his sparring with pros, etc., etc. 

You don't hear too many boxers going on and on about their wrestling and jiu jitsu. 

nick is many things

redneck is not one

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 
Soul Gravy - Who?
You just don't follow boxing at all if you don't know who he is. One thing about Pascal is that he never ducked anyone. Even when he got K.Od by Kovalev, he still went and fought him a second time. He fought Froch, Hopkins twice. This is an interesting fight.

I heard Pascal's team was in talks with Diaz's team a while back but it never went anywhere.

Sorry, I like boxing but I've never heard of him. is he any good?

Soul Gravy -
DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 
Soul Gravy - Who?

Sorry, I like boxing but I've never heard of him. is he any good?

He was elite at one point. He beat Chad Dawnson. Fought Hopkins to a draw and even managed to drop Hopkins on the canvas. Check out highlights of his fight with Froch.

http://youtu.be/UG5LAnu5Z6A