Jens Pulver Appreciation Thread

After watching Jens Pulver in One FC yesterday, and getting more excited and anxious during one fight than I have for any fight in a long time, I thought I would make a thread in appreciation of one of the classiest guys to ever grace the sport, Jens Pulver.

Jens was a two time state wrestling champs at Tahoma High School, and wrestled at Boise State before an injury ended his career. Switching to Mixed Martial Arts, Jens got his pro MMA start mostly in Bas Rutten's Invitationals, one of which he knocked out Joe "Daddy" Stevenson.

He made his UFC debut at UFC 22, fighting to a draw with Alfonso Alcarez. Jenz would fight 3 more times in the UFC, one of them a devestating highlight reel KO of John Lewis, (As well as going 3-1 outside the UFC during the same time) before facing Caol Uno at UFC 30 for the UFC's first Lightweight championship, which he won be unanimous decision.

Jens would defend his UFC title twice, (including a win over Dennis Hallman, and then seemingly unbeatable BJ Penn) before leaving the UFC.

Eventually signing with Pride, Jens first bout was against Takanomi Gomi, in a fight which displayed excellent boxing by both fighters until Jens was caught with an uppercut that ended the fight. He then went on to face Hayato Sakurai, a fight which left him with a corneal abrasion from an accidental thumb in the eye, eventually losing by TKO, but never failing to show how much of a warrior he was.

His career has had a lot of ups and downs, but you will never see a more classy, respectful, from the heart person than Jens Pulver

He's been one of my favorite fighters forever and is one of the all time greats in my opinion, not just for his accomplishments, but for what he means to the sport, and the manner in which he has conducted himself his entire career.

Voted up. I can only imagine what he has been through. I will always root for him. Thank you.

How can you not be a fan of this guy?

TTT Phone Post

Pulver is a pioneer of the lw American fighters.

I wish an organization would give him a nice chunk of change to do play by play and announcing

Great Interview about soccer kicks

TTT for the little eagle Phone Post

'

Jens vs. BJ in 02 is probably the most excited I have ever been in a fight.