Jeremy Jackson Pleads Guilty!!!

his pd was right...he should have took the plea deal before....it can't get any better

it was 15 to life before - 3 years pre-trial confinement...

no way prosecution will offer the same 8 years straight time.
he will get minimum 12 years to life...

i don't get it - the trial was almost over, you waited 3 years to go to trial????

Must have got the 11th hour deal.  That sounds like he's getting off on time served and getting probation.  I'm not a lawyer but it appears to be pretty straight forward that that's what's happening.  I wouldn't want a rape conviction on my record, especially if I didn't do it, but if I was facing life, that's a great time to take the plea.  

I don't know what I would do if they dangled a deal in front of me when I have already waited 3 years.

Hoping for the best for the family.

He'll have to do the time now.  There are no winners here.

mrzipplokk -  There are no winners here.

This.

figure four - his pd was right...he should have took the plea deal before....it can't get any better

it was 15 to life before - 3 years pre-trial confinement...

no way prosecution will offer the same 8 years straight time.
he will get minimum 12 years to life...

i don't get it - the trial was almost over, you waited 3 years to go to trial????

THE DA might have thought they were losing the case, if his attorney advised him not to take the deal, the lawyer might have thought they would win the trial. JJ might not of wanted to take the chance if the DA offerd a sweet deal

I'm thinking that he plead guilty so he could get out of the joint. 3 years is a long time, and maybe he didn't feel like gambling with his life with the jury's verdict.

Why would they assign him a Probation Officer and notify him that he can't own or posess firearms if he's looking at doing any additional time? At least now he can move on with his life and put this behind him. Seems like there was a lot of shady shit going on between both parties regardless of his guilt or innocence.

BACK STORY??????

jw is this the same guy tht got kicked off of tuf for sneaking out?

Beezulbubba - BACK STORY??????

JJ has been in jail for almost 3 years on charges of forcible rape, sexual assault, and burglary of his ex-girl and baby's mama. His trial started about a week ago, and today he changed his plea to guilty. Check link in first post for details of charges and trial.

DaTazzManianDevil - jw is this the same guy tht got kicked off of tuf for sneaking out?

Yes.

CeltsFan33 - It seems strange that he'd wait until day 11 of the trial to change his plea. Maybe the prosecutor offered a deal.

This is what I'm thinking. After all of that time spent waiting for trail, to just now plead guilty? There's skullduggery afoot.

Roo Badley - I'm thinking that he plead guilty so he could get out of the joint. 3 years is a long time, and maybe he didn't feel like gambling with his life with the jury's verdict.

Why would they assign him a Probation Officer and notify him that he can't own or posess firearms if he's looking at doing any additional time? At least now he can move on with his life and put this behind him. Seems like there was a lot of shady shit going on between both parties regardless of his guilt or innocence.

This is the most logical line of thinking here.

Damn it! Conspiracy!

I just pray to God he has nothing to do with that girl anymore.

Here's the report from the Ventura County Star. A few jurors say they were leaning towards the defendant. Jackson's attorney thought they were going to win.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/dec/13/ultimate-fighter-contestant-pleads-guilty-to/

WRESTLENOW - who is momita?

Quite possibly one of the greatest posters on this whole forum. Just talking to her will make you feel like your life will be ok, no matter what horrible thing is happening to you.

momita is JJ's Mom and a longtime and well respected member of MMA.TV. She's beem through hell and back with some things she's had to endure in her life and I hope she is well.

CeltsFan33 - Here's the report from the Ventura County Star. A few jurors say they were leaning towards the defendant. Jackson's attorney thought they were going to win.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/dec/13/ultimate-fighter-contestant-pleads-guilty-to/

Without reading the article I call BS. Nobody knows what way the jurors were leaning, etc.

Man, I'm not sure that I could handle being branded a sex offender. Especially if I was innocent.

Such a shitty situation to be in. The law is a very fragile thing. It's very easy to be biased or abused.

This is from the article:

The defense began putting on its case today, and Baker had only called one defense witness to the stand. After the lunch hour, jurors were told that Jackson decided to plea guilty.

“I was leaning toward the defendant,” said a female juror.

She said this case has been a very emotional experience for her. “I’m sick to my stomach,” the juror said.

Another female juror said the victim had “issues” and credibility problems, adding that both were abusive toward each other.

“She was probably worse,” the female juror said.