Jeremy Jackson Pleads Guilty!!!

CeltsFan33 - This is from the article:

The defense began putting on its case today, and Baker had only called one defense witness to the stand. After the lunch hour, jurors were told that Jackson decided to plea guilty.

“I was leaning toward the defendant,” said a female juror.

She said this case has been a very emotional experience for her. “I’m sick to my stomach,” the juror said.

Another female juror said the victim had “issues” and credibility problems, adding that both were abusive toward each other.

“She was probably worse,” the female juror said.

Oh my God if I were in this situation, and I pleaded guilty even if I weren't, and I read all this after the fact, I would absolutely lose it.

It doesn't look like there was any deal on the table, either. He's facing 25 to life.

Great case right here of, he's a fighter = FREE PASS.

<blockquote>nyhcloyalty - <blockquote>Oh my God if I were in this situation, and I pleaded guilty even if I weren't, and I read all this after the fact, I would absolutely lose it. <br type="_moz" /></blockquote>

I thought the same thing. It could be that his conscience got the best of him, or maybe he just gave up. We'll never know.

What do you guys think his sentence will be tomorrow?  Will he get out on probation?

I think he's going away for a long time. He's facing 25 to life, and these aren't the kind of charges that typically draw a slap on the wrist. He won't be sentenced until February.

I hope for Momita's sake that he gets out of jail soon whether he is guilty or not.

-jk

The woman he is accused of raping is NOT the mother of his kid. He doesn't have any kids with this woman.

nostripewhite - Great case right here of, he's a fighter = FREE PASS.

he plead guilty and hasnt even been sentenced yet. i dont understand what you're talking about.

help?

being a sex offender is as good as a death sentence

Mr Generic -  Forcible* Stupid no editing iTouch. Phone Post

Statutory rape.

NHB USA -  What do you guys think his sentence will be tomorrow?  Will he get out on probation?

Sorry, I was wrong about thte sentencing date. It's 2/14, not 12/14.

Mr Generic - Forceable rape?Is there another kind of rape I was unaware of? Phone Post

There's statutory, where it can be consensual, but still illegal as one party is underage.

I'll be very interested in how the sentencing turns out. If the new plea offer was for time served, there's no way the PD would advise against it, no matter how sanguine he felt about the chance for winning outright. Time served -- even the three years Jackson's done --on a charge like that would be a huge win for the defense. Bird in hand. On the other hand, it's tough to imagine JJ would cop to a plea that would keep him behind bars for more than another couple years if things were looking promising.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Where are the UG legal eagles when you need them !?

Referred to formal probation. Report immediately to Room A, Sheriff / Correction Building and follow the instructions of the Probation Officer.

We all want to know what this means!

Is it only those getting probation that have to 'report immediately to a probation officer' or is this standard stuff even if someone is going to jail ?

Maybe he's getting probation until his sentencing date on Feb 14?

BTW, isn't it ironic that he's getting sentenced for rape on Valentine's Day?

He took a plea deal after watching one of his witness getting cross examined . Speechless but this is the deal now. I will continue to send some money to his books.

Any idea what the plea deal was HKP?

Hong Kong Phooey - He took a plea deal after watching one of his witness getting cross examined . Speechless but this is the deal now. I will continue to send some money to his books.

details?

NHB USA - 
Hong Kong Phooey - <b>He took a plea deal after watching one of his witness getting cross examined . Speechless but this is the deal now. I will continue to send some money to his books. </b>

details?

Phooey, please fill the rest of us in on how to do that.