Jim Miller deserved sub of the night

donkypunch55 - Agreed and it wasn't even close. Millers armbar, with that sick omaplata-like set up, was a thing of technical beauty. Phone Post 3.0

At first, I was like "Why's this dumb nigga trying a gogoplata".

Time to bombard Dana with tweets people..

Agreed, Miller 100%.

Surely Dana sorted the man out backstage, miller surprises me every fight Phone Post 3.0

Moke - People trying to pull up and out of armbars in the UFC. It never ceases to amaze me.
Yeah, not the most technical defense Phone Post 3.0

Have to make it look like Rhonda beat someone who was her biggest rival. Miller set that up perfectly. I was arguing with a teammate that it was in fast, and there was no way to get that back. Great setup Phone Post 3.0

I got Miller too his armbar was superbly set up against a very good black belt

I got Miller too his armbar was superbly set up against a very good black belt

Sorry for the double post don't know how to remove it

I know I'm way late to the party on this thread, but I strongly agree that Miller should have gotten the SOTN bonus. The set-up/sub PLUS who he landed it on, was impressive/beautiful. One of my favorite subs this year. Phone Post 3.0

Ronda's was a loose armbar on a defeated opponent.

Miller's was a slick set up to a tight armbar on a fresh 3rd degree black belt from royler Gracie. Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - I understand Ronda is the poster girl , but Jim's arm bar was much slicker, and against a legit Bjj black belt Phone Post 3.0
Signed! Phone Post 3.0

Chris - 

without a doubt.

Jim Miller hitting that armbar from his guard was probably the most impressive finish on the card.

While I was seriously impressed with how many times Rousey would move into position for that arm bar out of what seemed to be nowhere, Millers set up was sweet, the whole thing from beginning to end was pure perfection. Even my wife yelled out "that was slick". Phone Post 3.0

RollHighAllDay - Ronda's was a loose armbar on a defeated opponent.

Miller's was a slick set up to a tight armbar on a fresh 3rd degree black belt from royler Gracie. Phone Post 3.0
Well said Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I was really surprised by the Miller armbar of the other arm. Really unexpected, and I wanted to re-watch it, but had family stuff to do.
Ronda's was great too, because for a second, Tate was on top and I thought she was in trouble and then bam, over. Miesha had a lot of great defense the whole fight avoiding the armbar and preventing Ronda's movement toward the armbar, that we saw in her previous fights. More of an anticipation thing.
I thought it was going to Miller as well.

Signed!

The UFC has again shown that they don't want fighters, they want WWE type characters. Jim Miller is a fighter plain and simple. No stupid hair, no made up rivalries, no poor sportsmanship for the sake of soap opera drama. Jim went out and fought an opponent he obviously respected and pulled off an amazing submission on an amazing grappler. And after the fight no stupid antics like a fighter and an athlete he gave a respectful interview and that was that.

Had Jim acted like more like some other fighters with over the top pre and post fight BS antics I am sure his bank account would be bigger.

The UFC has done a great job getting MMA into the main stream media its just a shame when a real true to the core fighter gets the shaft for the sake of drama and hype.

Ttt for Dana Phone Post 3.0

Ronda's was done after a grueling back and forth fight on a more sweaty opponent. Gotta go with Ronda.