Jimmy Smith vs Joe Rogan

Site has an article praising Jimmy Smith and Without a judgement on him in terms of his abilities, what are the odds that rather than work with Rogan he is there to replace Rogan?

Rogan has made numerous comments about retiring and also new owners are probably paying him a boatload of cash at a time they are trying to cut costs.

Assuming we cant get detective Shields on the case, what do you guys think?

Rogan doesn’t want to do alot of UFC, tired of the grind. He picked Jimmy years ago.

Rogan does the big cards and doesn’t have to travel as much, Jimmy gets the rest and is great at it. WME saves money and extends their timeline with Rogan.

There is no vs here. It’s the rare win win.

Jimmy comes across as a douche honestly. He’s not nearly as charismatic as he wants to suggest with his loud voice.

I made a thread with that exact thread title and I got crucified. It was hilarious. 

Jimmy is an excellent replacement.

Willin - Jimmy comes across as a douche honestly. He's not nearly as charismatic as he wants to suggest with his loud voice.

Listened to him on JRE last week, I didn't get that from him. Dude has had fights, knows his stuff, and is very knowledgable about MMA and MMA history. Exactly the type of commentator UFC needs

On paper he is more qualified than Rogan in just about every way. 

Arzn1ck -

Paper doesnt mean shit. On "paper" lots of actual fighters would be more "qualified" but a ton of them SUCK BALLS on the mic. 

With that said, Jimmy Smith will probably be fine, that dude they had in Bellator Sean Wheelock was awful though, he sounded like the B team commentating team for WCW. 

Jimmys the man 

Watch "Fight Quest" 

I remember him from fight quest , that was an awesome show .    Whatever happened to the other guy??

anyways he doesn’t strike me as a douche at all.    UFC won this one.    Good move IMO

When I think of Jimmy all I think of him in Fight Quest in Rio telling a Gracie Black Belt he was a Purple belt. The guy could barely do an armbar and he was owned.

The last podcast Joe did with Jimmy annoyed the shit out of md. All the humble brags about tapping people out and dick sucking Rogan made it hard to listen to.

Jimmy rapes him at commentary and jiu jitsu

Willin - Jimmy comes across as a douche honestly. He's not nearly as charismatic as he wants to suggest with his loud voice.

I think this is crazy talk. Is smith somehow a weird doppelgänger for Rogan? Kinda of, but that's not a bad thing. It's like he's a better Ron Harper to Rogan's Jordan. He will be a welcome addition to the roster and Rogan will probably further phase himself out of the pay per views. I think Smtih will end up being the best broadcast acquisition they make, for a long time to come. Remember, they lost stann and that was a HUGE blow to their stable. Cormier is great at color but both Cruz and Felder lack the charisma and enthusiasm that both Rogan and DC have. I think Smith has that charisma/infectious enthusiasm that are hallmarks of Joe and Daniel's color styles.

Gonch - When I think of Jimmy all I think of him in Fight Quest in Rio telling a Gracie Black Belt he was a Purple belt. The guy could barely do an armbar and he was owned.

The boxing episode in Mexico was even worse, throughout the entirety of the episode Jimmy continually bragged about his professed strength and power and than proceeded to demonstrate a complete absence of even basic, remedial boxing  skills or knowledge. It was fairly cool though to see Rickson Gracie and Nacho Bernstein appear on the two episodes. 

Non N00B -
Arzn1ck -

Paper doesnt mean shit. On "paper" lots of actual fighters would be more "qualified" but a ton of them SUCK BALLS on the mic. 

With that said, Jimmy Smith will probably be fine, that dude they had in Bellator Sean Wheelock was awful though, he sounded like the B team commentating team for WCW. 

Yea, except jimmy doesn’t “suck balls” on the mic. He’s every bit as enthusiastic about mma as joe, has real mma experience and from what I’ve seen is at least slightly more knowledgeable on just about every aspect of the game. 

His biggest negative is his seeming willingness to “shill it up” rather than give his real opinion at times. 

well you're pretty negative so that's not surprising
Willin - Jimmy comes across as a douche honestly. He's not nearly as charismatic as he wants to suggest with his loud voice.

Completely agree with you.

Arzn1ck -
Non N00B -
Arzn1ck -

Yea, except jimmy doesn’t “suck balls” on the mic. He’s every bit as enthusiastic about mma as joe, has real mma experience and from what I’ve seen is at least slightly more knowledgeable on just about every aspect of the game. 

His biggest negative is his seeming willingness to “shill it up” rather than give his real opinion at times. 

Your reading comprehension is horrendous if what you got out of that was me saying Jimmy Smith sucks balls. Good grief.