Jiri OUT of 282, Glover Turns Down Replacement, Anklaev vs Blachowicz IN

I don’t think Glover got fucked, especially if he was given an opportunity to fight a replacement opponent for the title.

At his age idk how many more (if any) opportunities Glover will get. I’m assuming he gets winner, but that’s months down the road at best.

I wouldn’t have thought a late-replacement would cause a veteran like Glover to pull out of a title fight at this stage of his career.

1 Like

We could have seen Khamzat vs Glover

USADA tests him like weekly so it is a bit easier for him to get caught

Khamzat was never gonna show up for that

Glover didn’t turn down the replacement, he wanted Ankalaev in Brazil because he wanted more time to prepare for him

Glover trying to pig out on thanksgiving

You get it old timer

2 Likes

Don’t blame him tbh. Northeast USA has a beautiful fall season

You mean like an american company that holds the majority of its cards in the uk or australia?

Yep

It’s still strange that he vacated the title. Couldn’t he have just stayed champion while Dana grabs an interim title belt out of the trunk of his car for the time being?

So now he gets neither the title fight vs the replacement opponent nor Ankalaev in Brazil.

I’d have thought that when told the latter wasn’t an option he’d have taken the former.

But what do I know I’m some schlep in Wisconsin eating pork chops.

2 Likes

If you recover at all, I get to roll my shoulder back in every other morning after pulling it out 6 years ago. Slips in BJJ and I have to tap, push on it, then keep going.

Class act by Jiri unlike Cruz that held up his division for 2 years and was finally stripped of the belt.

2 Likes

Says he turned down fight

Short notice fights are only what poverty fighters do.

Like Conor? Love him or hate him he took late opponent changes on more than one occasion (Diaz 1; Mendes).

I get your point but I’m still surprised that, at this point in his career and at his age, Glover said no.

1 Like

Khabib accepted 4 different proposed matchups after his initial opponent fell out

And now clowns will shit on him for winning 50-43 in that fight, because MMA fans are borderline retarded

1 Like

Uniquely honorable if true, but my sneaking suspicion is that this sudden “shoulder injury” is directly correlated with those bi-daily USADA tests.

If not, I’ll swallow my crow.