Joachim Hansen Clarifies his Racial Comments...

but....the Japanese are better fans, how often do you hear a Japanese crowd booing after 20 seconds without an engagement.... or how often do you hear a Japanese crowd booing when a fight goes to the ground ?

Fuck Hansen if he thinks he's too good for us over here in America.

Japanese fans in a way are even more fake.

MMA in Japan is dying.

why? given the choice of Hansen/Alvarez the typical JPN fan would of opted for Hiromitsu "The Smiling Killer" Kanehara vs. some random fag.

hansen let his pride get the better of his sense, and that is a sign of immaturity. regardless of how he feels about the UFC, he is a fighter with few ponds to swim in. by alienating one of the biggest ponds, he is really only hurting himself.

he needs to learn how to act like a champion, and portray a humble nature. look at nogueira. he was a champion in pride, only to become the HW #2. he left the door open to the UFC, and as fate would have it he is a champion again. his humble nature created the possibility to eventually fight in the UFC, regardless of his emotions when he fought in Pride towards the UFC.

GMan99 - David@AccutestMi, As I understand it, he had an existing contract that had been signed with PRIDE. He was only demanding to be paid as his contract stipulated. The UFC tried to change the terms of the contract and then found legal contingencies to prevent him from working elsewhere. That's petty, vindictive, and unethical if you ask me.

As to his coming off like a baby, I think you're crazy. He found other employment that he apparently feels pays him fairly and he is publicly and graphically maligning the UFC's practices. That's a position of dignity and strength.

Yes but why would you continue the logic of a company that failed? Really doesn't matter why they failed more then it is the fact that they did. Hansen wanted a continuation of his contract and Dana thought it was too much because he wouldn't be a draw and at the time and is still correct today. Hansen is not a draw.

Japan is different then the U.S. They don't need to heavily promote fighters for fans to like them. The fans go to shows in droves. The fans want to know everything about every fighter as opposed to here where we only take interest in the ones that are exciting.

Hansen here and Hansen in Japan are two WAY different people in the light of popularity. Here Hansen is a "loss" and in Japan, well you could be a one armed 3 eyed mongoloid with 7 fingers and people would cheer you on. Giant Silva for how big of a goof he was, was popular there. Bob Sapp of all people are simply LOVED over there. Giant Silva here would be laughed at, Bob Sapp was here and left for Japan.

Trying to compare the United States and it's promotions and Japan and there promotions will never make sense. Two totally different atmospheres.

Of course they are better fans. They're not "what have you done for me lately", and they are not deterred from admiring a fighter just because of losses.