Joachim Hansen Hates Mainstream UFC...

"Hansen is comparing people like myself, Ryan G, Shinobi Apollo, Gunjin EX, nowaydo, Wasa-B, Daimen Hellstrom, JOB, etc. to people like CRE and Ignar."

Amen!

Much respect to Hansen.

Mad Xyientist -  LOL at anyone suggesting Joachim would shy away from the UFC because he cant' hang with the competition.

Your either totally new to the sport or can't handle anything outside of the UFC.

Joachim will fight anyone and loves a big challenge more than anyone.

You should be ashamed for bashing one of the sport's best warriors because he was man enough to stand up for himself.

He's not shying away from speaking out against the biggest and most powerful promotion in the sport, despite the fact that it won't help his career.  You think he is shying away from UFC LWs??  Laughable.

I am not new at all, have been watchin since UFC 1 and training since 99.......with that said, I still dont buy his excuse. He is a great fighter, no doubt, however......if you are really looking to challenge yourself against the best possible talent, you look at fighting BJ Penn. You find a way to make it happen. And where he may be a superstar in Japan, it's all about asses in seats over here, and aside from us hardcore fans, he is a relative unknown. IMO both BJ and Sherk hand him his lunch........

kind of a poor assessment of American fans

I'll admit we're disrespectful as shit, but there's a huge base of knowledgeable American that follow the sport and his career

djones - 
Mad Xyientist -  LOL at anyone suggesting Joachim would shy away from the UFC because he cant' hang with the competition.

Your either totally new to the sport or can't handle anything outside of the UFC.

You should be ashamed for bashing one of the sport's best warriors because he was man enough to stand up for himself.

He's not shying away from speaking out against the biggest and most powerful promotion in the sport, despite the fact that it won't help his career.  You think he is shying away from UFC LWs??  Laughable.

I am not new at all, have been watchin since UFC 1 and training since 99.......with that said, I still dont buy his excuse. He is a great fighter, no doubt, however......if you are really looking to challenge yourself against the best possible talent, you look at fighting BJ Penn. You find a way to make it happen. And where he may be a superstar in Japan, it's all about asses in seats over here, and aside from us hardcore fans, he is a relative unknown. IMO both BJ and Sherk hand him his lunch........

So, you're not new, and you think Joachim Hansen is afraid of other fighters?  Now you're just retarded.

logikt - kind of a poor assessment of American fans

I'll admit we're disrespectful as shit, but there's a huge base of knowledgeable American that follow the sport and his career

Yes. I actually like him as a fighter. And the fact that true fans have not turned thier backs on other fighters who have lost, like BJ, GSP, Rampage, Henderson, Liddell, makes his reasoning flawed.

He clarifies his quotes about fans, see what he [really] meant with this new speech:http://www.intheguard.tv/site/1/index.php

If BJ Penn wanted to fight the best lightweights, he would go to DREAM.

Hansen, Alvarez, Aoki, Ishida, JZ Calvalcanti, Kawajiri, Uno > UFC Lightweights.

BJ is scared to fight the top fighters. DREAM LWs are clearly better than the competition in the UFC. 

Mad Xyientist - 
djones - 

So, you're not new, and you think Joachim Hansen is afraid of other fighters?  Now you're just retarded.

OK,   1) I am obviously not as ignorant as you are, because the only people using the word "retarded" are those not intelligent enough to find a suitable replacement for it. Come correct, I hope you can do better than a 3rd grade insult and 2) How do you know he isnt afraid? His comments about fans not liking fighters after they lose sounds like he is expecting to be beaten. I dont hear BJ whining about what the fans think. Let's face it. Penn is the best fighter and biggest name in the weightclass. A fight against him, no matter what org he is in, should be #1 on the list of those in the same weightclass wanting to prove themselves.   

thelifecoach - "So, you're not new, and you think Joachim Hansen is afraid of other fighters? Now you're just retarded."

Talk is cheap. In America, you have to prove it.

Right, talk IS cheap.  That also goes for promoters who say they want to have the best talent in the world, then lowball fighters who have proven it.  Apparently there are a lot of people here that buy the cheap talk that the UFC LW class is anywhere near the competition in DREAM.

Hansen got paid MORE money and got to fight BETTER competition.  That doesn't sound like talk, that sounds like action.

"would rather deal with some occasional drunken audience abuse in America"

If by occasional you mean every single MMA event that has ever taken place in the US then I agree.

No argument from me about the audiences. I disagree with drunken fans from the US who boo foreign fighters because they dont understand enough about a particular style to appreciate it. But why do you fight? Is if for the adoration of fans, or do you fight because its in your blood? Do you fight as a release mechanism, or to prove you are the best in the world?

djones -  ""The Japanese MMA audience is the best in the world", he says with enthusiasm. "They make magic! I would rather have one true Japanese MMA supporter than one million fake mainstream supporters that will turn their back on you as soon as you lose a fight."  

Excuses excuses. Sounds like he expects to lose.

to be devils advocate though american fans wouldnt stand for the works that the japanese fans swallow up gleefully

"A harmless, raucous crowd should not determine a fighter's willingness to fight."

Slapped Hellboy with the correctness....................

" 2) How do you know he isnt afraid? "

Let me just address this one.

1)  I've seen him fight. He's not afraid of a damn thing in the ring. He seems to enjoy getting hit.

2)  I've heard him talk.  He loves challenges.

3)  He has competed in ADCC, despite the fact that even he will tell you it is filled with far more experienced grapplers.  He doesn't appear afraid there.

4)  He has fought Aoki, Alvarez, Boku, Mitsuoka, Kawajiri, Yves, Mach Sakurai, Imanari, Uno, JZ Calvalcanti, Shaolin, Gomi, and many others.  Does that look like a resume of a guy who is afraid of good competition?  Show me a LW that has fought MORE top fighters.  How many top LWs has your hero BJ fought?

I know I'm feeding trolls, but anyone who claims Hansen is afraid should kindly die, the guy is easily one of the gamest fighters in the world. 

I'm done now, I'll leave you UFC shills to suck each other off, but how about you leave one of the all-time MMA greats out of it?

"Then you should feel comfortable backing that statement up with sound evidence."

I will do so as long as you start listing sources for every single thing you say. Seeing as that most of your posts are typed out from the comfort of your seat at the tip of Helio Gracie's penis, you should be the last person to ask that posts be 100 percent factual and without exaggeration.

djones-

I don't think every pro fighter should fight to prove they are the best in the world. I don't think Minowa fights to prove he is the best in the world, for example (haha)

Personally, being a small time no name fighter, I fight because I enjoy it and it makes me happy. I think thats enough for anyone. If at the end of the day, Joachim is happier fighting in Japan for whatever reason, then more power to him. However, having had to face American audiences myself (being an American) and having that be tough enough on me, I can only imagine how miserable it would be fighting here for Joachim Hansen.

A lot of fighters at various gyms I have spoken to have all expressed the feelings that they wish they could fight in Japan because there you will not get boo'd because of your race, or because you lost, or because the fans are just too drunk to even be in public, let alone be attending a beloved sporting event.

Mad Xyientist - I know I'm feeding trolls, but anyone who claims Hansen is afraid should kindly die, the guy is easily one of the gamest fighters in the world. 

I'm done now, I'll leave you UFC shills to suck each other off, but how about you leave one of the all-time MMA greats out of it?

Oh you leaving? Dont let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha......and, you're not feeding any trolls. You are have a conversation with people who dont agree with your opinion. Doesnt make either of us right, but the beauty of the board is that we have the forum to discuss it, without having to "kindly die".........

Oh, and BJ isnt my hero. He is a great fighter, but I trained under Carlson Sr., who could be called THE GREATEST vale tudo fighter, and coach, of all time.....talk about a hero!

YVES JOCKSTRAP - "Then you should feel comfortable backing that statement up with sound evidence."

I will do so as long as you start listing sources for every single thing you say. Seeing as that most of your posts are typed out from the comfort of your seat at the tip of Helio Gracie's penis, you should be the last person to ask that posts be 100 percent factual and without exaggeration.

djones-

I don't think every pro fighter should fight to prove they are the best in the world. I don't think Minowa fights to prove he is the best in the world, for example (haha)

Personally, being a small time no name fighter, I fight because I enjoy it and it makes me happy. I think thats enough for anyone. If at the end of the day, Joachim is happier fighting in Japan for whatever reason, then more power to him. However, having had to face American audiences myself (being an American) and having that be tough enough on me, I can only imagine how miserable it would be fighting here for Joachim Hansen.

A lot of fighters at various gyms I have spoken to have all expressed the feelings that they wish they could fight in Japan because there you will not get boo'd because of your race, or because you lost, or because the fans are just too drunk to even be in public, let alone be attending a beloved sporting event.
Good reply. People fight for different reasons, and I dont presume to know what Hellboy's reasons are, but I hope that whether or not the fans like him, has nothing to do with him wanting to fight in the US. Hey, if the UFC lowballed him, fine, just say that ............

djones - 
Mad Xyientist - I know I'm feeding trolls, but anyone who claims Hansen is afraid should kindly die, the guy is easily one of the gamest fighters in the world. 

Oh you leaving? Dont let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha......and, you're not feeding any trolls. You are have a conversation with people who dont agree with your opinion. Doesnt make either of us right, but the beauty of the board is that we have the forum to discuss it, without having to "kindly die".........

Oh, and BJ isnt my hero. He is a great fighter, but I trained under Carlson Sr., who could be called THE GREATEST vale tudo fighter, and coach, of all time.....talk about a hero!
Right, we don't agree.  Your opinion is that Joachim is scared and my opinion is that he isnt....I'm pretty comfortable with my side of the coin on this one. 

Keep up the great work of bashing a fighter for being scared who has fought the best LW competition in the world.

Mad Xyientist - 
djones - 

Right, we don't agree.  Your opinion is that Joachim is scared and my opinion is that he isnt....I'm pretty comfortable with my side of the coin on this one. 

Keep up the great work of bashing a fighter for being scared who has fought the best LW competition in the world.

LOL..... I never bashed him. If you go back and read my posts, I said I like to watch him fight. Maybe you were too busy thinking of those whitty comebacks to worry about reading what was previously posted. Hmmm, you weren't gone that long, revolving door huh? You're right back where you started. And, I dont think I ever used the word "scared", but I did say BJ would beat him. And I stand behind that 100%. in fact, I also think Sherk would beat him.......and I think he lost to Yves....I know, I know, that was a while ago so dont go gettin your panties all bunched up again. Just stating my opinions.........