Joachim Hansen Hates Mainstream UFC...

This place is getting embarrassing

This could have been a great Thread then the trolls or idiots appear questioning Joachim Hansen who epitomizes the true warrior spirit with his fighting style and his impressive resume of top ten fighters faced.

Just ridiculous..

And lol at Joachim being afraid of fighting any LW in the world the man has fought the toughest fighters in the Division and will continue vs Alvarez (rematch) and Aoki (rubber match).

The UFC has to accept some culpability in keeping these mega matchups or superfights from happening with their exclusive contracts and unwillingness to cross - promote.

Totally agree KC.

The challenge still stands to you trolls, show me any LW who has fought better competition than Joachim. 

And as current DREAM LW Champion, he stands to face a murderers row far worse than what anyone has to offer, including the UFC.

So UFC insulted Hansen by not giving him a good enough offer, but what it has to do with US MMA fans turning their backs once fighter loses ?
Why insult millions of fans just because you think you're underpaid by UFC ?

FightExpert - So UFC insulted Hansen by not giving him a good enough offer, but what it has to do with US MMA fans turning their backs once fighter loses ?

After reading this thread, I agree with him.  He has earned respect more than anyone, but instead he gets called scared.  I'm willing to bet this doesn't happen, at least to anywhere near this extent, among Japanese fans.

"ishida, melendez, gomi, uno, kid, the punk, and nick diaz all come to mind."

How would he fight most of those guys? Gomi is in WVR; so is Masvidal; Thomson is under contract with Strikeforce; Kid shows no signs of having any interest of even fighting at 145, much less 155; Diaz is supposed to be fighting for the Dream 170lb title.

"And as current DREAM LW Champion, he stands to face a murderers row far worse than what anyone has to offer, including the UFC."

That's only true if you just assume that those guys -- most of whom he has already fought -- are "far" better than the UFC lightweights.

Mad Xyientist - 
FightExpert - So UFC insulted Hansen by not giving him a good enough offer, but what it has to do with US MMA fans turning their backs once fighter loses ?

After reading this thread, I agree with him.  He has earned respect more than anyone, but instead he gets called scared.  I'm willing to bet this doesn't happen, at least to anywhere near this extent, among Japanese fans.

You have yet to show where anyone labeled him as scared. The word Troll is overused by those of you who are new to the board. (Yes new Mr 2007). Not everyone who disagrees with you is a Troll. And to disprove his point about US fans, Clay Guida has lost, and is a fan favorite because he fights hard. I have no doubt that if Hellboy was in the UFC, fans would like his fighting style. But for him to use acceptance from fans as an excuse is silly. And how are we to believe what you say, when you cant even keep your word about leaving this thread? Let me restate what I have said over and over......for you enjoyment of course:

1) I dont think fan acceptance has anything to do with it, if it was just the money, say that

2) I think he would lose to both BJ and Sherk

3) I do agree with the booing of foreign fighters in the UFC, nor do I agree with the chanting of "USA"

Maybe you are mature enough that we can disagree without you calling me names?

BJ > DORKUS -  "And as current DREAM LW Champion, he stands to face a murderers row far worse than what anyone has to offer, including the UFC."

That's only true if you just assume that those guys -- most of whom he has already fought -- are "far" better than the UFC lightweights.

I don't need to assume, any credible set of LW rankings in the universe confirms it.

ROFL @ Hellboy because Dana offered him a junk contract and now he is all mad. I bet he liked mainstream right before getting his contract. .

Mad Xyientist - 
BJ > DORKUS -  "And as current DREAM LW Champion, he stands to face a murderers row far worse than what anyone has to offer, including the UFC."

I don't need to assume, any credible set of LW rankings in the universe confirms it.

Which "credible set" doesnt put BJ at the top.......Let's see your rankings kid....

David@AccutestMi -  

ROFL @ Hellboy because Dana offered him a junk contract and now he is all mad. I bet he liked mainstream right before getting his contract. .

lol

"I don't need to assume, any credible set of LW rankings in the universe confirms it."

I was under the impression that you were one of those who thought rankings had absolutely nothing to do with who "the best" is and were only about tracing some arbitrary "lineage". My mistake. Which "credible set of LW rankings" are you referring to, for example?

"I was under the impression that you were one of those who thought rankings had absolutely nothing to do with who "the best" is and were only about tracing some arbitrary "lineage". My mistake."

Hahah, well played.

Sounds like sour grapes, cry some more whitey.

This thread had deteriated into UFC-huggers and UFC-haters bickering about stupid crap. The kind of stupid things said like "UFC audience is all drunk and coked up", "Japanese audience is more knowledgable", "Hansen is scared", "The best LW's in the world are outside the UFC" or "are in the UFC" and a ton more I could pullout - show a large amount of ignorance and that you are only here to nuthug or hate.

David@AccutestMi -  

Dave has smacked the hell out of the correct. This has nothing to do about fans. It has to do with Hansen being pissed about money offered.

BJ > DORKUS - I was under the impression that you were one of those who thought rankings had absolutely nothing to do with who "the best" is

But weren't you one of those as well? At least when it came to Fedor, that is.

I distinctly recall that you were all for dropping Fedor from being #1 in the rankings, based on established "ranking" standards - even though Fedor would have still been considered "the best" at HW.

(And btw, I agreed with that - if Fedor had faced someone like Rizzo or Monson next, he should have been dropped from the "rankings" based on relevant inactivity - even despite the fact that he would have still been "the best.")

So orcus, you're a fine one to talk about "rankings" hypocrisy.

You yourself seemed to think that "rankings had absolutely nothing to do with who "the best" is" - in that particular case with Fedor.

(Because otherwise, there would have been no way to put Nog in at #1 over Fedor based purely on who is "best" - without using the standard of "rankings"-based inactivity instead.)

But then when it came to ranking the LW's, you wholesale reversed your previous "rankings" principles when it came to Fedor, and just wanted to go with who is "best" - regardless of any established standards for "rankings" (like the same ones you wanted to use for dropping Fedor).

Because that would have been the only way to then include the previously unranked UFC LW's.

So which is it?

Why did you do a complete 180 in your "ranking" standards from the Fedor situation to the LW's? Self-contradict much?

Typical orcus. Applying whatever standards happen to fit his own preexisting biases to a particular case - even when they might directly contradict themselves from one case to the next.

Fuk yes, HELLBOY!

And as for Hansen's willingness to take on the best LW's (regardless of "rankings" - although he's certainly fought plenty of top "ranked" LW's as well) - well that is just unquestionable. His resume speaks for itself.

Hansen has never shied away from facing any of the best LW's, and has very arguably fought more of them than any other LW in MMA history.

He's faced Gomi, Alvarez, Shaolin, Kawajiri, Aoki 2x, Sakurai, JZ, Yves, Uno, Sato, Azeredo, Imanari.

Name any other LW who has faced as many of the best LW's as Hansen has.

One thing Hansen definitely doesn't try to avoid is top competition.

LOL @ the people getting upset with Hansen for talking badly about UFC.

He was fucked over by them, he has a reason to be pissed off, you faggots that get hurt because he is voicing his opinion are ridiculous.

I would say that Hansen has reason to be dissatisfied with the UFC as well. And yes, it's about money - but not just that.

It all stems from last year, when Zuffa actually already had Hansen under contract - but they just didn't want to pay him what that contract had called for.

They had acquired Hansen's Pride contract last year after the Fertittas had purchased Pride.

But then, according to Hansen, they wanted him to come fight in the UFC for only half the pay that his Pride contract had stipulated.

Hansen declined.

"Q: Have you spoken to the UFC at all?

A: They offered me a fight some months ago - I wasn't sure if they had bought Pride or what the hell was going on. They offered me a fight against Marcus Aurelio, they offered me half the salary of what I got in Pride. Obviously at the time they had already bought Pride, in my opinion they also bought my contract, so how can they offer me half the salary?"

(http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Joachim-Hansen-Offered-Half-PRIDE-Salary-For-UFC-Deal.html)

And then Hansen wasn't allowed to fight again until his contract was finally terminated when the Fertittas closed down Pride.

So in the meantime, he had been left in limbo - unable to fight elsewhere and unwilling to accept half of what he had signed for to then come fight in the UFC.

Also, Hansen claimed that the UFC had wanted him to "sell his soul" to them when it came to signing a UFC contract - and that he "would rather fight for free, then to bend down to them. My soul is not for sale."

"Zuffa LLC, parent company of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, officially released Hansen (15-6-1) from his contract last month, a contract it inherited with its purchase of PRIDE Fighting Championships on March 27. The Norwegian lightweight did not mince words when it came to discussing the Las Vegas-based promotion.

"I just hope people understand that the problems [with Zuffa] weren't about the money," Hansen said. "It was about them treating me with honor and keeping their word. I would rather fight for free, then to bend down to them. My soul is not for sale."

(http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/i-would-rather-fight-free-then-bend-down-them-zuffa-joachim-hansen-689140/)

So Hansen was upset that Zuffa would only pay him half of what his existing contract had called for, and then wanted him to "bend down to them" in signing a new contract, and then sat him out until terminating him.