Joe Rogan safe but Miguel Torres cut?

Why isn't she supposed to do it?

Joe is a comedian, part of the job is saying controversial shit, comedy involves taking risks.

I don't think Miguel should have been fired, and for Dana to get on a high horse about rape jokes after his "cunt and faggot" diatribe is laughable. If he were to just say Miguel has become a liability with his comments and we just can't afford to risk it now, I'd have no problem. But his justifications and exceptions just rub me the wrong way.

btw Mike Tyson has said 10x worse about rape and things in general, and is a convicted rapist, and Dana worships the guy. just doesn't make sense.

Joe, do you wonder about the UFC possibly reprimanding or firing you in the event that you make a "distasteful" joke on twitter, possibly even about rape? Or does Dana have the sensibility to realize that you are a comedian, and that absolutely nothing should be off limits as far as subject matter.

Hurricane Ditka - btw Mike Tyson has said 10x worse about rape and things in general, and is a convicted rapist, and Dana worships the guy. just doesn't make sense.

Yep.

IBProfane - Joe, do you wonder about the UFC possibly reprimanding or firing you in the event that you make a "distasteful" joke on twitter, possibly even about rape? Or does Dana have the sensibility to realize that you are a comedian, and that absolutely nothing should be off limits as far as subject matter.

I wouldn't worry about that, he'd protect Joe as Joe worked for free when the UFC was in a bind starting up.

Just as he protected Rashad w/ his ridiculous distinction. He said Rashad's Penn St. joke was okay because he was trying to fuck with Davis and he could understand that. Well, Rashad make a kiddie sex joke crack with the intention to offend, that is okay, but Miguel making a similar joke to entertain his followers is despicable, that's fucking ass backwards.

Dana should just admit the truth and be done with it, Jimmy Johnson was fairly forward when coaching the Cowboys - star players get better treatment. Joe, Rashad, himself and Forrest are more important financially than Miguel so Miguel gets treated differently. Fine, I can buy that, no problem. Don't BS Dana.

The fact the Joe Rogan is even in this discussion is bullshit. He's a comedian and whatever is said no matter how distasteful or insensitive it should be taken with a grain of salt. The shit that he says on his podcast or on stage pure entertainment and the UFC new this when they asked him to commentate for them. Now if Joe's in a different setting where he's not trying to be funny then address it, other than that, shut the fuck up about Rogan.

Forrest and Rashad on the other hand made stupid comments and should be punished in some way shape or form. Dana has been put in a bind and someone had to be the fall guy. It's unfortunate for Torres because at this point in career with the UFC, he's the low man on the totem pole. Forrest and Evans mean more to the UFC and that's why they get a free pass. I wish Dana would have said that in his interview, at least I would have walked away with more respect for him. His excuse about Torres' comments be unforgivable was bullshit compared to some of the shit he's over the years.

Jason -  Classy post Joe!

Any post with a vagina being penetrated is immediately classy in my book!

As a man who prefers playing in the mud, I'm usually just an inch away from classy.

It's a very shitty thing as a fan seeing Torres being let go, but I'm not gonna judge the man that makes the calls.

There's always more to the story.

He's changed his mind before, so I wouldn't put it past the guy who's fuckin' name is Dana "Fuckin" White to give someone a second chance at a career in the UFC after releasing them for vulgarity.

As far as comparing him to Joe Rogan (Sup bro! :nerdgasm:) you can't. Joe's a professional comedian, so he can't be held responsible for the words that come out of his mouth. It's the sick fucks like us that he's trying to entertain, so even if it's not for you-someone else is dying of laughter. You shouldn't be offended by comedy, as it's just that...comedy.

The bigger issue here is the fighters are being asked and even rewarded for stepping out and being in the public eye.

The funniest/craziest/loudest usually reap the most benefits.

Miguel Torres was obviously trying to be funny and daring with his tweet. Other fighters have done the same by tweeting about the topic of rape in a humorous way, but are still employed with the UFC.

There's gotta be more to the story. Phone Post

Consistancy in the UFC, how does it work?

I wish Patrice was around to comment on this. He'd give the wee bald Napoleon a proper verbal beating. Phone Post

Blue?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/danaheartrate.jpg/

AngryFoamy - 

Consistancy in the UFC, how does it work?

I think it starts with spelling consistency correctly.

editing it

Mc6pack - 
Joe Rogan - 
As for me, and the example you used my daughter wasn't "playing with her snatch" she was sticking a finger in there because she knows she's not supposed to do it, and because she was being defiant because she didn't want to go to bed.
<br type="_moz" />

I can see how this could offend some people but as a father of two girls I think its hilarious, all young children play with themselves absentmindedly, its natural. The natural reaction as a parent is to tell them to stop it. Using that as an act of defiance is.. well its something I could image my youngest doing when she's out of nappies, she's already shouting back and stamping her feet.

i have two kids and find it hilarious....this society sucks dick ,,,,people cant take a joke

i could spend 2 hours here talking about society and the way USA has affected other countries with their "values" (im from Puerto Rico born and raised and have been on the USA for 4 years now)i wish i could tell the stories of me , Puerto Rico and USA

quite a change of pace...shit i remember 12+ years this shit would have been perfectly fine

people need to stop taking shit too fucking serious

-Gerbacio

Damaynevent - The fact the Joe Rogan is even in this discussion is bullshit. He's a comedian and whatever is said no matter how distasteful or insensitive it should be taken with a grain of salt. The shit that he says on his podcast or on stage pure entertainment and the UFC new this when they asked him to commentate for them. Now if Joe's in a different setting where he's not trying to be funny then address it, other than that, shut the fuck up about Rogan.

VOTED THE FUCK UP 

TopGrinder - 
Joe Rogan - 
TopGrinder -  Joe Rogan has said far worse than any of these guys. The dude has spoken about his daughter playing with her own snatch for fuck sakes. Thats ok but not for Torres to repeat a poor taste joke? proves if you are not in Danas inner circle then u armt worth shit to him. Amazing similairities to the mob, perhaps Dana is follwing their biz model by pulling heavies on everyone one... fuckin bullshit...

Miguel was actually quoting a tv show, "It's always sunny in philadelphia."

I'm very sad that he was released, and I think Miguel is a very talented fighter and a funny dude.  Fighters often have very harsh and "dangerous" senses of humor.  I'm sure he meant no harm and was just trying to be entertaining.  Hopefully this will blow over in time.

As for me, and the example you used my daughter wasn't "playing with her snatch" she was sticking a finger in there because she knows she's not supposed to do it, and because she was being defiant because she didn't want to go to bed.  That really happened, and it was hilarious which is why I talked about it onstage at a comedy show.  It's hardly the same thing as a rape van joke on twitter, but like I said I'm very sad that Miguel was released.

well Joe i found your story about your daughter in extreme poor taste and i was offended about it.

Believe it or not, this type of actions is extremely common for young children.  It's as common as buger eating, or any of the other gross stuff they do.  They stick their fingers in their ears, eyes, nose, mouth, etc.  It sounds gross, but it really is innocent.  It's not sexual in any way.  It's just kids doing weird kid shit.  I wouldn't discuss it publicly for everyone to hear if my kids did something like that, but I don't get paid to stand up in front of people and talk about weird shit.

As a parent, I don't find Joe's comments gross or offensive..... just very blunt and open.

Josh J - 
TopGrinder - 
Joe Rogan - 
TopGrinder -  Joe Rogan has said far worse than any of these guys. The dude has spoken about his daughter playing with her own snatch for fuck sakes. Thats ok but not for Torres to repeat a poor taste joke? proves if you are not in Danas inner circle then u armt worth shit to him. Amazing similairities to the mob, perhaps Dana is follwing their biz model by pulling heavies on everyone one... fuckin bullshit...

Miguel was actually quoting a tv show, "It's always sunny in philadelphia."
I'm very sad that he was released, and I think Miguel is a very talented fighter and a funny dude.  Fighters often have very harsh and "dangerous" senses of humor.  I'm sure he meant no harm and was just trying to be entertaining.  Hopefully this will blow over in time.

As for me, and the example you used my daughter wasn't "playing with her snatch" she was sticking a finger in there because she knows she's not supposed to do it, and because she was being defiant because she didn't want to go to bed.  That really happened, and it was hilarious which is why I talked about it onstage at a comedy show.  It's hardly the same thing as a rape van joke on twitter, but like I said I'm very sad that Miguel was released.

well Joe i found your story about your daughter in extreme poor taste and i was offended about it.

Believe it or not, this type of actions is extremely common for young children.  It's as common as buger eating, or any of the other gross stuff they do.  They stick their fingers in their ears, eyes, nose, mouth, etc.  It sounds gross, but it really is innocent.  It's not sexual in any way.  It's just kids doing weird kid shit.  I wouldn't discuss it publicly for everyone to hear if my kids did something like that, but I don't get paid to stand up in front of people and talk about weird shit.

As a parent, I don't find Joe's comments gross or offensive..... just very blunt and open.

This.

TopGrinder - Everyone should let Dana know how they feel by sending him a tweet. Im sure that will get him to rethink things after getting twitter blasted

Doubtful. I'm guessing Dana has been twitter bombed before and he could care less. Phone Post

Like I said in one of my posts somewhere regarding this thread, Miguel has every right to sue Dana. I bet there was nothing in his contract that dissallowed freedom of speech. What Miguel said was in bad taste but I doubt Miguel's contract wasn't drawn up with limited freedom of speech in mind.