Joe Rogans worst moment

touch -

far from his worst moment, D. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxYSleOX6c

Come on man, a slip up on one word while in front of some super powerful people sitting around and staring at him on one of the biggest days for the UFC with a camera Pointed at his face? Most people with go into full panic mode. 

forumnewb - 
D241 - https://youtu.be/tgsoRzIrBYM?t=30

It was bad at the time, in hindsight, it's even worse.

Definitely not his best moment. He’s still super cool, hella funny, very open minded. But this is arguably his most “cringe” moment to date.

Please find the video clip where Rogan describes Rousey’s striking skils as… “k1 level” “world class”

No way.  That did not happen.  No way he said that.  I don't believe it and would have to see video for me to believe it.  You have to be misremembering or something.  k1 level, no way would Rogan say that about Ronda.  No way. 

She was consistently a poor sport who talked mad shit, got exposed as one dimensional, then ducked out. Yes she was the first female "superstar" but she was no Royce Gracie. Royce consistently beat guys 100+ lbs heavier than himself, and other greats such as Sakuraba. 

The hype train got derailed and Joe was too emotional to see it for some reason. He's usually spot on. 

1 Like
forumnewb -

Definitely not his best moment. He’s still super cool, hella funny, very open minded. But this is arguably his most “cringe” moment to date.

Please find the video clip where Rogan describes Rousey’s striking skils as… “k1 level” "world class"

I like joe, I do but, hes human and makes mistakes 

Just like I’ve heard him say “that’s world boxing there” 

And, for someone as knowledgeable on boxing as him. Why didnt he notice rondas shadow boxing . I’m smirking thinking about her in that gif right now hahaha

HELWIG - 

No, Kirik. Just no.

Joe was caught up in the hysteria of Ronda mania and drank the flavor aid.

She had nowhere near the competition of all time female athletes like Serena or Babe Diedrichson.

Even within WMMA Ronda had nowhere near the longevity of Becky Levi, Marloes, Megumi, etc.

She simply had a narrative that the UFC shamlessly exploited and convinced clueless media talking heads to go along with.

Shame on Rogan because he knew better. He had seen so much history that to be brought to tears by Ronda is laughable.

This.

Wasa-B - Rogan is cool in my books.

He's about as meh as they come, it's more about an interesting guest than him.

i like rogans go to excuse, ‘im a moron’.

spjackson77 -
Kirik -

Guys knock it off. In 2015 Ronda was #3 for Google's top trending people; #4 was Donald Trump. Her MMA career ended up with two losses, and instead of hanging on, she moved on to the WWE, and was for a time accordng the Meltzer the top draw there. Ronda Rousey was a phenomenon.

And my greatest wish now is that that she is far an happy. As opposed to being punchy.

Yep, it was completely appropriate at the time. Whatever happened afterwards is completely irrelevant. This is like giving shit to everyone who voted OJ Simpson as the heisman winner. Didn't they know he was going to be involved in a double murder later? SMH

Ronda herself was a phenom at the time but everyone here was still WTF!? when Rogan got weepy on air while interviewing her.

Its not just changing opinion in hindsight.

This is how Ronda should be remembered.

D241 -
forumnewb - 

Please find the video clip where Rogan describes Rousey’s striking skils as… “k1 level” “world class”

No way.  That did not happen.  No way he said that.  I don't believe it and would have to see video for me to believe it.  You have to be misremembering or something.  k1 level, no way would Rogan say that about Ronda.  No way. 

He definitely did, he also called her a 10 once...

GayBred -
touch -

Come on man, a slip up on one word while in front of some super powerful people sitting around and staring at him on one of the biggest days for the UFC with a camera Pointed at his face? Most people with go into full panic mode. 

yeah but it was funny, no need to get defensive. I love Joe as much as the next guy, I'm sure he had a good laugh out of it later too 

Kirik - 

Guys knock it off. In 2015 Ronda was #3 for Google's top trending people; #4 was Donald Trump. Her MMA career ended up with two losses, and instead of hanging on, she moved on to the WWE, and was for a time accordng the Meltzer the top draw there. Ronda Rousey was a phenomenon.

And my greatest wish now is that that she is far an happy. As opposed to being punchy.

Being a top trending person proves she had a lot of hype. That’s about all it proves, though. The video proves Joe believed the hype as well, and it’s cringe-worthy.

It doesn’t matter if Ronda left for the WWE or to be a meat packer. She left looking like a bully and leaving an impression of someone who could’t take a loss like a true champ.

I’m glad she’s not punchy. For that we can agree.

touch -

ha ha thanks for bringing that up

Kirik -

Greatest can crusher of all time

spjackson77 -
Kirik -

Yep, it was completely appropriate at the time. Whatever happened afterwards is completely irrelevant. This is like giving shit to everyone who voted OJ Simpson as the heisman winner. Didn't they know he was going to be involved in a double murder later? SMH

No, it was completely overblown at the time.  Joe literally said during the Brazil event that the fans were reaching out just to touch her on the way to the octagon as if she was a deity or something.  get the fuck out of here.  they literally touch every fighter that walks out.  The gushing about Ronda was always crazy hyperbole and had nothing to do with her getting exposed two fights in a row later on.  That was just delicious comeuppance 

Tmaguru -
Kirik -

Everyone loved her til she lost.

Fans of everything suck but mma fans are the Dyson of fans.

No.

You must be new.  

1 Like
Jive Turkey -
Kirik -

Greatest can crusher of all time

Only if you consider every female mma fighter a can.

1 Like
touch -
chilz -

Watching that again, Joe was reading the prompter. Fox screwed that up. Not him. 

yeah the teleprompter said "let me introdooth"

lol

I just want to reemphasize something here.

Ronda is a terrible role model in some ways. But, Joe is 100% right that she was an amazing role model insofar as she showed that women belonged in combat sports and that she showed a pathway for girls interested in participating.

The past decade has seen a tremendous growth in girls wrestling. I have been on the ground to witness it and it’s spectacular. There is no doubt that Ronda’s role was no insignificant.