Jogging in a fight should be illegal/penalized

Dreville79 -

It’s a fucking cage dude, if you can’t close down a fighter who’s jogging away from you, drill angles. You don’t get away from Ferguson or Covington by jogging, they’ll be on you 

Tony "running" last Saturday was 10x worse than mcgregor against Diaz but not a peep from these dopes. Its a fight if you have to "run" to reset that's what you do 

HillboFrateTrane -
Sayomi -

Everybody was fine when Conor did it against Nate the second fight.

Not me. In the 25ish years of being a fan I think Conor is unequivocally the worst thing to ever happen to the sport. Even worse than UFC 33. 

Worse thant UFC 78?

HillboFrateTrane - 
Sayomi -

Everybody was fine when Conor did it against Nate the second fight.

Not me. In the 25ish years of being a fan I think Conor is unequivocally the worst thing to ever happen to the sport. Even worse than UFC 33. 

I believe that I agree with you about Conor.

Brother rabbitte -
Dreville79 -

It’s a fucking cage dude, if you can’t close down a fighter who’s jogging away from you, drill angles. You don’t get away from Ferguson or Covington by jogging, they’ll be on you 

Tony "running" last Saturday was 10x worse than mcgregor against Diaz but not a peep from these dopes. Its a fight if you have to "run" to reset that's what you do 

It’s usually butthurt Diaz fans that bring up running because they can’t understand how badly Carlos owned Nick 

You're not wrong, if it's impacting the flow of the fight. If a guy like Volkanovski were to slip away to avoid a flurry and run across the cage to get set up again and re-engage, well you can hardly fault him for that. Sometimes fights require quick thinking and quick doing to avoid damage. Now if you're Caleb Starnes, well, you need points deducted bro. 

bbomber -

That's stupid. Fighting is about hurting the other guy and not getting hurt. The defensive part of the equation is just as important as the offensive part.

Maybe they should also ban slipping and blocking. Offense only, no defense allowed. 

they should make the cage the size of a football field so fighters can put their cardio defense on full display

But Izzy is the next big thing.  I’ll bet that his next fight does 400k.