John Kavanagh charging $70 for speaking tour

This and many forums of full of people complaining that someone is charging for their service. We all have to make a living and John has put his dues in to earn a payment for his services.

Instead of complaint about paying for a service just say "I don't value it" and don't go. There are many people who do value learning from the experience of other people. They're the ones who aren't complaining all the time and accomplishing goals.

vidavaletudo - 
Sir Psycho Sexy - Have you ever seen a guy ride his fighters coattails as much as John Kavanagh? He loves the media spotlight. Written a book, and now hes doing a worldwide speaking tour called 'win or learn, a night with John Kavanagh. $70 a ticket here in sydney, or $129 for a meet ane greet. Just seems funny to me. You dont see other top coaches like Firas or Greg Jackson doing this sort of thing.
He's Conors's equivalent of Ronda's Edmund; a clueless SOB who hit gold.

So wrong...

Guy got lucky and is now milking it. His BFF Ariel Heleani is helping him as well

Good for him

70 more than OP can charge suckin dicks

$70 and ya crying OP????

i had a friend quote me $50 for a training session- and that was a "discounted rate" according to my "friend" 

when i asked him what's up with the high rate/ and bought up the friend card he apologised but said he needed to make a living. 

As for credentials- hmm, his greatest achievement was going on the juice and showing others how to get big like him if that counts 

Any other fighter or coach does it and its a seminar. John Kavanagh does it and its a "Speaking Tour" thats charging too much. You mad at McGregor still for killing your heros 

So how mych is it to train wifh him for 5 minutes. 700$?

Wow at some people acting like any gym owner/trainer would have made Conor good if they were lucky enough to have him show up to train there. Kavanagh deservers major credit for making McGregor a great fighter. 

...And what's so wrong about making money the legit way? He has paid his dues and it's a short window of opportunity to make money in this sport, so why not go for it?

My Father always used to say to me "Make hay while the sun shines, faggot".

Sound advice really. 

This is still a young sport overall. Seems that this Coach Kav guy is a real pioneer in the game.

CRE - This is still a young sport overall. Seems that this Coach Kav guy is a real pioneer in the game.

Acknowledgement of your troll post aside, when it comes to Irish MMA, he actually is.

Do you guys live under rocks??? In just about every industry people pay huge money to hear people talk. In this case you would have aspiring and current trainers as well as some fans. Conor is one great story, and this is the man who helped in a big way. $70 would be seen as a cheap investment. 

Elias Cepeda -

He's an excellent, proven coach in the world's toughest sport. It's only natural that people would want to read and hear what he's got to say. 

He's produced one consistent fighter of note....One.

Maldini2706 -
Rhys91 -

Seems like a good guy but outside of Conor who has he taught that's went onto to do big things? 

Gunnar Nelson is a top 10 170er

Pendred, Daly and Holohan all had winning records in the UFC before retiring

Lobov is 2-2

John Phillips has signed with the UFC

Several other UFC fighters have joined including Amirkhani, Lapilus

In Bellator:

James Gallagher is 3-0 and 6-0 overall
Not one of these guys will be a "draw" or a champ in the UFC. Besides Nelson and Conor, his guys are mediocre.

Kavanagh is a great speaker and a hell of a coach...I would say you would get your $70 worth.

GoldbergsAdderall -
Elias Cepeda -

He's an excellent, proven coach in the world's toughest sport. It's only natural that people would want to read and hear what he's got to say. 

He's produced one consistent fighter of note....One.
With the size talent pool he has to draw from, he's done great. His 1 consistent fighter, happens to be one of the very best fighters in the world. Not to mention the half dozen other ufc fighters he's produced. Most top coaches have people migrate from other places, most of their fighters weren't built by them, from the ground up. How many top fighters has Firas built from the ground up?

GoldbergsAdderall -
Maldini2706 -
Rhys91 -

Seems like a good guy but outside of Conor who has he taught that's went onto to do big things? 

Gunnar Nelson is a top 10 170er

Pendred, Daly and Holohan all had winning records in the UFC before retiring

Lobov is 2-2

John Phillips has signed with the UFC

Several other UFC fighters have joined including Amirkhani, Lapilus

In Bellator:

James Gallagher is 3-0 and 6-0 overall
Not one of these guys will be a "draw" or a champ in the UFC. Besides Nelson and Conor, his guys are mediocre.
So yes he has produced multiple UFC level fighters from an extremely small pool.

Also Amirkhan isn't really Kavanaughs product but does training camps there before fights. Atleast for a few weeks

Fabes -

He's trying to make a living. Not sure why that deserves criticism. 

This

Good for him! Nice to see a trainer do ok.