John Kavanagh charging $70 for speaking tour

Bears gotta eat!! He obviously is a knowledgeable person so why not make money off it? What is he just supposed to sit back and not earn a living. We all have to take advantage of our talents. The man isn't hurting anyone so what's the big deal?

Why hate on someone for making a living, when I met the guy around 99 he had just gotten his blue and was teaching classes in a school gym, at that time very few in Ireland had heard of MMA let alone knew what it was.
I was very impressed with his coaching style and his grappling was as good as any purple that I had rolled with in the US.
At the end of the day if you don't think it's worth it then don't pay it, the market will decide.
Why be a hater? at least he's not channeling the ghost of farmer Burnes or something.

Sir Psycho Sexy -
Conor McGregor -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Have you ever seen a guy ride his fighters coattails as much as John Kavanagh? He loves the media spotlight. Written a book, and now hes doing a worldwide speaking tour called 'win or learn, a night with John Kavanagh. $70 a ticket here in sydney, or $129 for a meet ane greet. Just seems funny to me. You dont see other top coaches like Firas or Greg Jackson doing this sort of thing.

He's supposed to tour for free? How fucking dumb are you?

Lol did i hurt your feelings, fan boy?
Why not just admit that you might have had a momentary lapse in judgement. We all do, at times. Instead, you double down.

Let him eat, bro

Sir Psycho Sexy - He got lucky having Conor walk into his gym. I doubt he has any secrets that other coaches dont have.

He's had several fighters do good in the UFC, not everyone can be champ. I'd say this criticism applies more to Edmond who would have never coached any decent fighter if not for Ronda, who would have done good anywhere at the time.

More power to him and any other coach who want to make money out of the sport.

Behind the scenes there are many unpaid hours let them make bank when they can.

Fair dues to him, he was one of the pioneers of BJJ/MMA in Ireland.

Haters are masturbators.

He is one of the most interesting and insightful guys that comes on the MMA Hour. You say he's lucky Conor walked into his gym I say Conor's lucky he walked into his gym. Conor always mentions how much respect he has for John and there's a reason for that.

Rhys91 -

Seems like a good guy but outside of Conor who has he taught that's went onto to do big things? 

Gunnar Nelson is a top 10 170er

Pendred, Daly and Holohan all had winning records in the UFC before retiring

Lobov is 2-2

John Phillips has signed with the UFC

Several other UFC fighters have joined including Amirkhani, Lapilus

In Bellator:

James Gallagher is 3-0 and 6-0 overall

If he can make money doing it, fair play to him.

Never understood the crabs in a bucket mentality surrounding MMA.

^^^ fake vu!

"Cash me outside" girl makes 40k for a public appearance. What is the problem with Kavanagh making a little money speaking? At least he actually has knowledge, and shit worth learning.

Nick Diaz still GOAT - I was like John Danaher, good deal. this not so much. Firas and Jackson could charge that much and be worth it though.

Couldn't it be argued that Firaz "got lucky" GSP walked into his gym? (Paraphrasing poster above) 

I think he's a great coach and MMA mind,  but to cite "successful" coaches as being worthy of the $, surely opens them up to who they've taught from scratch and helped mould them into champs.  Even Jon J joined Jacksons after his first few MMA fights. 

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - "Cash me outside" girl makes 40k for a public appearance. What is the problem with Kavanagh making a little money speaking? At least he actually has knowledge, and shit worth learning.
Is that true?

probably just gonna spout lines cribbed from every self-help book in the known galaxy like "The Secret".  

Conor McGazelle -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - "Cash me outside" girl makes 40k for a public appearance. What is the problem with Kavanagh making a little money speaking? At least he actually has knowledge, and shit worth learning.
Is that true?
Yes, 30k or 40k.

kanor_son -

probably just gonna spout lines cribbed from every self-help book in the known galaxy like "The Secret".  

151 posts and this is the best you could come up with?? 

the accent alone is worth the money

Who gives a shit, nobody's forcing you to go you salty bastard

Seems fair way to make some coin to me...