John McCain

i dont give 2 shits about his military "heroism" its wasnt his right to take fights on ppv from us. if he runs for president, i will vote- for the first time- against him

McCain crawled thru boocou rice patties fighting off Charlie so you cou;ld sit here today and have this debate of free speech...his initial opposition against Ultimate Fighting was misguided to a large degree with the reasons behind his agenda remaining a political cunundrum to this day....but the sanctioning and governing of the sport along with athletic commmission institution of necessary safety rules was an indirect result of his negative crusade against the spectacle which contributed to the evolution of the sport that has evolved for us to enjoy....HIS NEGATIVITY MAY HAVE BEEN A NECESSARY EVIL WHICH THE SPORT HAD TO HURDLE IN ORDER TO GET WHERE IT IS TODAY...IF IT WASN'T HIM IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE ELSE..

nice description by brianmeyers.

Who cares about his military service. Hoorah to him for serving his country. It means absolutely nothing when it comes to the issue of mma or politics.

I too wished McCain was president... until I read that Ken out-debated him...

(no offense to Shamrock, who is very well spoken, but he's a pro fighter and McCain is a professional Larry King guest... or something.)

Very interesting thread, I went through the same shit about 10 years ago to get this sport legitimized in Louisiana and basically the same points were brought up in front of our commission to get it passed with a doctor I knew that backed me up on all the same reasons !!! And 20 years ago, I had to get Kickboxing accepted as a legitimate sport for our commission in Louisiana. So thanks god we are all making progress. Have faith guys this sport will succeed !

"And now I'm reading this and had no idea he was a boxing fan and possibly linked to boxing commisions. So he's a fuc tard and possibly corrupt."

I believe it's "Fuck tard."

And re: the rest? welcome to politics, baby. Everybody's got some sort of baggage or moral shortcomings. Doesn't mean they don't do their job well, and McCain is a damn fine senator, other than than this shameless cheerleading for Bush, that he can barely pull off with a straight face, that will never pay off for him...

i'm not sure it's fair to assume that mccain has been "bought" by the boxing associations, etc.

one thing that mccain has actively campaigned for the past 10-15 years is for reform in boxing, in order to rid it of the corruption and abuse that takes place. he's sponsored two bills through Congress, the Professional Boxing Safety Act, and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, both of which try to protect boxers against corrupt promoters, managers, sanctioning bodies, and athletic commissions. i think that mccain was likely uneducated about mma, but i would say that he has been a great advocate for boxers.

every politician is somebodys bitch, they all say one thing and do another. money and power, makes them evil. Case in point. The fda(goverment agency) has stated that Only a drug can cure disease. Is there any drug that cures anything. NO! though there are a plenty that merely trade symptoms. They say that ephdra killed 160 some people and was dangerous. bullshit, what else were these people doing that was dangerous to their health. the truth of the matter is that if you compare that CORRALATIVE death toll to actual death tolls of any FDA approved anything whould dwarf that amount. Over the counter pain killers alone where accountable for many times that amount of people killed. Why isnt the FDA looking out for us, you ask, MONEY! For one all of the whos who in the FDA are heavily invested in pharmacuticals. not a single one cures anything. There is no money in cures. Do you seriously think thay if they allowed a cure for cancer or aids that they would actually market it, when you have johnny AIDS paying thousands of dollars a month for wonderful life extending drugs. The sure help you live longer (barring a lifestyle change). Livinig longer helps them milk you for every penny you are worth. They say that cancer is genetic, bullshit. It has been documented that cancer arises from a ph imbalance. Can you grow a plant in soil whos ph is not correct for tha given species. If you ask any farmer or johnny greenhouse they will confirm at least that. If ph did not affect our health then we could drink battery acid and be fine (all it is, is highly acidic water). But I think we all know better. let me dare any to drink a bottle of "preservitaves" and see how it affects you. Preservatives are fda approved. Still dont beleive me. Riddle me this, Since medical science has gotten better along with the quality of our food, why has....
CANCER, DIABETES, OBESITY, and NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE been ON THE RISE. The sicker we are the more we spend on DRUGS (weird chemicals). That has everything and nothing to do with this thread and John Mccain. props if u actually read my thread. I usally skip the longer ones myself. By the way, the NCAA is now banned Grapefruit extract. appearantly Grapefruits are toxic.

by the way acid eats things. the stronger, the quicker. The weaker, the slower.

cat pukes from insidious poisoning

i don't remember seeing the ken shamrock - john mccain debate on larry king; sounds good. i'm surprised that shammy could hold up vs a professional speaker like mccain. i do remember seeing SEG president bob meyrowitz on nightline with ted koppel defending ufc in the 90s. mccain seems to have done more damage to american vale tudo, e.g. 1990's ufc, than anybody else single-handedly.

to people who are generalizing this to be a republican issue: it's not. mccain is not a typical republican. he was the only republican senator to vote against pres bush's tax cut. he's somewhere in the middle. that's why kerry tried hard to recruit him onto the democrat ticket for last november. also, schwarzenegger is an mma advocate, and republican. republicans generally prefer to de-regulate.

repooplican or demoncrat either way you get a heaping serving of penis.