Jon Jones: "Henderson is a one trick pony" (vid)

Wasa-B -
Prikaza -  Ughh..

No wonder so many people dislike this dude... Everything he says sounds so insincere and cocky. The guy basically has no personality. 0.

Also hate the way he's putting fighters down at the same time when he's praising their skills. "Hendo is a beast, he's a legend, everyone knows he's a one trick pony, he has that KO power.

I mean creds to the guy for what he's done in the octagon. The kid's a beast, but he definitely won't ever make me a fan.
I'm reallyyy hoping the H-Bomb lands eventhough I'm pretty sure Bones takes it without trouble. Phone Post

cocky = no personality?

No but the fact that he's cocky and arrogant like that sure isn't helping.. Phone Post

Is there anything you guys won't hate JBJ for?

Dude is already one of the best ever. Young. Exciting fights. Crazy violent finishes. Still has huge potential.

oh he said something that could be perceived as cocky? WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Needs to move up to heavy weight.... he is a freakin giant

I think Dan is a helluva competitor and great ambassador for the sport ... but he's an undersized LHW, hasn't fought in almost a year, and hasn't looked the greatest when he has fought LHWs since who? Babalu?

Yeah, he turned Fedor's light's out. But Fedor is in the twilight of his career and was also coming off of being turned into hamburger by Bigfoot.

Jones has smashed the best light heavies in the world.

Hendo has KO power and can end the fight with a strong counter - but in reality - it's all he has.

stonepony - 
Wasa-B - 
stonepony - 
OneGloveJimmerson - Still………………….That one trick really really really really really works

I think JJ agrees with that... He didn't have anything but good things to say about DH in this video. He said he's 1-trick, he also described him as a winner... Obviously he knows that "1 trick" works.

The haters are just desperate, and they're going to be even angrier after JJ's next destructive victory over another dominant Pride superstar.

After he crushes Dan, an immense accomplishment, they still won't give him any credit. You just can't take them seriously.

Lol, i was with that until the Pride superstar thing. Hendo is just Hendo. Like the Jones haters, you're trying to turn this into something else.

Not really. I'm a big DH fan. He is one of the GOATs. If he beats JJ, he is the GOAT.

But there are those people, idiots, who pick anybody and everybody that made a name in Pride. They don't actually think DH is going to win, they're just saying it because they think they're supposed to. Same reason they KNEW Rua would smash JJ.

None of them will actually be putting money on it.

I think honestly maybe you cant let the Pride thing go. How many people really think of Dan at this point as a "Pride" guy and not as just "Hendo?"

disbeliever - The comment about being a one trick pony was not rude. The comment about how it won't look good if a college wrestler takes down an olympic one was clearly to get under Dan's skin in someway

Agreed. I doubt it will but not a bad thing to say to attempt to get under one's skin or to get the opponent thinking about that kind of thing.

confusionSay - Besides the H-bomb, Hendo has shown incredible fight IQ. Slipping out the back door against Fedor was something I've never seen before (and it broke my heart, sniffle) but I would also chalk up his lack of KO or TKO loss to that. He's fought a lot of heavy-handed dudes, it's pretty remarkable no one's caught him.

That is basic wrestling 101. Its similar to pulling guard and hooking the single from your back (what Shogun always goes for and tried repeatedly against Jones). Its not really IQ so much imo as testament to Dan's durability. He gets dropped a lot but has that chin and fighting instinct still when he's hurt and as you mentioned, the wrestling to get him out of those bad spots. What made the sequence unique is that Hendo popped out so quickly and then popped Fedor with that upper cut so fast and rocked him with the one punch. True, i dont think that kind of sequence has happened in a major fight like that but its instinctive for any wrestler to try and base back out from their backs to their knees back to a leg attach position.

What I also saw was that Fedor went for the kill too carelessly like he did with Werdum. Werdum being the BJJ guy triangled him. Hendo being the wrestler, slipped around thru a single leg.

I think Dan's game is super basic but he's perfected it and with his power, durability, wrestling, it makes it difficult to put him away. Shogun did come close but didnt have the gas. I dont think Dan was particularly that hurt when he was mounted but Shogun didnt have the juice to turn it up and that was also because he got beat up earlier from Hendo.

I think it does show how lethal of a killer Anderson is though.

And as far as Dan's wrestling, it did most certainly save and give him the opp to put Fedor's lights out but its still never been used to great effect offensively. Dan uses it more opportunisticly imo where Jones uses it methodically and in sophisticated fashion like GSP in how he mixes it up and sets it up.

Dan has never been impossible to td and though he has great defense on the ground, I see him having a lot of trouble with Jones on top of him. Jones has maybe the best ground attack in the game right now: he's got the tds to put you there, he's got the control to keep you there and he's got the GNP to hurt you while you're there and has the positional and submission ability to make him even more dangerous. This is where I think Jones wins. I would also expect Jones to put Dan away in similar fashion as Anderson. Wear him down over the course of the fight, hurt him with GNP and then get a sub. I dont think it will happen until 4 or 5 though. Dan is tough and a survivor but i dont think he will be able to withstand the GNP and subs when he gets grinded on the ground.

Im not discounting Dan's chances of landing the right though but Jones' reach and td ability will leave Dan reaching imo.

dustin dustin - Im being honest. Im looking for any reason i can find to hate on jones. So what. I wish ill towards him. And?

And.....nothing really....other than making you look pretty desperate and insecure. No one is saying you cant hate on him, it just makes you look as noted.

GIBB0 - 

The jones hate is actually starting to get to a point where I can't go into threads about him anymore and I'm not a jones fan.

We get it, you want him to lose because y'all don't like him.

You don't have to make up stuff about him cutting 40 lbs, being too big, being overrated or that he's terrible person.

Its impossible to have a normal discussion regarding Jones on this forum. Phone Post

Fucking this!

I have never seen a guy get so much blind hate.

Someone saying Hendo is a one trick pony is a shocker?... Really? Hendo has been constantly trying to land that one big shot for quite a while now. Obviously he has MANY other skills but that has been his big go to for some time.

JBJ wants to be the first guy to TKO Hendo, and that is a problem because?.....

Being dull, boring, and lacking self confidence does not get you very far in this world...let alone a UFC title, multiple defenses against former champs, and main stream sponsorship deals. It also doesn't sell PPV's, or set records. Hate Jones all you want but obviously he is doing something right.

Jones has been exciting in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he has had, and has completely destroyed every person they put in front of him. How many other people can you say that about? But for some reason people want to see him fail.

MMA and the UFC really need stand out stars to really take things to the next level. GSP and Silva have done a great job, but JBJ is still extremely young and could be that guy to really take things up a notch. As the Nike deal has shown, he is certainly on the right track.

Loadin76 -  In the immortal words of Doc Holliday - "Now I really hate him".

10/10 Phone Post

Won't be watching. Jones to diaf.

no filter - what did he say that is incorrect?

everyone knows hendos only shot is the right hand

haters gonna keep hating after jones destroys trt dan

He has good ko power in his left to jackass. Phone Post

You won't find a bigger Hendo fan than me. With that said, I completely understand Hendo is the underdog here but to call him a one trick pony is just silly.

He was complimentary of Dan so I don't think there is any intent there. He better make sure he never ends up on the wrong end of a roll.

WAR HENDO! Phone Post

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - 
no filter - what did he say that is incorrect?

everyone knows hendos only shot is the right hand

haters gonna keep hating after jones destroys trt dan

He has good ko power in his left to jackass. Phone Post

Ask Fedor and wand about that too.

He was the top greco guy in the US for more than just one year and is a gold metal winner in the Pan am games too. a separate trick.

jasonhightower - You won't find a bigger Hendo fan than me. With that said, I completely understand Hendo is the underdog here but to call him a one trick pony is just silly.

He was complimentary of Dan so I don't think there is any intent there. He better make sure he never ends up on the wrong end of a roll.

WAR HENDO! Phone Post

When compared with Jones bag of tolls he pretty much is a one trick pony.

All he has is that overhand right that jones will be prepared for. Even if it lands Jones chin is probably the most underated chin in the ufc. Party bc very few can connect with it, but the shots that have he has shrugged of like nothing happened. Phone Post

AGC IV -
jasonhightower - You won't find a bigger Hendo fan than me. With that said, I completely understand Hendo is the underdog here but to call him a one trick pony is just silly.

WAR HENDO! Phone Post

When compared with Jones bag of tolls he pretty much is a one trick pony.

All he has is that overhand right that jones will be prepared for. Even if it lands Jones chin is probably the most underated chin in the ufc. Party bc very few can connect with it, but the shots that have he has shrugged of like nothing happened. Phone Post

Tools*

But here is to hoping a miracle happens and Hendo wins. Phone Post

Russianorkhan -
stonepony -
OneGloveJimmerson - Still………………….That one trick really really really really really works

I think JJ agrees with that... He didn't have anything but good things to say about DH in this video. He said he's 1-trick, he also described him as a winner... Obviously he knows that "1 trick" works.

The haters are just desperate, and they're going to be even angrier after JJ's next destructive victory over another dominant Pride superstar.

After he crushes Dan, an immense accomplishment, they still won't give him any credit. You just can't take them seriously.

Lol now you know how fedor fans felt while he was dominating,.....but jones is the man I got nothing against him except I think he's jus too big for lhw, but his age negates that so its fair game Phone Post

Plenty of fighters cut much more weight.

Lol at a fighter being to big for a weightclass he makes with relative ease. Derp Phone Post

Wasa-B - 
confusionSay - Besides the H-bomb, Hendo has shown incredible fight IQ. Slipping out the back door against Fedor was something I've never seen before (and it broke my heart, sniffle) but I would also chalk up his lack of KO or TKO loss to that. He's fought a lot of heavy-handed dudes, it's pretty remarkable no one's caught him.

That is basic wrestling 101. Its similar to pulling guard and hooking the single from your back (what Shogun always goes for and tried repeatedly against Jones). Its not really IQ so much imo as testament to Dan's durability. He gets dropped a lot but has that chin and fighting instinct still when he's hurt and as you mentioned, the wrestling to get him out of those bad spots. What made the sequence unique is that Hendo popped out so quickly and then popped Fedor with that upper cut so fast and rocked him with the one punch. True, i dont think that kind of sequence has happened in a major fight like that but its instinctive for any wrestler to try and base back out from their backs to their knees back to a leg attach position.

What I also saw was that Fedor went for the kill too carelessly like he did with Werdum. Werdum being the BJJ guy triangled him. Hendo being the wrestler, slipped around thru a single leg.

I think Dan's game is super basic but he's perfected it and with his power, durability, wrestling, it makes it difficult to put him away. Shogun did come close but didnt have the gas. I dont think Dan was particularly that hurt when he was mounted but Shogun didnt have the juice to turn it up and that was also because he got beat up earlier from Hendo.

I think it does show how lethal of a killer Anderson is though.

True, now that I think of it the back door escape has been used lots. But like you said, that flash KO while escaping was what was unique.

I'm with you, I can see Jones winning this in several ways, especially since he's shown none of the carelessness that let Dan put away Fedor and arguably Bisping.

A lot of people thought Rampage would land the right on Jones, and it didn't happen. MMAthematically, Henderson's skills are pretty even with Shogun's, and against Jones, it's not enough. Jones is smart enough to respect the power so this should be a competitive first round at leat.