Jon Jones is severely over rated by old hardcore heads & PRIDE fanboys wearing nostalgia goggles

Just had an exchange which I feel deserves its own thread and topic, and reminded me of just how overrated Jones is

Well, Santos and Reyes already beat Jones, so already you failed your own question numbnuts

You obviously dont know shit about fighting

Jan was also a terrible match up for Jones and wouldve wrecked Jones hence why Jones ducked Jan. Think the Rockhold and Corey Anderson fights. Jan is a beast at countering long kickers, back stepping kicks, counter kicking, and making kickers believe he wants to trade kicks (with counter kicks and hip fients) when he suddenly steps into their return kick with a KO punch. Plus Jan was a tank inside. Jan wouldve fucked Jones up

Also, Jiri right now beats the fuck out of riod Jones any day of the week. Jones is overrated and struggles vs people his size/height/age.

Look what Gustafsson already did to Jones. Jiri would fuck Jones up.

Jiri has the length and jab of Gus, without the weak heart and bad ground game of Gus. Jiri fucks Jones 10/10 times. Jiri fights from ortho and southpaw too. That would negate Jones switching to keep it an opposite stance match up and that would fuck the alignment of Jones’s kicks. And if Jones takes Jiri down, Jiri is the greatest threat of anyone hes ever faced off his back. Jiri smashes Jones all day every day

Damn I didn’t know that. I thought JJ got the win vs both. One unanimous and one via split. I missed the matches he lost to them

26 Likes

I have a feeling you might be eating your words when he makes his run through HW

3 Likes

Op is obvious a terrible troll. The problem is, Jones looked terrible in those fights & still won them. He was still heavy on the coke when he beat Cormier too.

I really don’t like Jones, but it’s hard to discredit his accomplishments thus far. Can’t even take into account his up coming run at heavy weight, he hasn’t faught much in the past few years so you’d expect him to be somewhat diminished

5 Likes

Well even 2011 Jones was beating smaller man, past their prime, two eyepokes per round, if he was rly so good he would have moved to heavyweight
The last time then he fought same size same age Gustaffson he barely won, like if not that elbow he clearly lost
And was pulsing his whole career

7 Likes

So you wanna play that game and act like judges are suddenly infallible when it suites you

Everyone knows Jones lost those fights and was bailed out by blatanly incompetent judging, if not out right corrupt judging

If the end result is final and nothing else matters than Jones LOST to Mat Hammil PERIOD. Either way Jones has loss on his record. If you want to act like his gift robberies are final than the Hammil loss is final. If you want to disregard the Hammil loss, than all fans disregard the Gus, Reyes, and Santos robberies and call those losses for Jones

Either way, Jones is no where near the GOAT like BOZO Dana White keeps trying to claim

Jones looks human without riods. Jones losses rounds. Jones gets beaten up.

As much as I hate @JackMerridew and find him to be a complete lunatic and loser, the truth is Khabib is still better than Jones. Khabib never got beat up or lost multiple rounds in a fight like Jones does every time Jones fights someone his size or age

Im a terrible troll YET you know NOTHING enough about fighting to even engage my breakdowns of how/why Jan and Jiri are terrible match ups for Jones

Yeah, im not the troll. Youre just an oldhead newb

1 Like

Yep I think you’re hot garbage, gay and Asian as well with a creepy fetish for ginger fighters, but I agree with you here.

1 Like

Lmao

The greatest thing is him seeing my posts and responding while i have him ignored. So hes literally responding into the wind lol. I can tag him and make him dance like a monkey while having him ignored lmao

5 Likes

yiri would be dismantled. even by current mystery jon jones.

I like it as well.

I can tell everyone about how you’re a gay, autistic asian with a fetish for ginger manlets like Paddy, Conor, and Canelo.

You even think you were a part of team Conor and Canelo… sick bastard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Horsepoop. Be honest, did you think Jones would dismantle Gustafsson (in their 1st fight) and Reyes?

2 Likes

LMAO I hate Jones but there wont ever be anyone as well rounded as him. Hes truly the only fighter Ive watched that was a master at everything.

1 Like

yes i did.

1 Like

i just have a hard time believing a striker who can’t lower his chin and doesn’t have any grappling could beat jon. jon is an unknown quantity right now though.

Jiri is 5x the fighter Reyes is. I think Jiri is a nightmare match up for even a Prime Jones. Jiri is a MASSIVE LHW, plus he’s unorthodox, I’d bank on this going to a Dec. Jones by Split Dec would be a goldmine

1 Like

No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
prime Jones by ground and elbows in three rounds if he rly wanted

Sure he would, like he did with Reyes

1 Like

Fuck off you wannabe Persian cocksucker

2 Likes

Yah, wait until Jones epic run through the worst HW division in history.

4 Likes