Jon Jones on community service tour (PICS)

soundoff71 - 
TFK_MrSmiff - WAR Tanner - that's community service right there.

Tanner was flawed & had demons like most of us, but he tried his best to do right, & his heart was in the right place.

We'll see if this is where Jones turns the corner & becomes a better man or not.

I have a small problem with what you said - yeah he was flawed and had demons but it seems like you're equating Jones behavior with Evans? Evan never hurt anyone in a crime. It's really distasteful to even compare their demons or crimes.

I'm probably nitpicking a little.

That little kid in the 3rd pic going all mac daddy on that girl is hilarious.

peppo - Jon is looking damn healthy these days. Hope he can keep it up, can't wait for his return.
I thought the same thing Phone Post 3.0

soundoff71 - 
BJTT-Harry Turnbuckle - I thought community service was picking up trash and planting trees and hard work. Thats what the rest of us would have to do.
Certainly not parade around a few kids karate classes and pose for photos. Thats all PR type stuff that serves his interest, not the community.

Go feed the homeless
Go fix a dilapidated park
Go plant a tree. Phone Post 3.0

This is what real community service looks like when it's not ordered by the courts:

A Parent Teacher Association had been working hard to raise the funds needed to build a safe playground for the 870+ children attending this low-income school. A $5,000 grant that the school received for the playground had a stipulation. After raising the remaining funds needed for the playground equipment the school would have to build it themselves. They needed 150 volunteers to do the build successfully. A parent started contacting as many athletes as she could think of. She knew that strength and stamina was what the school was going to need to get the playground built in one day. There were few responses. Professional fighter, Evan Tanner of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) heard about the need for tough guys with big hearts and offered to fly in from Las Vegas to help.

"Your Cause is a good one." "I will be there," Evan Tanner simply stated.

the power of one

Lmao

He's trolling us again. Phone Post 3.0

Holly is a Looker

Butt Hurt - There's no way these experiences won't impact Jon in a positive way.

Kids fucking rule.

I'd imagine that standing in front of them and using himself as an example of what not to do is extremely humbling.

Whatever us jaded adults say, those kids will be fans of his forever.

Hope this lights a fire under him...especially as a father. Phone Post 3.0

Good stuff. I totally agree.

He's a young guy who fucked up and his trying to make up for it. It's like some of you want to see him on a corner smoking crack with hookers. I don't understand some of you.

UGCTT_I_love_the_hunt - He's a young guy who fucked up and his trying to make up for it. It's like some of you want to see him on a corner smoking crack with hookers. I don't understand some of you.
Ordered to make up for it... Phone Post 3.0

TheFirstDragon - Probation officer: "How did you do today?"

Jon: "It was really swell. These kids are the best. I hope they grow into really well rounded adults. I was super impressed by their sensei as well. He is keeping them on the path of harmony."

Probation officer: "Jon. You are doing such a fine job, I have to tell you, I am super impressed just in a few hours by what you are doing. There is now doubt in my mind that you are a great guy and just made a few mistakes. Ahh. What am I talking about? It's a bunch of bullshit that you have been through! You got screwed over. Just hang with me a couple more weeks and we'll get you squared away with the judge."

Jon: Everything can be accomplished through Christ our Lord. This is what I strive for everyday. The people mean more to me than life itself. From now on, I will not lose focus on what is truly important. I will be there to do good for all of those who do not have the capabilities to for themselves. I promise you this!

Probation officer: If only more men could be as great as you are. You are a once in a lifetime person. A true great. I am honored to be in your life, even in this capacity. I am humbled by you.

Jon: Sir. You have humbled me. And I will do God's bidding from here on out.
-----------------------------------------------------

One hour later....(SNORT!!!!! "Aw shit!! That's what I been missing! Girl! You look so good with your fine blonde hair! Get that A##$ up! Bones got some work ta doo! What???? We all out? Let's take a drive down to my homey. He got some more for us. Don't even worry.......)
Sad trombone ... Phone Post 3.0

Letibleu - 
soundoff71 - 
BJTT-Harry Turnbuckle - I thought community service was picking up trash and planting trees and hard work. Thats what the rest of us would have to do.
Certainly not parade around a few kids karate classes and pose for photos. Thats all PR type stuff that serves his interest, not the community.

Go feed the homeless
Go fix a dilapidated park
Go plant a tree. Phone Post 3.0

This is what real community service looks like when it's not ordered by the courts:

A Parent Teacher Association had been working hard to raise the funds needed to build a safe playground for the 870+ children attending this low-income school. A $5,000 grant that the school received for the playground had a stipulation. After raising the remaining funds needed for the playground equipment the school would have to build it themselves. They needed 150 volunteers to do the build successfully. A parent started contacting as many athletes as she could think of. She knew that strength and stamina was what the school was going to need to get the playground built in one day. There were few responses. Professional fighter, Evan Tanner of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) heard about the need for tough guys with big hearts and offered to fly in from Las Vegas to help.

"Your Cause is a good one." "I will be there," Evan Tanner simply stated.

the power of one

That's a tear-jerker for sure :..(

TKD LOL - 
UGCTT_I_love_the_hunt - He's a young guy who fucked up and his trying to make up for it. It's like some of you want to see him on a corner smoking crack with hookers. I don't understand some of you.
Ordered to make up for it... Phone Post 3.0

So you're just going to hate this guy for the rest of your life?

Of course Dana is pushing him to do these things. Obvious. You've never done some stupid when you were younger?

The guy fucked up while on drugs. He didn't go out of his way and shoot up a school. He panicked and ran from a scene. Which was stupid! I get it.

But maybe I am just alone here. I think as long as he helps the gal he hurt and does things like this for kids it is positive.

Hell... Bruce Jenner killed a woman who is a mother/wife. But, our media called him a hero because he grew breasts. I didn't see that asshole helping her family. Or kids. Nothing.

Much respect to jones

This experience is going to humble him because he's not an evil guy. He's a young kid who became "GOAT" and made it look effortless. Phone Post 3.0

Is he returning at HW?! Dude is looking beefy. Phone Post 3.0

Butt Hurt - There's no way these experiences won't impact Jon in a positive way.

Kids fucking rule.

I'd imagine that standing in front of them and using himself as an example of what not to do is extremely humbling.

Whatever us jaded adults say, those kids will be fans of his forever.

Hope this lights a fire under him...especially as a father. Phone Post 3.0
This. I see only positivity here. Phone Post 3.0

stonepony - "Big thank you to Albuquerque high school for allowing me to come speak to the kids today!"

Reminds me of that episode of The Office.

"I've realized there's so much more to life than being the youngest VP in the company's history. I've even started volunteering. Giving back to the community."

'Well that's great. You're talking about your court ordered community service?'

"I don't need a judge to tell me to keep my community clean."

'But he did, right?'
LOL! I remember that episode. VU

It seems like Jones wants to get his hours commitment over as soon as possible. Doing a crap load of appearances in one day. Phone Post 3.0

"Trying to make up for it" = court appointed community service to avoid jail Phone Post 3.0

TheFirstDragon -
FCFBlazer - I think this is great for bones and he will come back a better man and champion. Phone Post 3.0

Do you truly believe that given his personality and track record. Don't get me wrong. Jon IS a true warrior and I love seeing him fight. He does have the potential to be the GOAT.

But his personal life and all of its' intricacies greatly inhibits him.

Do you think he can overcome his own personality traits and his personal tendencies?

I hope so.

But so far, he hasn't shown a true well rounded character necessary to do so.
You have no idea what he's like now or if he has changed.

You're just talking out of your arse Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents - 
Mr Spliff - Ya, I definitely would not want my kid anywhere near his community service gigs Phone Post 3.0

Yeah because there's certainly no lesson to be learned from Jones' mistakes and those kids definitely don't look like they're all thrilled to be around..

I can just picture you now..

Little Billy: Daddy, Jon Jones is coming to our baseball game to talk to us about doing the right thing and learning from your mistakes and working hard to be the best!

You: NOT ON MY WATCH! GET IN YOUR ROOM!

He's a troll.